The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » I want to tell you that is rubbish.... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2181 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
...So that no-one would buy it and I'd get it all to myself!

I hate this "review" In fact its not a review its a strange fetish for either the trick or the creator!

It pops up 20 times on every trick. Except for antigrav. But they just used the first bit "I want to tell you that is rubbish."

Please people say something cooler!

M:C
Joey Stalin
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1072 Posts

Profile of Joey Stalin
We would but that gets the mods panties in a twist
-A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.
-It is easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them.
-The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.

See you space cowboy...
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Is this about an item?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Go to sleep Jonathan.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

All this cause some folks are jumping on the hype wagon?

Gee Doug I was just pondering a post discussing a strategy to clean up the ad language in conjuring.

But yeah... better to leave folks to cry over money they have lost while not wising up than to offer something that can help this community... I guess.

G'nite.

PM or email me if you want something to consider
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
All this? OH. All what? It was a simple statement made by Matt that really didn't need expounding on. I thought you were just over tired and didn't get it. I should have realized you were coiling for a lengthy discussion...and getting sensitive to boot! haha.

And what ad language? It is the lame language of pseudo user reviews that was being skewered...or should I go to bed?

Better get back up Jonathan...don't want to start rumors. :
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3362 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
Constant vigilance . . .

to get back on track -> yes, I dislike that comment as well. Selfish and childish. It does not resonate in me.
Cards never lie
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4207 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
I wish someone would close this thread so I can have it all to myself!
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Those words in question reflect upon the writer. Why be upset at someone who would write such a thing?

As long as monkey see, monkey do is encouraged we're gonna have lots of banana peels around to slip on.

The offer stands and its discussion needs to be taken offline.
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2181 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
I just wanted to get this off my chest!

This is about no particular item but if you just look at most of the latest products everyone is saying this in there own words!

Next Week on "What grinds my gears" : something about monkeys leaving parts of the banana.

patrick flanagan
View Profile
Inner circle
lisle, illinois
1045 Posts

Profile of patrick flanagan
I think I was the first to coin that phrase. It was great fun at the time. If memory serves, I believe I said this to Alexander Graham Bell. But, quickly realized that if I was the only one that had a phone, well....you know the rest. Funny, I never see my name listed in the credits. Sheesh...magicians...gggrrr...lol
Patrick
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1995 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
If someone want me to read a review (And care about the opinion) there are a few things needed.

1: -No vitriol- Telling me it's garbage and worthless and monkey bile, or it is perfect, wonderful, made by angels under the supervision of god himself does nothing. I wonder when I read similar things if there are other reasons for this axe grinding.

2: -Reasonable cause- What is right or wrong about the product? Could the creator have used better materials, or spent more time in testing before release? Is it merely impractical.

3: -Realize you are stating your personal opinion- Yes it may be the worst/best thing you ever owned, but I would say the YOT is useless, yet some people like it.

4: -Don't attack the creator- Unless it is a provable rip off, these guys are trying to make ends meet. They might have made a poor decision in offering it to the public, but you don't have to slander to get your point across.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1950 Posts

Profile of kregg
If you're buying a product based on a reviewer's opinion (+/-) ... does the effect have a use or will it end up on e-bay? The classified ads are the true test of rubbish.
POOF!
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2181 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Ok...i'm over this now...feel free to delete!

aka
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1995 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
I'm not. Now I'm ****ed. Not the American type, but the English type. Even though I don't know what the English "****ed" means....

This is rubbish (Another English word)
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
enginemagic
View Profile
Special user
Bluffton Indiana
597 Posts

Profile of enginemagic
Woa theres some friction in this thread!!! The HM60 is going to throw a rod
theres a lot to learn out there,many interesting subjects,and hobbies to enjoy
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2181 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
I wish I was a starfish again, they where the days.

I remember one morning I woke up with amnesia and I thought I was human and I went shopping in the corner shop and people looked at me all funny.

-------------------

Some people have pm'd me, called me and emailed me questioning me about the validity of the above post.

I have to admit after re-reading and interrogating myself I have discovered that it is indeed a lie and I'm sorry to those who believed it.

I offer my condolences to you and your family and hope you have a nice 2003.

Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1995 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
Your not a starfish?
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3362 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
Funny how a conversation goes. The original question was about how we feel about comments regarding keeping a trick for oneselves, probably as a plug.
Cards never lie
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2181 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Quote:
On 2007-08-04 19:54, Josh Riel wrote:
Your not a starfish?

Nope =(

Andy...a plug???? It was merely an observation on how many people review a product.

Now I want to tell you I got Colman's Tuna in my hair. Colman's Tuna, with Colman's Mustard.

that's a plug for ya pipe.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » I want to tell you that is rubbish.... (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL