The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Move over Mindfreak... "Room 401" is creating a stir! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1729 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
Interesting enough to pass on to everyone who hasn't caught an episode yet...

I was flipping through the channels this afternoon and caught the tail end of "MTV's Room 401". It's produced by Ashton Kutcher (MTV's Punk'd) and Jason Goldberg (Butterfly Effect, Beauty and the Geek, and Punk'd).

Anyway, I thought it was pretty cool as they were using many known effects amongst illusionist such as; Blue Room, Alice Through the Looking Glass, and (Cyril's) Head Drop.

If you get a chance, swing on over to room401.mtv.com and you can see full-length clips of the show.

I am curious who is doing the illusion/magic consulting and fabrication for these guys!

-Bryan

P.s.- Room 401 has significance as well... It is the hospital room where Houdini died...
Caveat Lector
View Profile
Elite user
493 Posts

Profile of Caveat Lector
Yes, there you will also see the episode where they do Kevin James' cutting in half and it is done very poorly.
Corrupting the art of magic, one show at a time
www.underworldent.com
www.myspace.com/johnshawcomedymagic
BRodgers
View Profile
Special user
543 Posts

Profile of BRodgers
They also do Kevin's Severed Hand as well.
Creator of The Phantom Band 360
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
I thought Scare Tactics had its run and faded away? Apparantly not. LOL

Best,

Tim
David Boyd
View Profile
Regular user
NYC
197 Posts

Profile of David Boyd
LOL yeha TIme I agree.. I Was like .. " This reminds me of something... OOHh Scare Tactics" Smile

David
Peace
David Boyd

www.myspace.com/harlemmagic
ricker
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
914 Posts

Profile of ricker
MTV isn't MTV anymore. Since Les Garland left, MTV isn't even about music anymore.

MTV turned 26 on August 1. I miss my MTV.. Martha, Alan, Nina, Mark and JJ (RIP JJ)
Terry Owens
View Profile
Inner circle
Ft. Wayne, Indiana
1707 Posts

Profile of Terry Owens
I think Justin Kredible is on the program, he seems to be a really great guy.
leoillusion
View Profile
New user
Atlanta GA
96 Posts

Profile of leoillusion
LOL yeah, he is, Kreds is a great guy. I do know that when it comes to MTV, having a big say on a show is a no-no unless your someone very big!
IllusionJack
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas, Nevada
376 Posts

Profile of IllusionJack
Scare Tactics was a great TV show. This one sounds cool as well, especially since it incorporates magic! Time to go program my TiVO!

--Jack Smile
Darth Ewok
View Profile
Loyal user
Greeneville TN
228 Posts

Profile of Darth Ewok
I'm prety sure the "magic people" behind this show is Magic x (the same guys who did T.H.E.M.) I got an anouncment from them on my myspace from them telling me to check it out
my real name is Kevin Harrison

http://www.myspace.com/magicalclerk
Paul Arthur
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Profile of Paul Arthur
Quote:
On 2007-08-06 03:22, IllusionJack wrote:
Scare Tactics was a great TV show.

If you weren't too distracted by Shannon Doherty's wandering eye. I heard it was trying to escape. Smile
nnickerson
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of nnickerson
The show is mainly Magic X with a few new characters. Justin said he's in six of the eight episodes. He's an awesome guy. When I met him he told me about the show a couple months before it was released. If you haven't seen Justin's stage show it's hilarious. Check him out.

I find Room 401 a lot better than Scare Tactics. But there really isn't much material in each episode. Normally there's four "routines" per episode. I still find it entertaining though.

Nate
nnickerson.com
nate@nnickerson.com
myspace.com/magicnate
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Move over Mindfreak... "Room 401" is creating a stir! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL