The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Invisible loops (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mddkf
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of mddkf
Just got some loops in the mail. I tried them out and could not see them from my angle. When I showed my wife an effect she could clearly see them. No lights were on and it was the middle of the day with light coming in through a window. Just how dark do you think it needs to be to use the loops?
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3370 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
It is not a matter of darkness, but from where the light comes. Experiment around and you will learn it.
Cards never lie
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5392 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Contact Ron Jaxon here at the Café. He has created two valuable resources that I found very helpful. One is his pdf titled "jaxitguide," and the other is a short wmv file titled "itlight."

Best of luck!
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17197 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Sunlight is very revealing of IT and IT loops. Artificial light is better and indirect light at that. Direct light will make it visible. You have to experiment to find where it is visible and where it is not. In time you will become a good quick judge if the light is correct. Plus there are some things you can do in some cases to cover it even under undesirable light conditions.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
jonxodus
View Profile
Veteran user
San Diego, CA
312 Posts

Profile of jonxodus
You have to be honest with yourself, if you can see it, the other person prob. would. Don take chances with IT, its embarrassing when people see it. My advise is to get better distance if in such harsh conditions, go further away or don't do the trick at all
mddkf
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of mddkf
Thanks for the advice.
Bob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Philadelphia, PA
1251 Posts

Profile of Bob Johnston
Quote:
On 2007-08-06 05:58, jonxodus wrote:
You have to be honest with yourself, if you can see it, the other person prob. would. Don take chances with IT, its embarrassing when people see it. My advise is to get better distance if in such harsh conditions, go further away or don't do the trick at all

You being able to see it has nothing to do with others being able to see unless they are perhaps looking over your shoulder. It had more to do with how it is lit from the spectators point of view, and what is in the background from the spectators point of view.

AND, since you know where it is, you can never be objective about how it looks to the spectator.

Bob
scottds80
View Profile
Special user
Victoria, Australia
730 Posts

Profile of scottds80
Some people recommend running a sharpie over their IT. Does this actually help?
"Great Scott the Magician", Gippsland
The Jack
View Profile
V.I.P.
228 Posts

Profile of The Jack
I think yes because it makes it less brilliant.
mindshrink
View Profile
Special user
Delhi,India
915 Posts

Profile of mindshrink
Would using a sharpie make the IT 'thicker' and more apparent?Havent tried it as yet.
shek
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles, CA
244 Posts

Profile of shek
I have heard that sharpie does make the IT less reflective, but I've never tried it as it does seem very tedious and time-consuming to run a sharpie over all my loops.
Ace of $pades
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Ace of $pades
I don't use a sharpie at all and n ever have been caught using loops. I think the reason I havent been caught is because I perform in a fancy restaraunt with dim lights. Even with those lights, you should position your body in such a way that your shadow sheilds your loops.
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5392 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
If you like your IET black without the hassle of using a sharpie check out the Infinity or Silkworm threads. I personally use Infinity as it is the best one for me. Also, as I mentioned above, you should check in with Ron Jaxon (or search his posts here) and ask for a link to his quick tutorial on IT lighting and backgrounds. Very helpful.

Best of luck!
Xemm
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of Xemm
I think using IT or IET, we have to really look out for the background from spectator's point of view, to avoid sun light we can use shade and distance for reducing the chance of being seen.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Invisible loops (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.36 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL