The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coins from mouth (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

sjdavison
View Profile
Inner circle
Surrey, UK
1379 Posts

Profile of sjdavison
Hi Guys,
Just wondering if anyone had a good, practical, effective method for doing this effect half way through a routine- slightly more interesting than just asking for a coin, or bringing one out, before going into a coins across routine. Relatively new to coin magic, but know the basic sleights.
Thanks,
Simon
Simon, 32, UK

www.sidavisonmagic.com
Kainoa
View Profile
Elite user
NewArk, Delaware
424 Posts

Profile of Kainoa
Sylvester the Jester has a sequence that is very practical, though I'm not sure it's taught on his tape. It is definitely not a basic sleight.....
Tony
View Profile
Veteran user
Los Angeles
303 Posts

Profile of Tony
Michael Rubinstein has a routine called "Crazy Coins Accross" where the last of 4 coins comes from the mouth. It's shown as a performance only from his Knockout Coin Magic but the explanation is available in his "Lecture Notes #3" available directly from him. FYI this manuscript also has other routines found in his DVD.
r4bid
View Profile
Veteran user
386 Posts

Profile of r4bid
Sylvester's tape does have such an effect. I wouldn't reccomend buying the tape just for that effect as it is about 10 seconds of a longer routine and he really just shows you a good excuse for putting your hands near your mouth and it may not work for you if you don't dress the way he does(if I remember correctly).
However, the tape as a whole is amazing and if you are willing to devote the time to learn the Sylvester pitch then it is worth more than its weight in gold as far as I am concerned.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coins from mouth (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL