The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Magickal incantations (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3076 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
Quote:
On 2007-08-08 12:48, Ed Mauve wrote:
Can anyone provide a review on the book Magic Words: A Dictionary by Craig Conley?

and maybe Magic Archetypes, The Skeleton Key of Solomon by Craig Conley also?

or anything about the author academic profile? From the description of all the books, it seems to cover a huge area for each Title.

Is the books for entertainment usage only (like stories in Magic books based on but not real accounts etc) or the materials are all researched and can be accounted for it's authenticity.

Thank you. Smile

-Ed

Hi Ed,

Did you see this one by Gordon Meyer?

Best,
Neil
Creator of The Xpert (20 PAGES of reviews!), Cut & Color, Hands-Off Multiple ESP (HOME) System, Rider-Waite Readers book, Zoom Pendulum ebook ...
Clifford the Red
View Profile
Inner circle
LA, California
1941 Posts

Profile of Clifford the Red
http://www.veritaserum.com/info/spellsandcharms.shtml

This has the spells from Harry Potter which were actually researched and done well in Latin and Latin derivative.
"The universe is full of magical things, waiting for our wits to grow sharper." Eden Philpotts
Leland Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
1204 Posts

Profile of Leland Stone
English, being the sole language I speak proficiently, provides the only words I use in uttering incantations. Oh, but what varied and mellifluous possibilities this 'handicap' provides! Tolkien rendered the songs of elves and the histories of dwarves into words I know, losing but little in the translation. Latin, whatever its pronunciation, still echoes in our speech, as do the sounds once uttered by long-dead German peasants, English royalty, highland shepherds, and Danish sailors.
There is much to mine from this deep seam of language, and other tongues may be left to their own quarries, it seems to me.

On a related note, I, too, have been troubled by those who would correct my pronunciation or alter my rituals. There is but one way of dealing with these vexing sorts, and that is to fix upon them a clear gaze and pronounce with excruciatingly civil tones: "And so it may be with other traditions, but it is not so with mine."

Leland

(with a nod to George "this is America; you can can spell it 'S-m-i-t-h' and pronounce it 'Kowalski' if you want to!" Carlin)
John Nesbit
View Profile
Inner circle
United States
1421 Posts

Profile of John Nesbit
Ah George Carlin, aka "Sam Sleet" ("Your Hippy Dippy Weatherman, with the Hippy Dippy Weather, Man" !)
Now there's an incantation for you...Smile

(check him out on youtube, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nzvm8k5kSjs On Cats, great stuff)
Ed Mauve
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of Ed Mauve
Quote:
On 2007-08-09 16:42, Neil Tobin wrote:
Hi Ed,

Did you see this one by Gordon Meyer?

Best,
Neil

Thanks Neil for providing the link, that's a very good site of reviews.

There's reviews for Magic Words and Magic Archetypes, both are good books from the reviews. Except I may need School of Mystery for Magic Archetypes, but since Mystery School is much of a wonderful book, I'm sure this is worth the purchase for those looking for more out of Mystery School.

Do you happen to read any reviews for The Skeleton Key of Solomon also? Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Magickal incantations (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL