The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Random Thoughts (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
My new ebook that contains 44 original close up effects, and should be available soon. This is the stuff I have been using for 2 years. Effects with cards, coins, batteries, envelopes, Sharpie Markers, pop cans, ice, pretzels, string, pens, glasses, duct tape, and much more! Some of them were even going to be released as single effects! Here are the highlights of Random Thoughts:

An impromptu version of Jay Sankey's Astral Projection.. the ultimate Though-Of Card Across effect.

5 brand new bare-handed coin productions and vanishes!

A low-tech, visual bill change you WILL use!

A startling borrowed coin through card window that is insanely visual!

2 revolutionary self-levitation concepts!

A signed card appears in a just-examined and duct-taped shut pocket!

In winter, a signed coin vanishes and reappears frozen in a piece of ice on the ground!

3 effects with Tic-Tacs!

An anytime, anywhere seance with a tape recorder!

AND MUCH MORE!

I will keep you updated as to when the ebook will be released, and I guarantee it will be at an unbeatable price! Your thoughts?

Michael Kras
Learn more about my upcoming book of close up magic and theory SYNTHESIS & SECRETS: A Magic Book in Four Acts: https://www.michaelkrasworks.com/synthesis-secrets
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Any interest in this? Any questions? Comments? Thoughts?
Learn more about my upcoming book of close up magic and theory SYNTHESIS & SECRETS: A Magic Book in Four Acts: https://www.michaelkrasworks.com/synthesis-secrets
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
I don't believe all of those have been fully researched or tested, there are two reasons why I think this:

1- It seems that every other day there is a new ebook or effect your hoping to release

2- Though I'm not a member there, it seems that you've been doing the same on themagicwoods forums, with the general consensus being that your releases (well, hopeful releases) are under developed, not fully researched or at this time, not very good.

Glancing over Random Thoughts, a few of the items are things which even you yourself admitted aren't ready and that you were gonna hold off from releasing. Infact you agreed with most of the comments from themagicwoods and said you'll stop continuously trying to release your effect. It seems you've completely ignored all the really good advice that was given to you and your now doing the same here.

Im not being horrible, but maybe you should concentrate more on enjoying magic and becoming better at what you do. There's plenty of time to release material, and by all means keep on creating, but for now hold off on trying to release it, instead put it to use, improve upon it and have fun doing so.
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Great advice! I am only doing this to put myself out of my misery though. I didn't ignore the advice, but I am just releasing everything I ever created so I no longer have anything to release and therefore are no longer tempted. Trust me, TMW comments are the reason I am doing this. But you may have a point, and I will rethink the situation long and hard.
Doctor D
View Profile
Special user
563 Posts

Profile of Doctor D
Quote:
On 2007-08-07 01:57, Michaelmystic2003 wrote:
I didn't ignore the advice, but I am just releasing everything I ever created so I no longer have anything to release and therefore are no longer tempted.

And that makes sense.... how? If you honestly believe releasing this stuff isn't a good thing, then don't! Otherwise, do and admit that you're ignoring the advice given!

If you'll excuse me, I'm now going to get drunk, so I'm not tempted to drink any beers.
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

You're right.. I shouldn;t have posted this. I'm tired and depressed, so I don't know....
Vir_Lucis_Ex_Deus
View Profile
Regular user
165 Posts

Profile of Vir_Lucis_Ex_Deus
I don't know - I guess I can see where these guys are coming from, but good on you for trying!

Beyond the pure magic discussion, releasing an e-book allows you to learn a lot of things about self-publishing and what it takes to bring a creation of yours (whether it be a book, art, effect, etc.) to a marketplace. You're young and if you keep this up will have learnt a lot by the time you will really need it - I say keep at it...only listen to constructive criticism.

Now lets discuss some things...

What kind of pricing were you imagining for your RT e-book?

Where were you going to distribute it?

Does the distributor require a cut/fee?

just e-book or hard copy (pamphlet type) version as well?

Do you include images in your method? This will bump up the production values, but require you or someone you know to be able to do it.

If the magicians around here aren't interested, do you know of any young magicians clubs in your area? Maybe see if they are interested in parting with a few dollars for a pamphlet...

That is of course, if you really want to put your methods out there before they may be at their best.

Once again, keep at it - business and promotion skills of this ilk only come through experience really!

my 2c...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Random Thoughts (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL