We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Scotch Glue Stick vs. 2-Way Glue (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2472 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
Greetings,

I am reading Anthony Owens' book and looking at his suggestion for 2-way glue. I have been using Scotch's Restickable Adhesive Glue Stick for some time, which acts like a Post-it adhesive.

Wondering if there is a benefit of using the 2-way glue instead of this adhesive?

If any of you have played around with both, perhaps you can give me some pros and cons.

Thanks!

RevJohn
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Hello, RevJohn, I'm sorry I don't have an answer for you. But I do have a question for you. Smile

Can the Restickable Adhesive Stick Glue be removed from the cards? Can the 2-way glue be removed from the cards?

Thanks,
edh
Magic is a vanishing art.
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
2472 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
I haven't tried removing either, but I think that either glue, while one card can be removed from it...the card that it is stuck to...well, has it for good.

After using both for a bit, I do believe that after a while the Restickable Adhesive from Scotch will start to rub off on the other cards, while the 2-way glue holds its spot, where it is supposed to be, better.

RevJohn
tgplano
View Profile
Special user
Ted Gillam
614 Posts

Profile of tgplano
To remove the Restickable Adhesive Stick Glue, use a product called "Goo Gone". It's available at most hardware stores.
Mentalism for the Metroplex
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
2472 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
Probably be easier just to replace the cards than use Goo Gone. That stuff is great...for getting stickers off of the front of refrigerators or dishwashers. Not that my kids would do that!!!
rayg1952
View Profile
Regular user
200 Posts

Profile of rayg1952
I read on another site that you can use Rust–Oleum Grip & Guard (clear) or Performix Plasti Dip 11 oz spray can, and you can use this on playing cards. You would normally spray this on the handles of a hammer or wrench and so forth to get a better grip.
ToasterofDoom
View Profile
Special user
671 Posts

Profile of ToasterofDoom
The restickable glue stick eventually loses strength and rubs off. However, it's not much of a hassle when it's on there. I mean, it's just Post-it glue..
rayg1952
View Profile
Regular user
200 Posts

Profile of rayg1952
I have Magician's Mate, and it's OK. The only thing I don't like about it is the adhesive will stick to the other card.
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
2472 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
Toaster,

Agreed. It works well, but after about 10 uses on a card, they start to transfer.

The 2-way glue really is the way to go.

RevJohn
rayg1952
View Profile
Regular user
200 Posts

Profile of rayg1952
What is 2-way glue, or do you mean double-sided tape?
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
2472 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
http://myscrapsandscribbles.com/store/zig/ZIG_Glue_Pens.htm

Anthony Owen does a lot of work with this type of glue.

RevJohn
rayg1952
View Profile
Regular user
200 Posts

Profile of rayg1952
When you allow it to dry, does it dry clear?
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
2472 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
It goes on blue, which tells you it is wet. Let it dry on one card...and when it dries, it is clear and sticky.

If you put it on blue, stick two cards together, and then let it dry, you get a permanent bond.

That is why it is two-way glue. Two ways to use it.

RevJohn
rayg1952
View Profile
Regular user
200 Posts

Profile of rayg1952
When you allow it to dry before you put the 2 cards together, does it separate easy and does the glue transfer to the other cards, making those cards sticky?
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
2472 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
2-Way glue is great. It does separate easily and does not transfer onto the other card.

Give it a try, I think you will like it. It is cheap glue as well. Worth playing around with.

RevJohn
rayg1952
View Profile
Regular user
200 Posts

Profile of rayg1952
I might give it a try.

Thanks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Scotch Glue Stick vs. 2-Way Glue (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL