The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » To escape or not to escape? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

maps
View Profile
Inner circle
1122 Posts

Profile of maps
Which do you think is a better ending for the table of death type illusion.?
Should the magician disappear and appear at the back of the hall or should he/she be posing on top of the bed of spikes that seeming passed through him/her?
Maps
the heart is where the magic begins
Visit my website
[www.mascotsandpuppets.com]
alexkrey
View Profile
Elite user
RUSSIA
411 Posts

Profile of alexkrey
?
Alex Krey
---------------------------
http://www.alexkrey.com
reynold
View Profile
Elite user
Puerto Rico
473 Posts

Profile of reynold
No question in my mind that appearing on top of the bed is the best way to go. When you appear in the audience you kill the whole escape thing. I do the water torture cell and coming out of the tank out of breath and spitting water is much more realistic. If you come out from the back of the theater then there was no real danger is just another illusion.

In my opinion a dangerous escape like the table of death should be presented as what it is an escape, leave the back of the theater thing for other illusions like DeKolta chair, etc.

Thanks,
Reynold
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17197 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Definitely on the top of the table. The coming from the back smells of something fishy. It is both an illusion and an escape, but the idea of the effect is an escape. Thus it is logical for you to be on top of the table, but there is no logic to you being in the back of the audience. The suspense is built by the spikes falling, that moment where the audience fears you have failed, then to have you revealed on the table is the relief and wow. To appear in the back removes a lot of that fear factor rather than give a releif. More of "oh it was just a trick he disappears and appears in the back" rather than "Oh, he managed to escape at the last second after all" which is a relief.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
VinceUK
View Profile
New user
North West England
51 Posts

Profile of VinceUK
I think that's a no brainer really....

You spoil the illusion if you appear anywhere else other than on the top of the bed of spikes.

Just my opinion thou.
VinceUK
maps
View Profile
Inner circle
1122 Posts

Profile of maps
Thanks everyone for your precious thoughts.I do think that appearing at the back of the hall doesn't give it as much impact as showing the magician on top of the bed of spikes as well.
What do people think when the magician is all covered up and there's 40 secs of blank moments where "there's nothing happening".All you hear is the sound track playing and maybe chains rattling before the spikes comes crashing down?
Maps
the heart is where the magic begins
Visit my website
[www.mascotsandpuppets.com]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » To escape or not to escape? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL