The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » 1st audition--thanks to all of you (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
stevepowell
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of stevepowell
I have been a lurker for quite a while on this forum and finally registered a few weeks ago. I have been doing birthday parties for years and finally decided to do some strolling/table-hopping. So I registered, planning on asking my list of questions, but it seems someone always beat me to the question. I just wanted those of you on this forum(I would mention you by name, but I am sure I would leave someone out) that you have been extremely helpful(without even realizing it). Thanks for all the advice and please keep it up.

Steve
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Wait....you mean you didn't decide to become a table hopper, schedule an appointment, ask for advice a couple hours before the tryout, then didn't fall into a situation where they didn't know good from bad so they hired you? Dang....I like you. I don't know anything but I'm adding you to my list of people to try to help. Oh, and get a haircut.
stevepowell
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of stevepowell
Sometimes it is hard to see the advice through the sarcasm, but santa you are definetely one of the good guys.... thanks again

Steve

PS: just left the barbershop
stevepowell
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of stevepowell
Sometimes it is hard to see the advice through the sarcasm, but santa you are definetely one of the good guys.... thanks again

Steve

PS: just left the barbershop
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
Steve:Getting 'two' haircut's is a little over the top. Smile

Best of luck to you.

Rich
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
Yes, the Café is a great place!
How did the audition go? Did you get the job?
Magic_Steve
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1476 Posts

Profile of Magic_Steve
Congrats man. Sounds like you did your homework and it paid off. Way to get out there and go for it! Smile

Best.
Steve
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
You know, I'm starting to think everyone in Nova Scotia does magic...seems to be packs of 'em there.
stevepowell
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of stevepowell
Cory,

the audition is actually friday evening. I met w/ the GM today and after 5 minutes she asked if I would do an hour friday night so she could see me in "real world" conditions. I have my routines ready and feel as prepared as I can. Even though the only paying shows I have done in the past were kids parties, I have been doing close up for years, so I am not trying anything new.... just the tried and true, as they say. Thanks again.
Steve

PS: Rich, you obviously havent seen my hair...lol
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Best wishes for the audition and don't forget to put makeup on all those tattoos.
And get rid of all those piercings. You look like you fell face-first into my dad's tackle box.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
stevepowell
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of stevepowell
Frank,

How did you find my picture?? I thought I took all those off the web....
FunTimeAl
View Profile
Special user
987 Posts

Profile of FunTimeAl
Steve,

I have a link to a picture of a goat that'll help calm ya down. Don't know if it'll get your head in the right place, but it'll certainly take your mind off the upcoming gig for a while.

Well, on second thought, I can't post it. Just can't bring myself to do it. After all the complaining I've done about that stupid goat, I can't burden another soul with it.

Sorry Steve, try some yoga or somethin'. Don't bother with the goat though. It's just not worth it. Trust me on that one man.
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Georgetown, South Carolina
3094 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Congrats Steve,
Be sure and tell us of the outcome. I just auditioned for another restaurant gig last Friday and am scheduled to talk to the GM tomorrow. All the best to you!!
David Paul
Guilt will betray you before technique betrays you!
Magic_Steve
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1476 Posts

Profile of Magic_Steve
G.O.A.T. = GREATEST OF ALL TIME. If anyone here know's who Ricky Carmichael is, this will all make sense. Smile
Magic_Steve
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1476 Posts

Profile of Magic_Steve
Quote:
On 2007-08-07 23:22, davidpaul$ wrote:
Congrats Steve,
Be sure and tell us of the outcome. I just auditioned for another restaurant gig last Friday and am scheduled to talk to the GM tomorrow. All the best to you!!
David Paul

Hahaha! Nice. I auditioned for restaurant last Saturday, and am meeting with the owner tomarrow. Good luck to ya David!

(If it's the same restaurant, we'll have a "duel"...best pass wins! LOL!)
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I ate at a restaurant last week and I'm hoping to wake up tomorrow.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2007-08-07 23:13, Frank Starsini wrote:
Best wishes for the audition and don't forget to put makeup on all those tattoos.
And get rid of all those piercings. You look like you fell face-first into my dad's tackle box.

Frank, that was funny man.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
patrick flanagan
View Profile
Inner circle
lisle, illinois
1045 Posts

Profile of patrick flanagan
Steve,
Best of luck with the audition. I'm sure it will work out fabulously. If you've done a bunch of kid shows...no worries...this will be a piece of cake...lol. Have fun!!!!
Patrick
MAKMagic
View Profile
Special user
I got banned for one of my
555 Posts

Profile of MAKMagic
Congrats - that's great news. Please let us know how it goes.
.:Michael Kelley
On the Level, By the Square
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
Quote:
On 2007-08-09 02:25, patrick flanagan wrote:
Steve,
Best of luck with the audition. I'm sure it will work out fabulously. If you've done a bunch of kid shows...no worries...this will be a piece of cake...lol. Have fun!!!!
Patrick

I would have to disagree.
Kids shows, and restaurants are two totally different scenarios.
While it certainly helps, (actually it should be mandatory) that you have experience performing for strangers in such situations, it is totaly different than restaurants.

On the same note, if you have experience performing for real world people, and can actually entertain them, then you shouldn`t have too much trouble making the transition to a restaurant performer.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » 1st audition--thanks to all of you (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL