We Remember The Magic Caf We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » 1st audition--thanks to all of you (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
Quote:
On 2007-08-07 22:00, MagicSanta wrote:
You know, I'm starting to think everyone in Nova Scotia does magic...seems to be packs of 'em there.

Ya, there are a few Haligonians on the Café.

Why, do you know any Nova Scotian magicians?
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Just one pirate but I see a lot of names with Nova Scotia attached.
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
Ah yes, the good ole SeaDawg!
How do you know him, just from the Café?
patrick flanagan
View Profile
Inner circle
lisle, illinois
1045 Posts

Profile of patrick flanagan
Cory,
Kids at a kid show are not real world people? And what about the adults that are always at the kid shows? Are they aliens, also. Just kidding, Cory, I think I know what you meant. Of course, it should have gone without saying that the venue is quite different, however, I believe it is much more difficult to successfully entertain a room full of kids, while satisfying their parents concerns, than it is to work tables at a restaurant. That was my point which I obviously didn't make clear, sorry. Someone will certainly disagree with me, but that's fine.
Patrick
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I know the dawg from here and there...
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
Patrick, that's what I meant by my last sentance. If you have experience performing for real world people, (like kids and adults at a birthday party) then it makes the transition into a restaurant that much easier.

Of course the kids and adults are real world people. (However sometimes I do wonder if some of the adults are aliens... Smile )

But you usually don't get drunk people at birthday parties.(Depending on the age of course.) Also, you are not nearly as close to the audience in a birthday party as your are in a restaurant.

And you don't usually have 30-40 people surrounding you, pretty much giving you the biggest group hug in the world while you are trying to perform at a birthday party. (Although it can happen!)

Another big point is that at a birthday party, they are all there to see YOU. They are not distracted by food, atmosphere, etc like in a restaurant.

That's what I meant. There are just many differences between a birthday party, and a restaurant.

However I would have to agree with you. While there are many differences between a birthday party and a restaurant, I find birthday parties are *ON AVERAGE* more challenging.
patrick flanagan
View Profile
Inner circle
lisle, illinois
1045 Posts

Profile of patrick flanagan
Cory,
Everything you said was true, especially the part where you agreed with ME...hahaha.
I'm, personally, trying to distance myself from kid shows. I do really enjoy performing for kids, and it actually is more rewarding personally when they talk with me after the show. But, kids today aren't the same as 10-15 years ago. They are much more jaded. I've had shows where the party is going on, I'm setting up, people all over the place having a good time, and the b-day kid is planted in front of his computer playing a video game. Kids are much more brazen now, also. If I were to talk to adults the way I see some of these kids talking, I wouldn't have made it to 12.
Sorry for getting off topic.
patrick
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
Ya, I agree with you there too.
My brothers have one friend in particular that really doesn't have any manners.

They have had him over about 4 or 5 times this summer, and he has never once invited them to his house.

Also, all he ever does when he comes here is spend literally HOURS on the computer all by himself. We could all be outside having fun, and he's in here playing all by himself.

And when he gets hungry he simply invites himself in the fridge, and takes whatever he feels like.

It was getting to the point that we had to set some rules because he was actually eating a large portion of our groceries.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » 1st audition--thanks to all of you (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL