The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Making steel coins (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Lithingorf
View Profile
New user
Vilnius, Lithuania
56 Posts

Profile of Lithingorf
Hellow to all!!!

I brought The Raven year ago, but there is one big problem with it. As you know it works only with objects which can be attracted with magnet, in other words with steel objects. Many magic dealers offer US steel core dollars or pounds but there are a lot of other less known currency and get such steel core coins is impossible. A resort - to make one yourself, but how to do that? Any ideas?

I made coin shell which is from steel. I bored metal box from steel and glued very thin grinded coin to it. It doesn't look perfect but it works (and with Revan too). Any more ideas?
david walsh
View Profile
Regular user
Bonnie Scotland
183 Posts

Profile of david walsh
The frist part of this post is assuming you have a lathe or milling machine, the second part is assuming you have lesser machining equipment (a drill and grinder).

Instead of making a shell from a piece of steel make one from whatever coin you require to use, also make a thin disk like you done for the top of your shell from another coin, this time the disk is for the bottom and is to close the shell off. a disk is also made from steel, this fits perfectly inside the hollow coin you have made and is bonded together with what ever method you are capable of.

Part 2

Drill a hole in the middle of a coin, grind both faces flat. Make two thin disks as you done before (head/tail) and bond these to either side, don't forget to put a piece of steel in the hole first.

It may be needles to say, but instesd of putting steel in the middle you could put a magnet.
David.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Making steel coins (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL