The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » An idea for a new forum (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
The magic asylum...

psychiatrists helping magicians

or magicians helping psychiatrists?
bear trees
View Profile
Loyal user
uk
263 Posts

Profile of bear trees
You would need a lot of patience to set it up.
nucinud
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1298 Posts

Profile of nucinud
I like turtles.
"We are what we pretend to be" Kurt Vonnegut, jr.

Now U C It Now U Don't

Harry Mandel

www.mandelmagic.com
coupcoupdaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
2466 Posts

Profile of coupcoupdaddy
Shooka Shooka

And a healthy Crazy Persons Use Tax
foreign correspondent, z and lt

inner being worker
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
That is a crazy idea.

Nuts, nuts I tell you!

Dr. Tar & Professor Feather
icantlogoff
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of icantlogoff
Please place all suggestions in the suggestion Box at the rear of the room above the open fire.

Thank you for your co-operation.
res re prognatus est a spiritus of vegetus aer
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
How many lightbulbs does it take to change a mentalist...?
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Depends
Corona Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Airstrip One
1689 Posts

Profile of Corona Smith
You are all now released from my psychic influence and can return to your daily duties.

Corona
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2086 Posts

Profile of gabelson
How about a forum (more like a 12-step program) for people addicted to mentalism:

"MA"- Mentalists Anonymous (Not to be confused with the other "MA"- Marijuana Anonymous)

"Hi, my name is Gabelson, and it's been 3 weeks since I did my last center tear." (HUGE APPLAUSE)

"When I was about 13, I saw Doug Henning on Broadway, and that's when I bought my first trick. After that, I couldn't stop. And the sponge balls were just a gateway to more serious stuff-- like cold reading and hypnosis. I couldn't stop-- I let it interfere with my work, lost jobs because of it, and destroyed relationships because of my obsession. My whole world centered around mentalism and magic-- others who were addicted to magic were the only friends I had, too. I isolated and shut myself off from everyone in the outside world. I tried to stop many times- I said, "One more trick, and that's it." But I couldn't do it myself. I had to admit I was powerless...I became estranged from my wife and family. Every free second, I would sneak onto the Magic Café and get what I needed... it relaxed me, and allowed me to escape from reality. Sometimes my wife would catch me in the act, and say, "That green page again?! You can't stop, can you?"

That's pretty much my story, guys. Sound familiar?

The M.A. forum. For those like myself, who must take it one effect at a time.
John Nesbit
View Profile
Inner circle
United States
1420 Posts

Profile of John Nesbit
How about a "13 Steps (from mentalism)" Program/Forum.

Disclaimer: I realize that I am helpless to quit (performing) without the help of my Higher Power. (Which is how I perform most of my effects anyway). And that just for Today, I will not take a "peek" at anything.
DT3
View Profile
Inner circle
Hill Valley
1918 Posts

Profile of DT3
Quote:
On 2007-08-08 15:37, gabelson wrote:
How about a forum (more like a 12-step program) for people addicted to mentalism:

"MA"- Mentalists Anonymous (Not to be confused with the other "MA"- Marijuana Anonymous)

"Hi, my name is Gabelson, and it's been 3 weeks since I did my last center tear." (HUGE APPLAUSE)

"When I was about 13, I saw Doug Henning on Broadway, and that's when I bought my first trick. After that, I couldn't stop. And the sponge balls were just a gateway to more serious stuff-- like cold reading and hypnosis. I couldn't stop-- I let it interfere with my work, lost jobs because of it, and destroyed relationships because of my obsession. My whole world centered around mentalism and magic-- others who were addicted to magic were the only friends I had, too. I isolated and shut myself off from everyone in the outside world. I tried to stop many times- I said, "One more trick, and that's it." But I couldn't do it myself. I had to admit I was powerless...I became estranged from my wife and family. Every free second, I would sneak onto the Magic Café and get what I needed... it relaxed me, and allowed me to escape from reality. Sometimes my wife would catch me in the act, and say, "That green page again?! You can't stop, can you?"

That's pretty much my story, guys. Sound familiar?

The M.A. forum. For those like myself, who must take it one effect at a time.

Sublime, G-son. That's that switch you can't turn off again, isn't it?
thiago
View Profile
Regular user
Brazil
179 Posts

Profile of thiago
I shurely need this one.
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2086 Posts

Profile of gabelson
Thanks again, Don Theo. They don't give these jobs to chimps, you know.

I have a confession to make. I went out. I admit, I'm powerless. I was in a diner tonight with really cheap silverware, and I bent a spoon. And I had 89 days clean! -I was one day away from getting a Porper folding chip.
coupcoupdaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
2466 Posts

Profile of coupcoupdaddy
Even the town marshall has no control over tomorrow.

inner being worker
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2086 Posts

Profile of gabelson
So I called my sponsor tonight just as I was about to pick up a deck. He told me "You did the right thing by calling me before you picked up. Remember- yesterday's history, tomorrow's a mystery. Today is a gift-- that's why they call it "the present". I had no idea what the **** he was talking about, so I hung up and practiced my false shuffle.
coupcoupdaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
2466 Posts

Profile of coupcoupdaddy
Bless your heart.

inner being worker
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
The law firm of Dewey, Cheatem, and How told me not to sign, or answer anything.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On 2007-08-08 13:51, Tony Iacoviello wrote:
Depends

Don't use them.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
coupcoupdaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
2466 Posts

Profile of coupcoupdaddy
For.

inner being worker
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » An idea for a new forum (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL