We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Indecent (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tnscot
View Profile
Loyal user
220 Posts

Profile of tnscot
Watched a kid performing Indecent last night. His mechanics are pretty decent. But he had a lot of trouble getting it to work every time. the first couple of times, the bag came up empty. I've personally never tried it, although I know it. Does anyone else have a problem with consistency in this effect?
As Always,
Scot Legdermain
Koolmagic114
View Profile
Loyal user
204 Posts

Profile of Koolmagic114
Hey Scot,

Indecent is a great effect. I am nto sure why the kid was not getting it to work 100% of the time. I amnto sure if you know the method or secret..so I am going to try to answer you at this point without tipping too much in respect for Mr. Houchin.

When I was playing with this at first myself.. It could be he was lifting the bag away from the cards maybe too sharply or at a bad angle.. Or it could of been that he was hitting the card(s) as he lifted the bag.

Once I got the the effect practiced I have yet to have a problem. If I can help youin any other way..please feel free to PM.
Eddy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Co-Creator of "TAGZ" / "Iced Over" / " TelePad" / "Penigma"
www.magicianslair.com
tnscot
View Profile
Loyal user
220 Posts

Profile of tnscot
I know it. I just don't perform it, so I don't feel qualified to advise him on it. But I generally offer what advice to him I can. So I am hoping to solicit the advice of those who do, and I can pass it on.
As Always,
Scot Legdermain
afillius
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of afillius
My advice is that if he can't make it work 100% of the time then he needs to practice more before performing it. It's not too hard but it does take practice
www.stsgroupinc.com
pro audio/video/lighting

Great magic is about creating great images - Jay Sankey
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3370 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
Never had any problem . . . stopped performing it though . . .
Cards never lie
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Indecent (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL