The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Best coin routines (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
CFWM is a great trick. I only did it when I had a long table though. I didn't really do it as much as I thought I would in the restaurant.
magic_man_jim
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of magic_man_jim
Silver dream by justin miller is a good routine that can be done in the hands.

also coins across (greg wilson, on the spot version) or (jay sankey version on very best of jay sankey v3 mr clean coins across)
Magic is not to fool...but allows you to believe!

Jim Boothe
www.jimboothemagic.com
jim@jimboothemagic.com
closeupcardician
View Profile
Special user
Justin Teeman Moore, OK
602 Posts

Profile of closeupcardician
How could I forget to mention Eric Jone's "Oxy-Clean" Coin Routine
"Magic as art cannot live without love. Love of some kind. There are novels without love, other arts without love. But there can be no magic without love." - Rodney Reyes
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
I love coins through the table, elbow knee and neck, and jim paces "free flight"-esq routine. I can't remember the name of that trick for the life of me but I use it ALL of the time and I use a cocktail napkin as a place to place the card down. Basically a card is chosen, the magi tries to find it but finds the wrong card, three coins appear, vanish, then are found under the wrong card one at a time. In the end the wrong card becomes the selection. It's a GREAT trick for every event where you have a table available.
closeupcardician
View Profile
Special user
Justin Teeman Moore, OK
602 Posts

Another Great routine to look into is Jim Pace's "Punishment" from his "A" Material Book. Paul Cummins has brilliant stuff on his "Up in Smoke" DVD as Well.
"Magic as art cannot live without love. Love of some kind. There are novels without love, other arts without love. But there can be no magic without love." - Rodney Reyes
closeupcardician
View Profile
Special user
Justin Teeman Moore, OK
602 Posts

Yet another great one to look into is "Sharper Image" By: Justin Hanes from his Mystery Engineering notes. It is a three coin, one at a time transformation, done completely in the hands at the fingertips. It can be used it one on one and for audiences as large as 100. The visual changes of the coins are what make this routine so fun and everything can be examined at the end. A nice prelude to this routine would be "Stiff Trigger" Also published by Justin Hanes in his "Golden Verses" Notes.

*Note As you can probably infer from my user name I am not now nor will I likely ever be a "Coin Guy" But I do enjoy seeing fine coin work and Mr. Hanes does some of the best.
Bill Citino
View Profile
Special user
Doylestown, PA
838 Posts

Profile of Bill Citino
Yo Bry,
I think the routine you're refering to is "Three Coin Surprise"? Don't have my copy of 'A' Material with me but I'm pretty sure that's the one. "Punishment" is also another great effect.

-Bill
CitinoMAGIC - New Site now LIVE!
earlmat
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of earlmat
There are three coin routines that I have done in a restuarant setting with much success. (1) Hopping Halves; (2) Coins across in a spectator's hand; and (3) Three fly.

Earl
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Cigarette/dollar/pen thru half dollar, Magnetic Silver Copper and Lethal Tender.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
At times I use my custom table to do certain tricks like coin matrix.

Click here to view attached image.
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
I think that Matrix works in restaurants depending on your style? If you play out of your pockets, then no...it won't work. However, I (like Dynamike) use my own table 99.9% of the time.

I have a very light weight table and my briefcase sits on top of that. My close up mat is attached to the top of my briefcase so it won't fall off everytime I open it. So for every table I play...I always hae a surface!

So for me...Matrix and Coins across stuff works very well...b/c I have a table with me that I perform on.
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
That's awesome Mike. I wish that I had the room to carry around a table like that in the restaurants that I worked at. Unfortunately most of the tables were in very close proximity to each other. I would DEFINITELY use that for many walkaround gigs though. How difficult was it to make?
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Thanks. But I did not make it. I did think of the idea. Inside the back it is open for carrying a lot of close-up props. It even has sections for holding several decks of cards. My friend who made it for me is also a magician. His wife did the sewing.
Don Wilson
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of Don Wilson
For closeup and walkaround, one of my favorites is COPPER-SILVER TRANSPO, by Francis Carlyle book, the Magic of FC. It doesn't use a C/S coin, but regular coins, unless you use one of the Jumbo Penny's as the copper coin. It happens in the spectators hands, and you tell them ahead of time you are going to steal the coin from their hand. They watch you like a hawk, and yet it happens, leaving them astounded! You can use a 50 cent piece and an English Penney, or a silver dollar, and a jumbo penney for a great effect.
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
I do Matrix and other stuff, too, using my Table Hopper's Friend. You can see photos and a description at my website (see my signature line) on the "Other Items" page. You can read some reviews of it here:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......m=113#15
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Best coin routines (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL