The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Keeping a Secret - The Importance of (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Carlos the Great
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1234 Posts

Profile of Carlos the Great
That is a good personal stance to take, BestPest.

However, how do you reconcile that type of thinking with DannyDoyle's post above it? Things that make you go hmmmm....
Cognite tute
rbattle
View Profile
Loyal user
266 Posts

Profile of rbattle
It is amazing what a simple method can have on a spectator. I work in a hospital and often do a little something for those around me. One particular nurse was amazed by a magic trick which I wound up repeating numerous times over a 10 year period. This was driving her nuts. She attempted to duplicate it many times and failed. Finally after multiple "performances" she realized the method. "It was so simple". Over the years I have done other things but nothing impacted her like this one trick. By the way she has never told anyone the hard won secret.

Robert
BestPest
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of BestPest
Yeah it is a "hhhhmmmmm" thing. I find though, before I did little packet tricks for myself, I found it quite easy to blab my big fat mouth off when I knew a secret. If you feel a bit more in an exclusive club you become precious about the secrets. If you show an interest in it, and you learn something that isn't just a self working trick you are more inclined to keep it a secret. I for one don't want my friends to know that the awesome thing I just showed them is the most simple readily available trick.

Unless you you've taken some time to learn something hard, I don't think you are definately going to keep it to yourself.

Salsa dancer got me interested in magic, and he taught me pretty much most of the things I can do. We even have a code, and I wouldn't dream of telling anyone what it is.. for one, It's his and not my place to talk about it.
Carlos the Great
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1234 Posts

Profile of Carlos the Great
Ok, rbattle, what kind of trick was it? No methods or anything but you have gotten my curiosity up, lol
Cognite tute
BestPest
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of BestPest
And I bet she's told someone how to do it. Even if it was on their death bed.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Keeping a Secret - The Importance of (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL