The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » On Mephisto's Shoulder (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Paul Brook
View Profile
Special user
UK
667 Posts

Profile of Paul Brook
Alexandre,

Ahh, finally, a reason for the green colour scheme Smile

Thank you for your input and advice on this matter, I didn't see your previous post, otherwise I would have said thank you then.

I will set my alarm 5 minutes earlier, just to get at least a comment in a day; now that's dedication for you Smile

Kindest,

-Paul
PAUL BROOK

He Knows Shop - All of my mentalism books, PDFs and props Smile

Certified Mentalism A beautifully illustrated hardback book full of real world mentalism Smile

FREE MENTALISM Free hard-hitting effects, routines and methods, just a click away Smile
Arnon
View Profile
Inner circle
1320 Posts

Profile of Arnon
Paul:

I note (pun intended) that you offer your manuscript "On Mephisto's Shoulder" ("OMS") for sale to "Non-UK buyers" also.

1) Can this effect be done with U.S. dollar bills?
2) Do you agree that, pursuant to California Commercial Code Section 1301 and its various State counterparts, the provisions of the Uniform Commercial Code adopted by the individual States of the United States, will protect U.S. buyers who purchase OMS?
3) If so, then are you agreeing to promptly refund the purchase price and return shipping costs to a U.S. buyer, if the effect cannot be performed exactly as portrayed by your demo video clip or the advertising representations promoting it?

Arnon

P.S. If any member of the Café is part of the small minority who think that I am being "officious" here or a "stereotypical lawyer" that you enjoy bad-mouthing, I suggest you consider that I post this in the interest of protecting all of us if this effect is being falsely hyped, and that YOU will benefit from this also, being the prejudiced, selfish and narrow-minded types that you are, and you know who you are.
Mariagi
View Profile
Special user
MIND, MYTH & MAGICK
654 Posts

Profile of Mariagi
Arnon in this case youre not nitpicking at all: in cases like this one when things seem TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE usually they are
I would be interested in knowing if all this is true or misleading. no touch,no peek, you don't need to see their note, no switch,no preshow....... too much
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Arnon:

I would have phrased it differently:

"Can it be done with US currency as shown in the video; and if not, can it be returned?"

It essentially asks the same thing without possibly being misinterpreted as far as intent of attitude.

It is a very good question, and one that should be asked. Thank you.

Tony
Arnon
View Profile
Inner circle
1320 Posts

Profile of Arnon
Quote:
On 2007-08-06 12:55, Tony Iacoviello wrote:
Quote:
BRAVO - except for the last sentence. Mentalists in general are not the problem - just crassly commercial, self-promoting, unethical, self-delusional, dishonestly deceptive ones claiming to be the "real deal" are, no matter whether they call themselves psychics, paranormalists, intuitionists,… or mentalists.

or lawyers. Smile

To then suggest to me how to phrase something "better" adds chutzpah to my list of adjectives for you, and I doubt that you're Jewish. Smile

I also doubt whether you appreciate the implications of an "agreement by a party" pursuant to U.C.C. 1301(a).

P.S. Mariagi, to me, if the video and advertising claims are all true, then IT MUST BE MAGIC.

The proverbial ball is now in Paul Brook's court.
Paul Brook
View Profile
Special user
UK
667 Posts

Profile of Paul Brook
Hey guys,

This effect can be reproduced with any world currecny that contains a serial number.

All of the bullet points mentioned are true and non-hyped. Phill Smith is aware of the technique used and can vouch for these bullet points; as can James Brown.

The video is also a genuine representation of the effect on offerint he manuscript.

I do realise that this effect seems very clean, but to be honest, it is because it really is.

I understand that you are only trying to protect yourself, so I am not offended in any way. Feel free to ask me any questions that you may have, obviously I will not give away the methodology, but questions about the effect are more than welcome.

With kind regards,

-Paul

P.S. It isn't REAL magic, just outside of the box thinking.
PAUL BROOK

Certified Mentalism A beautifully illustrated hardback book full of real world mentalism Smile

FREE MENTALISM Free hard-hitting effects, routines and methods, just a click away Smile
Energizer
View Profile
Special user
A well known funeral palour
610 Posts

Profile of Energizer
So may I please ask - is that serial, killer effect 'one-on-one'? No third person involved?

Could I fry my girlfriend with it?

Could I fry my magic teacher with it?

Thanks Paul.
"We judge a book by its cover and read what we want between selected lines" - W. Axl Rose, circa 1992.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Quote:
To then suggest to me how to phrase something "better" adds chutzpah to my list of adjectives for you, and I doubt that you're Jewish.

From Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade: "But in the Latin alphabet, "Jehovah" begins with an "I"."

Don't know about that. Look at my last name, it could be interpreted as "little Jacob" so who knows where my ancestors were from during the Roman Empire. Smile
Paul Brook
View Profile
Special user
UK
667 Posts

Profile of Paul Brook
Hi Olly,

There is a choice that you can make as to the number of people involved but yes it can be used as one-on-one effect, yes.

I would like to say more about this, but I do not feel that I can do so without hinting at the methodology.

The short answer is that, yes, it is possible to 'fry' (not literally for you legal guys, especially with those accident claims Smile ) your girlfriend and magic teacher.

I hope that this was of some help.

Kindest,

-Paul
PAUL BROOK

Energizer
View Profile
Special user
610 Posts

Profile of Energizer
Thanks Paul.

To be more precise I was asking - there's not third person involved in the method is there - for example, a helpful shopkeeper? But I think you've answered my question ...
"We judge a book by its cover and read what we want between selected lines" - W. Axl Rose, circa 1992.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Quote:
On 2007-08-12 16:17, arnon wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-08-06 12:55, Tony Iacoviello wrote:
Quote:
BRAVO - except for the last sentence. Mentalists in general are not the problem - just crassly commercial, self-promoting, unethical, self-delusional, dishonestly deceptive ones claiming to be the "real deal" are, no matter whether they call themselves psychics, paranormalists, intuitionists,… or mentalists.

or lawyers. Smile

To then suggest to me how to phrase something "better" adds chutzpah to my list of adjectives for you, and I doubt that you're Jewish. Smile

I also doubt whether you appreciate the implications of an "agreement by a party" pursuant to U.C.C. 1301(a).

P.S. Mariagi, to me, if the video and advertising claims are all true, then IT MUST BE MAGIC.

The proverbial ball is now in Paul Brook's court.

Arnon, just for you. http://www.law.com/jsp/article.jsp?id=1087242910545

Paul, that sounds very good.

Tony
Malchat
View Profile
Special user
The Kingdom of Croiset and Wonder
885 Posts

Profile of Malchat
Quote:
On 2007-08-12 17:01, Olly Crofton wrote:
Could I fry my girlfriend with it?

Could I fry my magic teacher with it?

No offense, but if you cannot already perform this exact effect with the people close to you, you're not thinking hard enough. Be devious. Smile
“You are what you pretend to be.”
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
Is this a one person effect (not the amount performed to, but involved in the methodology)
Paul Brook
View Profile
Special user
UK
667 Posts

Profile of Paul Brook
It can be, if you so desire.

-Paul
PAUL BROOK

Energizer
View Profile
Special user
610 Posts

Profile of Energizer
Malchat - I take that as a personal insult! And yes, that IS a joke, btw (still can't get these sodding emoticons working).

Of course this effect could be done on people close to me. But I was hoping that I wouldn't have to be that devious!

Specifically I was thinking of catching those close to me as they returned from a cash machine.
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
I ordered this the other day, looking forward to seeing your style of material.
Hoff Man
View Profile
Loyal user
Ohio
258 Posts

Profile of Hoff Man
Paul,

I really enjoyed the serial number video. Left me wondering. Good job.
Good luck with "On Mephisto's Shoulder".

By the way, are you and Tony Eye somehow related?
You guys share an uncanny resemblance.
Fess up Tony.

Steve
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

No, he has much more hair than eye. Smile
Arnon
View Profile
Inner circle
1320 Posts

Profile of Arnon
Quote:
On 2007-08-12 15:33, arnon wrote:
Paul:

I note (pun intended) that you offer your manuscript "On Mephisto's Shoulder" ("OMS") for sale to "Non-UK buyers" also.

1) Can this effect be done with U.S. dollar bills?
2) Do you agree that, pursuant to California Commercial Code Section 1301 and its various State counterparts, the provisions of the Uniform Commercial Code adopted by the individual States of the United States, will protect U.S. buyers who purchase OMS?
3) If so, then are you agreeing to promptly refund the purchase price and return shipping costs to a U.S. buyer, if the effect cannot be performed exactly as portrayed by your demo video clip or the advertising representations promoting it?

Arnon

Quote:
On 2007-08-12 16:58, Paul Brook wrote:
Hey guys,

This effect can be reproduced with any world currecny that contains a serial number.

All of the bullet points mentioned are true and non-hyped. Phill Smith is aware of the technique used and can vouch for these bullet points; as can James Brown.

The video is also a genuine representation of the effect on offerint he manuscript.

I do realise that this effect seems very clean, but to be honest, it is because it really is.

I understand that you are only trying to protect yourself, so I am not offended in any way. Feel free to ask me any questions that you may have, obviously I will not give away the methodology, but questions about the effect are more than welcome.

With kind regards,

-Paul

P.S. It isn't REAL magic, just outside of the box thinking.

Paul:

Last question from me: Should I then infer from your quoted post that your answers to my three questions are all "Yes"?

Thanks for agreeing to answer our questions.
:D
Arnon
Carlos the Great
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1234 Posts

Profile of Carlos the Great
I think your approach is a sound one, arnon. Wait for a review from somebody. I personally usually wait for a review from somebody I know and respect, so I am there with you.

-C
Cognite tute
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » On Mephisto's Shoulder (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL