The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » On Mephisto's Shoulder (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Paul Brook
View Profile
Special user
UK
887 Posts

Profile of Paul Brook
Hi Arnon,

It is a pleasure to 'field' these questions, I want people to be happy Smile

I wasn't familiar with the specific legalities involved, since I am not a lawyer nor from California Smile However, I would hate for anyone to feel that I had done them wrong with any of my products. So, the legalities mean little to me, it is just what you do when you are a good human being (oh s*it I sound new age Smile).

I try my best with all of my products to reduce hyperbole. Firstly, my products are reviewed by the GoMagicGo guys and they always rip into any hyperbole and condem the product. Secondly, I have been there myself and bought some hyped up products, only to be weeping upon their arrival; I would hate anyone to feel that way about something I put my name to.

The best advice that I can offer (as has Carlos) is to wait for some reviews to appear and read them. I have sold nearly 130 OMS manuscripts in the past few days, so I should imagine that there will be some reviews within the next few weeks.

Again, thank you for the questions, if you have any more then please feel free to ask them.

Kindest,

-Paul
PAUL BROOK

He Knows Shop - All of my mentalism books, PDFs and props Smile

Certified Mentalism A beautifully illustrated hardback book full of real world mentalism Smile

FREE MENTALISM Free hard-hitting effects, routines and methods, just a click away Smile

MAGIC TV INTERVIEW An deep dive interview with Craig Petty, nothing held back! Smile
Arnon
View Profile
Inner circle
1320 Posts

Profile of Arnon
The question:

MINDREADING MIRACLE for A MEASLY $60 with FREE Postage and Packaging

OR

DEVIOUS BUT IMPRACTICAL METHOD for a WHOPPING $60, that replicates the demo video and also satisfies all claims, e.g. a pickpocket inserts your dollar bill into an unsuspecting spec's wallet?
Bushido
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of Bushido
I did order this and am waiting for the arrival. The main reason I purchased this was for the serial number effect. I am not looking for something amazing, just practical.

At first I was hesitant as I thought the same thing Arnon just wrote, but I said to myself – There is no way anyone would publish that, NO WAY.

I did send a few emails to Paul and he was extremely helpful with his replies. I can not yet rate his product but I will defiantly give my opinion as soon as possible.
Paul Brook
View Profile
Special user
UK
887 Posts

Profile of Paul Brook
Quote:
On 2007-08-14 15:38, arnon wrote:
The question:

MINDREADING MIRACLE for A MEASLY $60 with FREE Postage and Packaging

OR

DEVIOUS BUT IMPRACTICAL METHOD for a WHOPPING $60, that replicates the demo video and also satisfies all claims, e.g. a pickpocket inserts your dollar bill into an unsuspecting spec's wallet?

Yay, more questions Smile

1) If $60 is too little, you can feel free to pay me more Smile

2) The method IS very practical and workable.

3) New bullet point criteria: *No pickpockets Smile

Oh and also, there are other effects in the manuscript, not just 'Serial, Killer!' Smile

Cheers Arnon, you always put a smile on my face Smile

All the best,

-Paul

P.S. I hope that you never buy this as I am having good fun with the banter Smile
PAUL BROOK

Certified Mentalism A beautifully illustrated hardback book full of real world mentalism Smile

FREE MENTALISM Free hard-hitting effects, routines and methods, just a click away Smile

MAGIC TV INTERVIEW An deep dive interview with Craig Petty, nothing held back! Smile
Arnon
View Profile
Inner circle
1320 Posts

Profile of Arnon
Paul:

My last question was actually rhetorical - I can't ask any more questions without appearing to fish for the method, and the way I posed "the question" was ala Shakespeare's "To be or not to be." Had I posed it in a less extreme manner, I would have tipped my method publicly, and perhaps part or all of your method too.

Since I have my own method worked out, I will PM you instead, to make sure mine is different from yours. If it is different, I may end up selling mine if it has any substantial advantages over yours. If not, I will be delighted to purchase yours.

I will await your reply to my PM.

Thanks,
Arnon
phillsmiff
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1798 Posts

Profile of phillsmiff
I haven't read this manuscript or Paul's handling of Serial Killer as he has written it up but we have had a number of conversations on the concepts underpinning the effect. Paul's method is fiendishly devious and, as far as I know, unique. I don't know all the details of how Paul handles the effect in his live shows, but from what I do know, the spectators don't stand a chance. They would have to be genuinely psychic to backward engineer this effect, it subverts everything that I, at least, would expect to be necessary to enact the effect.

It isn't something you can do at the drop of a hat, but nor is it particularly complicated to do, and the business end is IDENTICAL to what it would look like if it was real.

Phill
The new Elysian Duets, marked cards featuring my unique Optical Marking System:
-+: https://phillsmithcreative.com/products/elysian-duets :+-
Paul Brook
View Profile
Special user
UK
887 Posts

Profile of Paul Brook
Quote:
On 2007-08-15 06:09, arnon wrote:
Paul:

My last question was actually rhetorical - I can't ask any more questions without appearing to fish for the method, and the way I posed "the question" was ala Shakespeare's "To be or not to be." Had I posed it in a less extreme manner, I would have tipped my method publicly, and perhaps part or all of your method too.

Since I have my own method worked out, I will PM you instead, to make sure mine is different from yours. If it is different, I may end up selling mine if it has any substantial advantages over yours. If not, I will be delighted to purchase yours.

I will await your reply to my PM.

Thanks,
Arnon

Wait no longer, PM is sent.

I don't think that you are 'fishing' and I understood that your question was rhetorical in nature.

However, in the interest of MWGSOH (that is, Mentalists With a Good Sense of Humour), I decided to post a response Smile

Please, someone tell me, for the sake of my sanity that "new bullet point: no pickpockets" was self-evidently a joke?

Also, I would like to point out that even if the methodology were somehow similar, it is the psychology and nuances of an effect that is of the greatest value. With all of my manuscripts I apply my long standing knowledge of human psychology to the effects. That, for me, is what you are paying for more than just the method.

Many thanks, and don't forget to smile Smile

Take it easy,

-Paul
PAUL BROOK

Paul Brook
View Profile
Special user
UK
887 Posts

Profile of Paul Brook
Quote:
On 2007-08-15 06:36, phillsmiff wrote:
I haven't read this manuscript or Paul's handling of Serial Killer as he has written it up but we have had a number of conversations on the concepts underpinning the effect. Paul's method is fiendishly devious and, as far as I know, unique. I don't know all the details of how Paul handles the effect in his live shows, but from what I do know, the spectators don't stand a chance. They would have to be genuinely psychic to backward engineer this effect, it subverts everything that I, at least, would expect to be necessary to enact the effect.

It isn't something you can do at the drop of a hat, but nor is it particularly complicated to do, and the business end is IDENTICAL to what it would look like if it was real.

Phill

Thanks for chiming in Phill Smile

Greatly appreciated as always,

-Paul
PAUL BROOK

Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
I got the chance to have a go at the Serial Killer effect today and it was great. I performed it for a group of ladies in a Café and it was sooo fun to perfrom. It's easily the most funnest serial number divination ive used, and where it looks so clean it really does come across as the real thing.
As I was revealing it I could hear the chatter from them, they were looking for cameras, helpers, mirrors and all sorts. Obviously they couldn't come to how I did this and were one minute histerical and the next just silent lol.
As they were reacting and talking about what had just happened, I noticed a slip of paper in one of there bads which read Something along the lines of- Hair appointment 2.45 mon Daphnies. I had a lil chat with them then as I was getting up to leave I put my hand on this ladies shoulder and said- Oh, don't' forget about monday... She was like- Whats happening monday? I said- Forgotten already... I wrote something down on a napkin and left in on the table and walked away. I didn't saty to see what happened, but I thought it was a good opportunity so took it.
Anyway, the Serial Killer effect was really good. I can see some being disappointed with the means to achieve this, but if you try it out you'll see why it's more than worth it.
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2508 Posts

Profile of Waters
Thanks Y2John for the post! Great story.

I am looking forward to my copy. The effects sound great. I have a few performances in a "Tavery" (tavern) at a local historic hotel (starting tonight). Maybe I could incorporate the Serial Killer for one of those.

Regards,
Sean
caycemindreader
View Profile
Regular user
UK
107 Posts

Profile of caycemindreader
Y2John, it is a practical method then? Did performing Serial Killer make peeking the bag possible or was that just a happy accident?

Cayce
marc_carrion
View Profile
Special user
638 Posts

Profile of marc_carrion
Y2John,

what do you mean by "I can see some being disappointed with the means to achieve this" . Does it mean that it may be impractical? or at least for some people. Or that is so easy that some people may be disappointed?

Thanks,
Marc

PS: If it is the latter, that does not dissapoint me, it makes me more happy!!!
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1401 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
A means to an end...obviously there is a method...you need to be in contact with the bill beforehand to know the serial bill number(obviously) so there are a number of ways to do this...

I bought the manuscript for the subtleties.I have not received the manuscript yet but sometimes I get the feeling that people are disappointed when they discover you don't actually read minds..that there is a trade off,a method is needed in order to accomplish the piece.I cant wait to read his subtle thoughts on this particular piece(even more so stage version) but as the man said himself there are other pieces in the manuscript.

I think feck all these questions and either buy it or just listen to the reviews..make an informed choice by the info given.Y2John seems happy and cheers to him for posting his story Smile

Pete
Paul Brook
View Profile
Special user
UK
887 Posts

Profile of Paul Brook
Y2John,

Thanks for sharing the story, I am glad that you gotten good use out of the effect so swiftly Smile What were your thoughts on the other parts of the manuscript?

As for the method, it really is practical, so I feel that it may be the ease with which it can be performed.

To those still waiting for the manuscript, a massive post was done today (try spending nearly an hour in the post office). So expect your copies very soon Smile Maybe something to brighten up your Monday Blues Smile

Kindest,

-Paul
PAUL BROOK

Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
The method is practical, but don't expect to just walk up to anybody on the spur of the moment and perform this. I am happy with the way it is though, and ad to that all the subtleties etc that accompanies all the routines and you have a miracle in the eyes of the spectators.
The other routines in the manuscript are also good, especially Dearly Departed which I can see being very impactful. I have not used that as of yet due to wanting to spend quite a bit more time on the material, but so far it's really good.

PS- Me seeing the note in the bag has nothing to do with the method.
mindgames
View Profile
Veteran user
389 Posts

Profile of mindgames
Is this came in pdf ebook also paul?
I READ MINDS.... YOURS TOO.
Paul Brook
View Profile
Special user
UK
887 Posts

Profile of Paul Brook
Hi Mindgames,

No, my products are always in pyshical format.

As of next month, they will also be softback books instead of clip-bound manuscripts.

Many Thanks,

-Paul
PAUL BROOK

mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Is this an impromtu effect?

the ~IBT is probavly one of the best effects of this kind Ive come across. Is this in the same catagory?
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Plus if the video is not an accurate representation of the effect it should be made clear if you need to get hold of the note.

My first thought was there may be a pattern of serial numbers that you can get by some gentle pumping. Much like Derrens 10p effect.

If that's not the case and you have to get hold of the notes before then the video is misleading and it should be stated.

That doesn't mean the effect isn't great but it does give people an idea what they are buying.
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
This is not impromptu, I'll pm you mindpunisher. I did say some work is required, and that along with it's simplicity may turn some off or cause disappointment.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » On Mephisto's Shoulder (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL