The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Learning Experience with 4th Dimensional Telepathy (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
RichardShure
View Profile
Veteran user
344 Posts

Profile of RichardShure
Bushido,
Thanks for sharing. I don't think we can ever be prepared for every possible thing that can happen. A few of us got to sit down with Mac King a while back and listen to him tell stories for about an hour. It was amazing. What stuck in my mind was his observations on audiences. He said the only thing that you can really say about them is that they are unpredictable.

He told us about one show a couple of years back where a spectator did something so crazy even he could not believe it. Something with his cards across routine. He said after that he realized you just can't be prepared for everything. It was a funny story but would take to long to write hear and I don't think it would come across as funny as he told it.

Richard S
R Gould
View Profile
Regular user
193 Posts

Profile of R Gould
Quote:
On 2007-08-12 05:29, Traveler wrote:
Fact is, that I absolutely agree with what Mesmer said.
It's just that - after reading some posts in here - I got fed up with answers like
- do your homework
- get a notebook
- practice until you are perfect.
All common sense, really. But too often it's said in a patronising way.
I thought Bushido was brave for posting his problems and generous by offering a solution he found.
When I read Mesmer's response it sounded to me like "if you had prepared better, you wouldn't have been in trouble". THAT sounded patronising.
I overread his later statement that "sometimes bad things happen to good performers", which put his advice in another daylight. After I read it, it was too late to edit my post.
So, perhaps I was overly sarcastic. I didn't want to bash, but by thinking I stood up agains bashing, I bashed.
If this makes sense... anyhow.

I think your response to mesmer was perfectly reasonable. I've noticed in my time here that the guy loves to give patronizing answers. "You do have a notebook, don't you?" Unbelievable. I don't come here to read this kind of garbage. If this place had a killfile, he'd be my first inclusion.
sychou
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of sychou
I would not return envelope to the audience,I think if I treat the envelope without any attention,the audience will not pay attention to envelope too.
Every mentalism effect which involve envelope I will treat them as nothing more
than to isolate billet,after revelation,I never give back envelope or let them exam,and in my experience,nobody asked to exam maybe because of my "nothing big deal" attitude toward envelope.
Or if you like,after you took all the billet out,you mix the envelopes then drop the envelopse asides,if they want to exam,there's nothing they could find.
lejon
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of lejon
You could also look into cumberland version: triple telepathy.
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5134 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Quote:
On 2010-09-06 10:58, lejon wrote:

Triple Telepathy isn't a creation from Annemann? from his One Man Act?
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
ROBERT BLAKE
View Profile
Inner circle
1472 Posts

Profile of ROBERT BLAKE
Question: why is it important to give back the SAME envelope?

For me the envelope is a container with information. once the information is out you can throw it away. so why give the envelope back?

sorry that this happend to you. I don't trust people. someone wants to test you to see that what you do is good or true. always let them stand up so you can see them.
RLFrame
View Profile
Elite user
447 Posts

Profile of RLFrame
How about retrieving the writing implement before you hand out the envelope as an extra precaution?
Steve Suss
View Profile
Inner circle
1193 Posts

Profile of Steve Suss
Quote:
On 2010-09-06 12:52, Amirá wrote:
Quote:

It's called Telepathy Plus from Annemann's Complete One Man Mental and Psychic Routine. According to Stuart Cumberland "it's perfect exactly how it is"

I won't get into a debate as to whether one is better than the other but from my experience Telepathy Plus is certainly a masterpiece.

Steve
alpha alex
View Profile
Special user
774 Posts

Profile of alpha alex
WHAT AN a******!!
some people just cant relax and enjoy the show

I'm glad you came out of it victorious
well done!!
lejon
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of lejon
Quote:
On 2010-09-06 12:52, Amirá wrote:
Quote:

it is, just slight modification from cumberland in his 2005 annemann act.

I prefer that version, but no particular reason other than "it feels better" to me. very personal.

but I think it should at least be studied.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Learning Experience with 4th Dimensional Telepathy (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL