The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Masked Magician (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Magic Patrick
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota
1591 Posts

Profile of Magic Patrick
All,

What ever happened to Valentino for exposing the tricks that he did? Was he held responsible for his actions legally? Did DC get involved and if so was he able to stop the bleeding? Just wondering.

Patrick
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
ZZZZZZZZZZ.... Old story.....LOL

In a nutshell. Valentino did nothing illegal only unethical so he was not legally held accountable. I think he did a pretty good job of ushering himself out of any respected magic community however.

DC did not get involved in the public mess as he didn't want his name to be used in Vals MM promotion campaign. Interesting enough... when Valentino did his Japan exposure shows with Princess Tenko he performed many of Copperfields effects including the lazer sawing ( the worst ... I mean WORST peformance of it ever done ) and several others. He exposed many illusions but did not expose any of the Copperfield illusions he performed. I found that interesting... it was like he was afraid to for some reason.

Vals terrible performance of the Laser Sawing was so bad that it completely exposed the method. Back then I had no idea how it worked until I saw that TERRIBLE performance of it.

Best,

Tim
reynold
View Profile
Elite user
Puerto Rico
490 Posts

Profile of reynold
Tim:
Princess Tenko was involved with the Masked Magician?
Please explain.

Reynold
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
She did two specials with Val a few years back in Japan. They each performed several illusions and then each exposed some effects.I have both on tape but currently can only find one of them. Most of Vals stuff was clips from his FOX shows but Tenko exposed a type of tip over trunk effect and a version of the giant 3 card monte illusion. ( I can't think of the name but its the one where a girl hides behind the giant cards placed on stools )

I've had ZERO interest in her since. There was no reason for it other than a few quick ratings. How ironic that she now wears a mask. LOL I hope she gets better but the mask thing is just too ironic.

Best,

Tim
reynold
View Profile
Elite user
Puerto Rico
490 Posts

Profile of reynold
I can't believe she put herself into that. I don't think many people here in the America knows about Princess Tenko exposing stuff.
What a shame!

Thanks,
Reynold
Laszlo Csizmadi
View Profile
Special user
From Hell
868 Posts

Profile of Laszlo Csizmadi
If I'm right Val went to Brazil, Japan and some countries in Europe. I have an original DVD either. It was never released or aired on Fox TV.

Las
asianmagic
View Profile
Regular user
Philadelphia
130 Posts

Profile of asianmagic
OMG, I'm super shocked that Princess Tenko would have gotten involved with Val. Really hard to beleive. I had always enjoyed her act and respected her as a performer.
darrylasher
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of darrylasher
Well if you're mad now, THIS will make your blood boil. Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6yMZSt8vYU

(The Masked Magician Returns.)
JoyJoy
View Profile
Special user
Germany
514 Posts

Profile of JoyJoy
Quote:
On 2007-08-12 14:57, Timothy Drake wrote:
Vals terrible performance of the Laser Sawing was so bad that it completely exposed the method. Back then I had no idea how it worked until I saw that TERRIBLE performance of it.

some secs of it are within this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnJudaZenI8
at 1:35 the intro
and at 2:10 a few shots of the performance...
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Thanks JoyJoy... and those are the best shots. They still look bad but you should see the whole thing. LOL

Best,

Tim
Jazz
View Profile
Veteran user
Mexico City
377 Posts

Profile of Jazz
Really pathetic
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Tenko has always been an exposer. Don't be so shocked.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Banester
View Profile
Special user
669 Posts

Profile of Banester
JoyJoy, thanks for the link. I can't decide which is worse, the laser illusion (OMG Tim you are correct about exposing it when he wasn't trying to) or the fact that he feels he is a celebrity in another country for exposing tricks. Obviously there is no guilt in that mans mind. It's sad that he is still making money off of it too.
The art of a magician is to create wonder.
If we live with a sense of wonder, our lives
become filled with joy
-Doug Henning-
Drew Manning
View Profile
Special user
Dallas, Texas
913 Posts

Profile of Drew Manning
Quote:
On 2007-08-12 21:10, darrylasher wrote:
Well if you're mad now, THIS will make your blood boil. Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6yMZSt8vYU

(The Masked Magician Returns.)

We need find this guy and lynch him Smile
I live my life for a layer of ice
Just like those poured by my bartender vice
Any taste of vermouth would be really sublime,
When you have a good martini time!

-The Reverend Horton Heat
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2007-08-13 02:50, Bill Palmer wrote:
Tenko has always been an exposer. Don't be so shocked.

Wow I am glad you wrote that prior to me LOL.

Funny what money will do to a person isn't it?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
MagicSA
View Profile
New user
South Africa
67 Posts

Profile of MagicSA
I also don't think what masked magician did was illegal. Definitely unethical though. Does anybody know what he is doing these days? I read somewhere he is planning another reveal show.
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2328 Posts

Profile of David Todd
Hasn't Val been very busy in his secret workshop for the last 15 years or so creating NEW illusions he talked about as his motivation for exposing all those tired, worn-out old tricks ? He was just trying to push magicians to abandon the past and come up with new tricks , right ?
MagicSA
View Profile
New user
South Africa
67 Posts

Profile of MagicSA
Ya right! I would have believed him if he introduced a new show with completely new routines and methods. I think he thought he was going to be the "people's hero", but that one didn't pay off!
yllawwally
View Profile
New user
Vegas
21 Posts

Profile of yllawwally
I always enjoyed those shows. Some of my kids enjoyed them as well. When they aired it was the only way you could get a glimpse of how it worked. I never felt it ruined the magic for myself. I tend to think youtube exposure today is worse than he was back then. You had to watch the show when it aired. Youtube you can just search it at anytime. It seemed that show first came on when magic was at a lull, at least on TV.
SilverMagician
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of SilverMagician
Interesting how your mindset changes... when I was barely getting into magic, I loved his videos as a kid. Now, I see what a terrible thing he was doing to the art.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Masked Magician (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL