The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Masked Magician (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
DanielSimu
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of DanielSimu
I definitely enjoy magic better because I can understand a lot of it. Here is how Valentino thinks about it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2zuxnEDyjM

Sounds reasonable to me...
Chezaday
View Profile
Inner circle
Naperville, IL
1670 Posts

Profile of Chezaday
He's an idiot ... disrespected our art and those who created the magic of yesteryear.

What comes around goes around ...

Steve
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9495 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
I am one of those people who owned 20 illusions from several thousand to maybe 12 (but I can't afford mega illusions)

Truth: People who suffered were the working magicians who did fundraisers, banquets and small amusement parks. Many went out of business.
Also hurt, were the smaller business builders of those props. Many of them are unemployed now.

People who gained were
A. People who couldn't afford to buy those illusions but felt they were entitled to their trade-secrets without paying.
B. Big time performers who own 20,30 thousand and 100 thousand dollar illusions who were thrilled that small time magicians were busted-out. Because now the public has to buy tickets for their shows. (And therefore a factor in the beginning of the downfall, of box shows).
C. The other people who gained were larger business illusion builders who make 20, 30 or 100 thousand dollar illusions. They couldn't be happier because all the small companies are gone. (IMO Val helped make reality magic popular... If you want to call it " reality" magic".

So (as posted above) where exactly are all those new wonderful spectacles that were supposed to be developed by Val?
Word has it that he did those shows, not for altruistic purposes.

A nice guy wouldn't put other people out of business, magician or other. (This is similar to the corporate raiders of the 70 coming in, destroying companies but personally earning good money. No, not illegal, just scummy.

A creep says "I'm glad a lot of business owners had to burn their equipment and start over with a new business plan"
A decent human being says "live and let live. I have no right to expose trade secrets and make life hard for others. Maybe I can invent new methods to do these old tricks but I'll keep it to myself"

These are just my opinions but, aren't they logical?
Paul Draper
View Profile
V.I.P.
Las Vegas, Nevada
246 Posts

Profile of Paul Draper
X Files Stars Mitch Pileggi and William B. Davis chat with Paul Draper about "The Masked Magician", "Skepticism", "Moon Landing Denial", "The Magic Castle" and more in front of an audience of 5,000 fans at Salt Lake Comic Con FanX. Watch him squirm.

https://youtu.be/4yekwfE-SHU
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Valentino can kiss my arse.
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Bamboozled
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of Bamboozled
I had someone ask me about the Masked Magician just the other day. Are they playing re-runs? It was a college student so perhaps they saw it on YouTube.
jeffl
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

Profile of jeffl
Yeah it's been showing up on the Spanish-language channels from time to time lately.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Masked Magician (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL