The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Info on illusion dealer (builder) from India? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Fabricem
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of Fabricem
Hi,
Somebody of you know some Indian's Illusions dealers?
I want find one cheaper sword suspension or somethings like this (any way some classic illusion) but cheaper! You know some links?
Thanks.
Matthew W
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2456 Posts

Profile of Matthew W
Eastern Shaman http://www.easternshaman.com/ may have what you need
-Matt
Fabricem
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of Fabricem
Thanks, but I want know some Indian builder not Indonesian, any way thanks.
Some Indians Illusion Buider? (cheaper price?)
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24264 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I have bought illusions made in many different countries. You must be very careful when buying cheap illusions. Sometimes they don't work.

When I was helping Kirby Van Burch put a show together, we got a Girl on Three Swords that was cheap. It would not support the weight of any of our dancers. We had to spend twice as much money rebuilding it as we did purchasing it.

So, if you can't afford to buy one that is built right, how can you afford the cost of rebuilding it?

You would be better off buying illusion plans and getting someone in your part of the world to build the illusion to your specifications.

Trust me on this.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
STEPHANE-ARNOW
View Profile
Regular user
FRANCE
136 Posts

Profile of STEPHANE-ARNOW
After testing some of props from India... Quality is horrible;
That is my experience. For a chair suspension. Eastern Sha. Is for dealer only
(quantity orders etc. ...) as Mak Magic, etc. ...

Maybe try Rangmagic, but not sure they have time to build something, and business unsure, you can have problems (again, my experience...).
Cheers.
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Fabrice I'll trust what Mr. Palmer has said. If you're doing three swords and a girl what happens if she falls on them get something that is decently made and by a decent builder. If you can't afford to buy one right now maybe some will rent it to you. Just my thoughts.
Fabricem
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of Fabricem
Yes, I know about the quality, but I need one illusion dealer/builder list (from India), because in the past I found one good builder on the Magic Café, and I remember he write somethings about one chair suspension, but now I don't remember the contact.
I want build some my ideas with my design, and Indian are cheaper for build.
Can you help me please? I need some links or contacts, thanks.
magicfreak_NV
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of magicfreak_NV
Quote:
On 2007-08-13 06:16, The Donster wrote:
F if your doing three swords and a girl what happens if she falls on them get something that is Decently Made and by a Decent Builder.

Let us not forget Melinda doing the sword suspension...and cutting the dudes balls almost off...yes those balls.

Buy quality built stuff...and know how to use it properly and safely
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17197 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Listen to Bill. Ask Trixie Bond about the joys of falling off a sword suspension. That can be an extremely dangerous illusion, and if it is cheaply made you are going to be liable for any injuries to anyone you put on it. Get something quality that will hold up, you get what you pay for.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
Paulo Cabrita
View Profile
Special user
818 Posts

Profile of Paulo Cabrita
Made in China is not quality.
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2161 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Quote:
On 2007-08-13 20:47, Paulo Cabrita wrote:

Please do research before making a comment like this. It's not China that is cheap it is the the person who contracts the work to China. Some of my best prototypes for my sign shop came from China, it seems that the Chinese can read American schematics better than Americans.

The ol' saying you get what you pay for, the same holds true to the company that is farming out the work. China does beautiful work, you just have to pay for it.
For quality Paul Fox Cups spun on Danny Dew's Paul Fox tooling visit us at www.airshipmagic.com
magicmarkdaniel
View Profile
Special user
Bolton, England UK
831 Posts

Profile of magicmarkdaniel
Very true. China, amongst others, has a stigma attached to it as we see so many crap toys, games etc., with the old 'Made In...' stamp on them. On the other side of the coin, I have had items imported from China that have been top notch. It's the same everywhere. If something had 'Made In Portugal' stamped on it, it doesn't mean to say it's good quality.

Mark
Mark Daniel
Paulo Cabrita
View Profile
Special user
818 Posts

Profile of Paulo Cabrita
Yes China and India
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
indonesia
1939 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
Quote:
On 2007-08-14 05:44, magicmarkdaniel wrote:
Very true. China, amongst others, has a stigma attached to it as we see so many crap toys, games etc., with the old 'Made In...' stamp on them. On the other side of the coin, I have had items imported from China that have been top notch. It's the same everywhere. If something had 'Made In Portugal' stamped on it, it doesn't mean to say it's good quality.

Mark
Creator of the "High Voltage Gimmick" and Shaman's spirit table
https://youtu.be/Rlgl4CzUa98

IG: @affordable_illusions_magic
STEPHANE-ARNOW
View Profile
Regular user
FRANCE
136 Posts

Profile of STEPHANE-ARNOW
Made in china = not same as india.

India props are cheap, but not good quality . Not for all, there is some good props too, but for illusions PLEASE NOOO !!! China or asia is far better in craftmanship for the moment, with very good workers. So don't claim bad report about china. Aceillusion, in singapour , for example make good job.

But My experience with india is horrible. I will change opinion when the builder from india will prove me their professionnalism !!! I don't put any name here, to be respectful (they are very clever) but for business it is horrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrible. I have tested that's why I give my opinion. Some people here are just saying : made in China is bad. this is not a opinion but a jugement too quick !!!same for all others countries from asia or else.

cheers
Paulo Cabrita
View Profile
Special user
818 Posts

Profile of Paulo Cabrita
Quote:
On 2007-08-13 23:33, Mad Jake wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-08-13 20:47, Paulo Cabrita wrote:

Please do research before making a comment like this. It's not China that is cheap it is the the person who contracts the work to China. Some of my best prototypes for my sign shop came from China, it seems that the Chinese can read American schematics better than Americans.

The ol' saying you get what you pay for, the same holds true to the company that is farming out the work. China does beautiful work, you just have to pay for it.

In general the quality from China is bad!!!! And India must bad!
The rason of Cinha is very cheap work!
This is my opinion, I don't need to "research" to have care with China very cheap and bad quality!
santos
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of santos
[/quote]
"...Some of my best prototypes for my sign shop came from China.."
[/quote]

companies order in China because is cheap, very good businesses China or India work!
They can make a good work, but in general is the quality is deficient, electronic devices with precision is bad.
Enslaved working very cheap to same people bigger profit and to pay less. Of course is businesses, but the only reason the china or india "made" is the very cheap hand work!
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24264 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
By and large, it's not the country, it's the builders and the designers. However, if the person who designs the item doesn't know anything about the item that is being built, other than what it looks like, you are not going to get a decent product except by accident.

As an example, some of the worst cups in the world come from India. But there are also some very fine cups produced there. However, cups and illusions are two different things.

Part of the problem is materials. Unless the designer and quality control people spec high quality materials, you won't get them. There are parts of India where metal goods are made from parts of shipwrecks. How good these goods are depends on who made the ships and how well the metal was recycled.

There are some decent musical instruments that come from China. There are some horrible ones that come from China, as well.

And then there are the really weird mistakes that happen -- such as the contamination of wheat gluten with melamine a couple of months ago that resulted in the execution of a man who was in charge of the operation. And we have just heard about the massive recall of toys that were made in China, because of the lead based paint in some of them. The manager of that factory committed suicide.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
indonesia
1939 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
REMEMBER: FISM 2009 WILL BE IN CHINA ;o)
Creator of the "High Voltage Gimmick" and Shaman's spirit table
https://youtu.be/Rlgl4CzUa98

IG: @affordable_illusions_magic
Fabricem
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of Fabricem
Ok but what about some Indian links( Illusion dealer or builders)? Now I 'm in China and if you have your ideas whit your criterias and your designs is good ,and cheaper (of course only if you want build your ideas) !
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Info on illusion dealer (builder) from India? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL