The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Info on illusion dealer (builder) from India? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2161 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
I think we may be seeing some magic recalls on China based products in the near future. I have an independent tester running tests on some products and just awaiting the results. The recall on any level of these products would be huge.

As to the quality of China, again it's not China, it's the greedy person who contracts them out. I send a schematic to China for circut boards to run lighting on signs, I get different price tiers, my only concern is the quality and that it will pass UL inspection and approval. The reason I send to to China? Because I can get a prototype board done for next to nothing, then step it up to the high end board, where as the prototyping in the US would kill me. I often prototype out of China then produce it out of California. China isn't cheap, Amercian based companys are sometimes just greedy.
For quality Paul Fox Cups spun on Danny Dew's Paul Fox tooling visit us at www.airshipmagic.com
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
An INDIVIDUAL in any of the countries mentioned who takes pride in his/her work and has created a good reputaion should not be stigmatized by their location. Nor should that person be buried under the garbage some fellow countrymen turn out enmasse.

Some of the most fabulous art and craftsmanship on earth has (and still can) come out of China and for thousands of years. It can still be attained.

Magnificant Art and workmanship can still be found in Indonesia. There are great magicians and makers still there with pride in their work.

Forget the big plants and factories and mass production for the moment and put away a broad brush to paint an entire country.

Mad Jake is correct.

Doing your homework is not buying the crap that is thrown your way and then tossing it out with a swear word...a little research will find the quality you are searching for nearly everywhere...if there has been a tradition of craftsmenship, then there are still craftsmen... to dismiss them out of hand is your loss...the stickler enters the game when you are looking for cheap...then you get cheap...and many of those who contract for cheap junk mass produced are right here in the USA.

Having said that, I can understand the rankle...I too have never gotten anything out of India that was of superior quality...maybe I didn't look in the right places and relied on cheap Importers. I can't say.

But I have gotten some truly fine work out of China AND Indonesia. It is there.

But Cheap and Quality are not in the same sentence ANYWHERE.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
indonesia
1939 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
Do not fooled by the price, some country can sell cheap not because theymake it in in low quality, but as developing country, usually they can find cheap raw material, and cheap labour/worker.

Thanks.
CC.
Creator of the "High Voltage Gimmick" and Shaman's spirit table
https://youtu.be/Rlgl4CzUa98

IG: @affordable_illusions_magic
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Yep CC...True but that is not difficult to determine with a little homework...even so there are LEVELS of cheap or what some would consider cheap.

Not a magic story but the old lady upstairs is a Quilt maker and collector. She was stunned when I brought a HAND MADE (hand Sewn) Queen sized Quilt to her for a slight repair. Impressed by the fine work to be sure. It had been made in China by someone who cared about what they were doing and probably got a whole dollar for the work if that. I went to the store and bought her one as a thank you...not telling her I paid just $15...but still a nice piece of work yet I would bet that there are people in whatever village that was, who would get $50 or a $100 for one even finer that could sell here for a couple of hundred bucks (most likely much much more if contracted by a Gallery and not a mass retailer.) still cheap for quality work.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
gorilla
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of gorilla
Quote:
On 2007-08-12 16:01, Matthew W wrote:
Eastern Shaman http://www.easternshaman.com/ may have what you need

I have bought from this company and some of the product says it is from India! Possibly they have a factory who makes for them in India?
Paulo Cabrita
View Profile
Special user
818 Posts

Profile of Paulo Cabrita
But the quality are good? Are you happy? If we can know waht kind of illusions did you bougth?

Paulo
STEPHANE-ARNOW
View Profile
Regular user
FRANCE
136 Posts

Profile of STEPHANE-ARNOW
No from this company it don"t come from india !
Paulo Cabrita
View Profile
Special user
818 Posts

Profile of Paulo Cabrita
And now?
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
indonesia
1939 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
I know a magic factory in India, and he made good quality items in brass and wood!!! His production accepted worldwide in USA and European. Sunil Batra items are great.
I know personally the owner Mr. Sunil Batra he is very humble gentleman with very much care to his family!!! And himself is the very skillfull carpenter and latheman.
KC Batra is his father, one of the famous magician in India in their era.
So, do not judge the book by it is cover...;o)

Thanks,
CC.

Znarf
View Profile
New user
Mainz/Germany
3 Posts

Profile of Znarf
Yes SSUCAHYO is absolute right. I know a lot of items made by Sunil Batra and they are ALL FIRST CLASS made.
Usually items made in India are of not good quality, but Sunil Batra is an exception.
The only problem for us (the customers) is that he does not sell by retail. He sells only to selected wholesalers.
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
indonesia
1939 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
Quote:
On 2007-08-24 12:07, Znarf wrote:
Yes SSUCAHYO is absolute right. I know a lot of items made by Sunil Batra and they are ALL FIRST CLASS made.
Usually items made in India are of not good quality, but Sunil Batra is an exception.
The only problem for us (the customers) is that he does not sell by retail. He sells only to selected wholesalers.

Ninad_Magic
View Profile
New user
India
36 Posts

Profile of Ninad_Magic
Hi,i am from india and I know a magic dealer from india you can contact this company they makes illusion is very good quality but only on orders check his link first and then if you like items from them you can contact him.

http://www.magicmakerindia.netfirms.com

ninad
Fabricem
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of Fabricem
Wher is the web site of Mr. Batra?
newsmaya
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of newsmaya
"NEWS MAYA" is a Magic MAgazaine from India. As per our knowledge 4 mega Illusions Manufacturer in india. but since last 4 months they are facing some communal rights & heavy rain in their areas due to thhat they are too much disturbed. out of 4 3 illusion maker lost all the tool rooms & their own house also. but as our latest knowledge they are establish their now regularly & we hope & we suggest you they will provide you as per your requirement & as per your budget all good illusions to you.
"NEWS MAYA" is a not doing magic marketing from india that's why we are not give you any name here. if yu want to know you can email us personaly.
NEWSMAYA
MAGIC MAGAZINE FROM INDIA

newsmaya@yahoo.com
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
indonesia
1939 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
Mr. Batra will open his site soon........

CC.

Fabricem
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of Fabricem
But you know, few moths before I see on the magic Café one Indian's web site( whit illusions) and it was good, but now I can't find it!
you know many other sites( for the Illusions) over estershaman, Batra,etc. etc.? thanks.
STEPHANE-ARNOW
View Profile
Regular user
FRANCE
136 Posts

Profile of STEPHANE-ARNOW
Maybe Rang magic, don't know .

Mayalink is over, he is one of the 3 builders who are in big difficulties like said by Newsmaya. Not secure for business. I suppose the one you spoke was Rangmagic,, but not sure. If you want more infos, contact me in PV. I will give you my experience. If it is another one I can't help you, but I 'm curious to know which builder you speak.
newsmaya
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of newsmaya
http://www.RANGMAGIC.COM This Is Real And Biggest Illusion Manufacturer From India As Our Knowledge Rang Magic Deal In More Then 39 Country With All Big Illusionist And Also Deal With Europe And USA Big Illusion Dealer
NEWSMAYA
MAGIC MAGAZINE FROM INDIA

newsmaya@yahoo.com
magickleark
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of magickleark
I tried rang magic and I get my illusion from them. my illusion qc done by my wife at their work shop and my wife reply its good. my wife also seen some other new illusion at their work shop in under 3500 us $ so I suggest you and other illusionist also tried RANG MAGIC other then europen builder. I also worked with europen manufacturer but I see rang magic is better then europen manufacturer domink
tavera
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of tavera
I also use 2 illsuion made by http://www.RANGMAGIC.COM india I like workmanship of their illsusion. iaslo buy so many small magic tricks from them.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Info on illusion dealer (builder) from India? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL