The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The International Brotherhood of Magicians! » » Becoming a member (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magikrn
View Profile
Veteran user
333 Posts

Profile of Magikrn
I have finally talked my wife into letting me join the IBM but I have a question. In order to join my local ring do I need to join the larger IBM? I can not find any info on this subject. I am just wondering if I join the main IBM if I am then capable of attending any meeting at any local ring.

Thanks,
Eric
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17197 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Every local ring has its own rules and bylaws, but generally as a member of the IBM you are welcomed to local rings. As far as joing a local ring, generally , yes you must join the IBM. Some magic clubs exist as rings and/or SAM Assemblies, and don't necessarily require membership in the national organization for membership in the local club, but to vote or hold office you must be a member. Best way to find out, check with the contact person at the local ring. You can find that information on the IBM website.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
Magikrn
View Profile
Veteran user
333 Posts

Profile of Magikrn
Thank you for the info.
I will email the contact person.

BTW, anyone here a member of the San Bernardino CA ring?
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3717 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Nope...Ring 370 in Summerville, SC, the IBM's newest!

If you need help in joining the IBM National, let me know.

Mark. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The International Brotherhood of Magicians! » » Becoming a member (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL