The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Banachek's Ring (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dr Desmond Jones
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of Dr Desmond Jones
I just watched the banachek PSI series and although most of the effects are a bit too newbie for me, the Richardson like ring he uses is quite ingenius.

Now I have to ask:
"What do you use to affix the secret something to the ring?"
"You Lady, you call him Dr. Jones, --Short Round!"
Drewmcadam
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland
1234 Posts

Profile of Drewmcadam
Rubber cement
Dr Desmond Jones
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Now you tell me! My fingers are stuck to a bridge as I type. Sorry an aging super glue joke.
Carlos the Great
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1234 Posts

Profile of Carlos the Great
Dr. Jones,

Which effects do you like from the Psi Series?
Cognite tute
Dr Desmond Jones
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

I'd rather not post. It's an unprotected forum and easily read by muggles.
Carlos the Great
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1234 Posts

Oh, ok. Just trying to see what you defined as "too newbie" and what weren't. To me, the distinction is whether they are good effects or not. But, alas, that is just me.
Cognite tute
scottds80
View Profile
Special user
Victoria, Australia
730 Posts

Profile of scottds80
My favorite Banachek effect is Loco Logo. First you show a little yellow envelope with a prediction card inside it to be revealed later. You display about 10 or so different cards - with logo's on them. Example: Nike, Yellow Pages, Microsoft Windows, AT&T, Warner Bros. etc.

After a freewill choice from an audience member has been made, the prediction was correct, every time!
"Great Scott the Magician", Gippsland
mesmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1186 Posts

Profile of mesmer
Dr.Desmond Jones
hope this link will help you, since both of them achieve the same purpose

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......5&30

Cheers
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Dr Desmond. A few of your posts don't add up. You claim you love the Motto of KISS and then come to this thread and say a lot of Banacheks stuff is to easy. Can you explain the difference? Wouldnt the "easy" effects just be perfect for building up drama and really worry more about the acting etc then the method?
videokideo
View Profile
Special user
895 Posts

Profile of videokideo
My favorite is using the portfolio for drawing duplication and securing Q&A info. Freaking solved every problem in a portion of my show. Its total presentation now.
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Quote:
On 2007-08-14 19:02, videokideo wrote:
My favorite is using the portfolio for drawing duplication and securing Q&A info.

That is a very strong effect. Probably my favorite thing on those DVD's.
Carlos the Great
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1234 Posts

Quote:
On 2007-08-14 18:30, chichi711 wrote:
Dr Desmond. A few of your posts don't add up. You claim you love the Motto of KISS and then come to this thread and say a lot of Banacheks stuff is to easy. Can you explain the difference? Wouldnt the "easy" effects just be perfect for building up drama and really worry more about the acting etc then the method?

I'm with you on this one, chichi. That is why I asked what he liked from the series and his response was "I'd rather not post. It's an unprotected forum and easily read by muggles." Interesting considering he was asking how to set something up from the DVDs but he wouldn't share names of effects (unless he thinks it is ok to talk about methodology but not just names... or he is just fishy all around, which is my opinion).

-C
Cognite tute
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Banachek's Ring (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL