The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » My coin in bottle (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
KMan1564
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of KMan1564
Not the neatest demonstration of it...but here it is:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=n1M1Gotbcfk

Do you notice any similarities to this version:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WId2i8qDvC8

Thank you,
Koby
New Mentalism and eMagic Supply Exclusives
http://emagicsupply.com/126.html
KMan1564
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of KMan1564
Will be releasing mine for FREE barring that these methods are not the same.
New Mentalism and eMagic Supply Exclusives
http://emagicsupply.com/126.html
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27135 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On 2007-08-12 21:36, KMan1564 wrote:
Not the neatest demonstration of it...but here it is:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=n1M1Gotbcfk

Do you notice any similarities to this version:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WId2i8qDvC8

Thank you,
Koby


Have a look at the very first published version of the trick using a hollowed out cork and a fol**** coin.

Now consider how long ago that was and how others MUST have simply used a smaller coin and a smidgen of wax to affix the coin to the cork until smacked - as pretty well suggested by any reading of Scot's Discoverie of Witchcraft from back around 1580.

Okay... what's new?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
KMan1564
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of KMan1564
My CIB is impromptu...no wax no anything...
New Mentalism and eMagic Supply Exclusives
http://emagicsupply.com/126.html
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27135 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Hey, if you can get a borrowed dime into a borrowed bottle without first fudging a dime under the cap... I'm impressed. If you have new work on the trick that will add to our body of knowlege... even more impressed.

Best wishes,

Jon
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Fingers
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania, USA
1330 Posts

Profile of Fingers
The illusion is great, but I think you need more work on the right hand. The first thing I would want to do after the effect, talking as a spectator, would be to ask to see the inside of your right hand......
Where I go, so do my coins.....
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
2908 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
UGH that other version wad terrible, not only the effect but the performance.
Follow Michael Kras on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/KrasMagic

Check out The Kras Change at Vanishing Inc Magic! http://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic-downloads/ebooks/kras-change/
KMan1564
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of KMan1564
Yeah, I agree Fingers. This isn't the actual handling now. Just one of the earlier versions I came up with and had a camera handy.
New Mentalism and eMagic Supply Exclusives
http://emagicsupply.com/126.html
Cory Landels
View Profile
Special user
683 Posts

Profile of Cory Landels
Hmmm...

It's not original at all, but I salute your for being creative and being brave enough to post this video. Smile

Cheers,

-Cory
Jan Redman
View Profile
New user
Berlin, Germany
37 Posts

Profile of Jan Redman
Sorry, Cory this isn't meant as an offense but I don't think we should applaud for someone's bravery when he shows poorly executed magic tricks to people or puts videos of it on the internet. If someone hears a bad singer it is most unlikely someone decides he doesn't like music in general. With magic I think it is much more likely the case.
As for the coin in bottle effect in general, I believe I have a problem with almost all of them. If you got a bottle with the cap on it and you want to make people believe you made a coin penetrate the bottle, I believe you have to convince them that there was no coin in it beforehand (don't want to expose here but you know what I mean). If it is factory sealed that's another case but people are not stupid, it's not too difficult to reconstruct this method. The other part of a believable penetration is to convince the spectator that it's the very same coin that's now in the bottle. Therefore people have to be sure that you don't just keep it in your hand. You don't necessarily have to show your hand empty palm up but cramping your hand is no option. I don't wanna go too much off-topic but my problem with the "classic" version using a glass bottle and a coin that doesn't fit through the opening is that I would NEVER make the coin go out again. Instead I would of course give the whole thing out as a souvenir. Quite expensive and eventually exposing souvenir that would be.
Ace illusions
View Profile
Regular user
149 Posts

Profile of Ace illusions
Quote:
On 2007-09-05 20:10, Jan Redman wrote:
Sorry, Cory this isn't meant as an offense but I don't think we should applaud for someone's bravery when he shows poorly executed magic tricks to people or puts videos of it on the internet. If someone hears a bad singer it is most unlikely someone decides he doesn't like music in general. With magic I think it is much more likely the case.
As for the coin in bottle effect in general, I believe I have a problem with almost all of them. If you got a bottle with the cap on it and you want to make people believe you made a coin penetrate the bottle, I believe you have to convince them that there was no coin in it beforehand (don't want to expose here but you know what I mean). If it is factory sealed that's another case but people are not stupid, it's not too difficult to reconstruct this method. The other part of a believable penetration is to convince the spectator that it's the very same coin that's now in the bottle. Therefore people have to be sure that you don't just keep it in your hand. You don't necessarily have to show your hand empty palm up but cramping your hand is no option. I don't wanna go too much off-topic but my problem with the "classic" version using a glass bottle and a coin that doesn't fit through the opening is that I would NEVER make the coin go out again. Instead I would of course give the whole thing out as a souvenir. Quite expensive and eventually exposing souvenir that would be.


Bottle is factory sealed
Clean display of bottle
Hand shown empty right after the penetration
Coin cannot fit through the opening
Can be given out as a souvenir.

My CTB is able to work under all the conditions mentioned above. Plus the souvenir is not expensive. =)

Btw nice effect KMan1564!
Chris Oberle
View Profile
Elite user
California
457 Posts

Profile of Chris Oberle
I don't know ace from your CIB demo, it doesn't look IMMEDIATELY clean.
The bottle display is questionabe also.

Others agree:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=111
Ace illusions
View Profile
Regular user
149 Posts

Profile of Ace illusions
Quote:
On 2007-09-07 14:23, hiphopperco wrote:
I don't know ace from your CIB demo, it doesn't look IMMEDIATELY clean.
The bottle display is questionabe also.

Others agree:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=111


From the demo video you can see I show my hand EMPTY after I push the coin into the bottle. How is that not clean?

Read the thread and the reviews. You can see people who purchased it agree that it's great.

Quote:
On 2007-09-02 15:12, Nick-V. wrote:
Displaying the bottle fairly front and back is always a good thing.

Even Nick Verna agree that the display is good as I can show the front and back of the bottle before I penetrate the coin.

If you still think the display is not clean enough, there is a way to hand out the bottle to the audience before you penetrate the coin through the bottle.

If you want to know more about my CTB please do so in the other thread. I mentioned my CTB just to let Jan Redman know about my CTB, as my CTB might be able to meet his expectations.
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
Ace you really need to stop bringing up your CIB in basically every thread you post in lol

Why not buy and banner here as then you'll be doing the Café' a favour
Ace illusions
View Profile
Regular user
149 Posts

Profile of Ace illusions
I'm not bringing it up in every thread I post.

Jan Redman seems to have some high expectations on CTB effects. Hence I'm letting him know that my effect might be able to meet his expectations. That's the reason why I'm bringing it up here.
gmmagic124
View Profile
Special user
751 Posts

Profile of gmmagic124
Reading back on Nick-V.'s post, I think he meant if it works for YOU then go for it, especially if it generates good reactions.

Quote:
On 2007-09-07 14:45, Y2John wrote:
Ace you really need to stop bringing up your CIB in basically every thread you post in lol


LOL, I know Ace you are everywhere. Smile

OK Back to "My coin in bottle" by Kman1564.
Ace illusions
View Profile
Regular user
149 Posts

Profile of Ace illusions
Quote:
LOL, I know Ace you are everywhere. Smile


Haha did you see me mentioning about my CTBs in some non CTB thread? Smile

Btw, gnmagic124 you seem to be following me wherever I go too? LOL

Quote:
On 2007-09-07 16:22, gmmagic124 wrote:
Reading back on Nick-V.'s post, I think he meant if it works for YOU then go for it, especially if it generates good reactions.


Well if Sealed & Stuck works for me, I'm sure it works for everyone else. =) Yup, this effect sure generates good reactions.




Ok back to Kman1564's CTB.

I'm sure this trick is able to fool laymen. The main problem is that you cannot show your hand empty right after you push the coin through the cap.

You can get away if it if your penetration is visual enough. If your penetration is so visual that the audience is convinced that the coin really went through the bottle, you don't really need to show your hand empty.
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
I think this is quite possibly one of the worst CIBs ive ever seen... sorry but it just is not up to the standards set by the others (from the looks of it).
Ace illusions
View Profile
Regular user
149 Posts

Profile of Ace illusions
I think it will not be easy to match the standards of existing CTBs now.
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
Yeah something would have to be extremely impressive to top what performers have been doing with the CIB plot lately.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » My coin in bottle (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL