The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Velocity??? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Bill Citino
View Profile
Special user
Doylestown, PA
831 Posts

Profile of Bill Citino
Hey everyone,
While browsing various magic sites I came across pubtricks.com. I started looking around and happened to stumble upon an effect called Velocity by Jonty Essington (or something like that). I decided to watch the preview video of the effect and noticed an extreme similarity to my good friend Eric Jones' Imagination routine. In the video, I watched him perform Eric's Imagination change and then use a Jay Sankey idea, which dates back to Bobo's if memory serves me well. After corresponding with a few reliable sources, one of which has the download, I found out that Jonty does not give Eric any credit for the move at all. In fact, I believe there was no crediting at all. Now I know Eric's production is credited to Jeff White, and the rest of the Imagination routine is all Eric's original ideas and concepts.

I'm not one for making bold claims and statements, and I realize that some may think this is one but come on! WE all know that this is a blatant rip off once viewed. For those that want to see what I'm talkin about here's the link:

http://www.pubtricks.com/index.php?trick......rick.wmv

Take a look for yourselves...I'm curious to see what others think.

-Bill
CitinoMAGIC: SLEEPLESS NIGHTS eBook - AVAILABLE NOW!
illushade
View Profile
New user
China
67 Posts

Profile of illushade
The handling is quite sloppy. None of which is his own creation. Totally stolen Eric's imagination change. I have watched some of his videos in magicvideodepot.com.
http://magicvideodepot.com/view.php?a=v&t=10347
This trick is also credited to himself -_-
Annoying
Magic is my life. My life is magic.
Mano
View Profile
Inner circle
1028 Posts

Profile of Mano
This is really wierd, a few months ago he posted a video at MVD doing almost the exact same thing as the link Bill posted above and he gave cridit to Eric. so I wonder why he is not doing that now.

whenever I see things like that I wonder if I ever want publish or put my stuff out there for sale.

I will keep it for my audience for the time being.

Mano.
Eric Jones
View Profile
V.I.P.
Director of Product Development
2101 Posts

Profile of Eric Jones
SOB....the kid(Jonty) said he was going to have it taken down!!!!!

Hmph....oh well.....I guess I'll get in contact with him again, and raise hell....
“We're two tigers away from an act in Vegas.” Greg House M.D.
<BR>
<BR>http://www.ericjonesmagic.com
feher
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1417 Posts

Profile of feher
This kind of crap drives me nuts!!!!!!!! I always say give credit *** it.
For 20.00 bucks too.whoa....Eric that should be a slap in the face too.
I'm sorry my friend!!!! but we all know who the creator is if that means anything.
Go give him hell
Tim
Mean people SUCK!!!!!!!
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6074 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
I'm sorry he stole from you Eric and to make matters worse he performs it like the kids on LearnMagicdotcom!
Bill Citino
View Profile
Special user
Doylestown, PA
831 Posts

Profile of Bill Citino
Mano,
When I first saw the video it too looked familiar and I couldn't place it. I must've seen it on MVD as well. I hear what you're saying about publishing material. It definitely makes you think twice.

-Bill
seidedennis
View Profile
New user
Denmark
97 Posts

Profile of seidedennis
On thing seems funny to me; you can download the "solution" - as if it was a puzzle to be solved... strange way to be thinking about magic imo
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4355 Posts

Profile of rannie
I also had a similar move, but it was used for a change over and not as a production . I was supposed to release this, but after I researched and saw Eric's move....I decided to back off. I was akso told by some who saw my private video that it is also similar to a certain "kings grip" or something like that. I'd give this to Eric hands down. It looked beautiful and magical in his hands. I also would not doubt that although I created mine independently.... Eric came up with it looooong before it even hit me. Good luck Eric. Perhaps the better thing to do is raise heaven and let the universal law do the slapping!

best,

Rannie
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
Eric Jones
View Profile
V.I.P.
2101 Posts

Profile of Eric Jones
Quote:
On 2007-08-13 04:17, rannie wrote:
I also had a similar move, but it was used for a change over and not as a production . I was supposed to release this, but after I researched and saw Eric's move....I decided to back off. I was akso told by some who saw my private video that it is also similar to a certain "kings grip" or something like that. I'd give this to Eric hands down. It looked beautiful and magical in his hands. I also would not doubt that although I created mine independently.... Eric came up with it looooong before it even hit me. Good luck Eric. Perhaps the better thing to do is raise heaven and let the universal law do the slapping!

best,

Rannie

Rannie,

I don't claim originality to the grip the coin is in, just the work utilizing it. I first read about it in an old book by Jeff White, a terrific magician down in Florida if memory serves. Since I released the download, I also found out there is a young magician who posted a video online ( I think the king thing you mentioned)before mine came out utilizing the same grip, but with a much different handling. Danny Garcia told me that he uses the grip in his magic as well. In his first set of notes, Danny published a move he called the OK Production. The move is also demoed, though not explained on the Garcia Projects DVD set. Dan Garrett also has a routine called American Ninja Spellbound that uses the grip....and Joe Rindfliesh too uses it in his Whirlybird Vanish, though the grip is different.

Rannie, I said all this to say that if you had work with the move, I'd love to see it.....lol
<BR>
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4355 Posts

Profile of rannie
Sure Bro... I'll make a clip again... I took that down some time back!

Rannie
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
DanGarrett
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta, GA
169 Posts

Profile of DanGarrett
The "back finger pinch grip", which I use in my "American Ninja Spellbound" coin routine (originally published in the early 1980s) on my "CloseUp Connivery" DVD, did indeed come from Jeff White's book. Jeff credits the move to Richard O'Farrell. Both are credited at the end of my DVD. Sorry, to my knowledge the grip itself has no catchy name...
Dan Garrett
www.dangarrettmagic.com
SAM National President 1994-1995
MIMC with Gold Star - London
email request to dangarrett@aol.com to receive a free catalog
Chad Barnard
View Profile
Special user
Mt. Airy, NC
763 Posts

Profile of Chad Barnard
Hey guys, it seems that Jonty is at it again. This time it's one of Platt's effects.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......m=218&71

What do you guys think?

Eric, did you ever get anywhere with him? It looks like he's still selling your effect as well.
magicjonty1
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of magicjonty1
Hi Chad,

oooo a little too eager once again were we? patience is a virtue my friend. Here's something you may want to see. Merry Christmas!

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w241/magicjonty1/EJ.jpg

Oh and just for the record the issue was resolved within hours and the video was re-edited and rectified after my pleasant conversation with Eric.
Chad Barnard
View Profile
Special user
Mt. Airy, NC
763 Posts

Profile of Chad Barnard
You had to be told multiple times before you rectified it. The problem is, that you did it in the first place and now seem to be doing it again.

Quote:
Oh and just for the record the issue was resolved within hours and the video was re-edited and rectified after my pleasant conversation with Eric.

Really? Well Eric seemed to be surprised when he saw it was up back in August:

Quote:

So for the record, it wasn't hours.

It proves your lack of crediting is a habit and discredits your arguments in the other thread.

People can read the posts and judge for themselves. Eric and Platt are respected guys around here. I don't think this puts you in a good light. JMO.

I stand by my post and from the abundance of pm's I'm getting, it looks like others are line with me.
Bill Citino
View Profile
Special user
Doylestown, PA
831 Posts

Profile of Bill Citino
And this is exactly why I took all my videos of my work down from youtube...nuff said.

-Bill
magicjonty1
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of magicjonty1
Chad, I had to be told once, not multiple times. Sure, invite Eric to his thread and unless he's going to lie about (which I'm sure he wont), then he will admit that actually this was rectified withinin hours and I was told once after the misunderstanding.

Thanks
Chad Barnard
View Profile
Special user
Mt. Airy, NC
763 Posts

Profile of Chad Barnard
I can only go from what was posted.

Quote:
On 2007-08-12 22:21, Godhandz wrote:

Hmph....oh well.....I guess I'll get in contact with him AGAIN, and raise hell....

If I misunderstood the word "AGAIN", then I apologize.
Eric Jones
View Profile
V.I.P.
2101 Posts

Profile of Eric Jones
Happy Christmahanakwanzaakah to everyone!!!!!!

I just read and re-read everything, because I couldn't remember the time frame from when I actually spoke to magicjonty and when I made my initial post. I do remember being pi$$ed about the situation and magicjonty offering to make good on the situation....I also remember later on that evening the video still being up after he told me he was going to have it removed from the site. I think (because I don't have MY copies of the PMs from MVD to back up the claim), that the link magicjonty provided was to the 2nd PM I sent him, the first voicing my opinion of the situation. Lastly,

I remember him apologizing to me and I dropped the issue from there. If you consider the multiple PMs, some could argue that magicjonty was asked more than once to do the right thing, BUT my opinion is that the situation was supposed to be rectified the same day. Looking at the posts on the Café vs. the link from the 2nd PM I sent, I'm assuming that the situation could have been resolved in a matter of hours. But I don't' think I really followed up to see. My only concern is for the preservation of magical history. As long as proper credits have been established on the product being sold, then I wish magicjonty much success. If he hasn't then he should really get with the program and do the right thing.

Peace.....and good will toward men,

Eric
<BR>
magicjonty1
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of magicjonty1
Hi Eric, Thank you for your post. I cannot do or say anything else apart from I promise AS SOON as I agreed to rectify the video, I sent an email straight away off to the owner of the site to remove it temporarily and I would repost with the deserved credits. I'd just like to make you aware, that I am not the owner of that specific site so I do not have acsess to do anything. It took him just over a day to reply, then I trusted you would look at the site the next day and see your credits had been added. The new version of the demo has been up for several months now which was only like I say, a day or so after we spoke.

I hope this clarifys the issue here with those of you that have posted.

Thank you Eric and wish you a Merry Christmas,

Jonty
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Velocity??? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL