The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Card manipulation where to start (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

scottthegreat
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of scottthegreat
I want to learn card manipulation. Where is the best place to start. is there any better ones than the ones McBride has out. Also is there any where on the internet I can learn for free. You tube ect
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3370 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
I would not recommend youtube - you might pick up the wrong moves from a bloody amateur.

Do you think about card manipulation or XCM? If you are after the "standard" manipulation, Jeff McB is a great resource. If you are looking for XCM you might want to check Absolute Beginnerz.

Andy
Cards never lie
MagicalAdam
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of MagicalAdam
Yes, Youtube is horrible. I believe I've heard that Xtreme Beginners is good.
"Mommy, what's that man doing up there?"
"He's putting on a Blindfold, my dear."
"What's a Blindfold, Mommy?"
"Something you wear so that you cannot see."
"Why's he wearing one, Mommy?"
"So that he can tell us what he's looking at." -
Nedim
View Profile
Elite user
istanbul/turkey
444 Posts

Profile of Nedim
Hi,

If you are a beginner for card manipulation don't practice from Youtube or something else. Jeff McBride is a master in manipulation. Buy his Dvds and try to make yourself started. The most common series for Card Manipulation is Jeff McBride. He is the wright place to look. Because he teachs very natural and easy. You can't see any complicated move during his teaching.

Good Luck!

magicially yours,

Nedim Guzel
scottthegreat
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of scottthegreat
Thanks guys
cgmagic
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of cgmagic
Are you looking into magical manipulation(mcbride) or Xtreme card manip (de'vo)
chuckn34404
View Profile
Regular user
Bend, Oregon
124 Posts

Profile of chuckn34404
I would like to recommend two items as follows: (1) The book THE ROYAL ROAD TO CARD MAGIC by Jean Hugard and Frederick Braue and (2) The five DVD disc set by R. Paul Wilson on THE ROYAL ROAD TO CARD MAGIC. I have both and recommend buying both because the DVD's show how to perform the slight visually and the book shows in words the moves etc. You can take the book with you anyplace but sometimes the DVD is difficult to take. Both sources not only show the slights but demonstrate tricks based on that slight. Each chapter or DVD builds upon the previous learned material. I found the set as being very good investment.

Chuck
Chuckn
Ken Sibley
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of Ken Sibley
I've always liked the "Card Manipulation" Series by Jean Hugard.
Tell me and I forget. Show me and I remember. Involve me and I understand!
scottthegreat
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of scottthegreat
Magical manipulation. McBride neilson ect. Im not looking for card flourishes. XCM devo. Not that stuff
chuckn34404
View Profile
Regular user
Bend, Oregon
124 Posts

Profile of chuckn34404
I also found that BORN TO PERFORM CARD MAGIC by Oz Pearlman available from Penguin Magic was also a good starter DVD. It sell for about $30.00.

Chuck
Chuckn
MattWayne
View Profile
Special user
Manhattan, NY | Studio City, CA
624 Posts

Profile of MattWayne
Hey there;

I'm going to recommend what my boss, Denny Haney would recommend. Routined Manipulations by Lewis Ganson. Then if I recall-- lesson 25 of Tarbell Volume 2; has very good information for beginners. These alone will keep you busy for a while. The McBride series on card manipulation is great. Jeffs a great guy; you'll learn a lot by watching him work and teach. If you're serious about learning manipulation-- and are open to more than just card manip; look into the Chavez Studio of Magic out in Laverne, California. Dale Salwak still teaches it; and I would highly recommend it to any serious student.

Nothing in magic is free; consult a book rather than the internet. You'll get so much more from that- than an internet download. And---> it's cheaper most of the time; if you know what you're looking for. Routined Manipulations book is a mere, $15.00. Can't go wrong with that...

till next time,
best regards,
Matt
Matt Wayne
The Celebrity Magician™
www.CelebrityMagician.com / youtube.com/celebritymagician / twitter.com/RealMattWayne /
Facebook.com/CelebrityMagician

Creator of, 'Got a Light?' and others.
Spokesperson behind, TouchTricks
scottthegreat
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of scottthegreat
Thanks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Card manipulation where to start (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL