The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Twins... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Silvertongue
View Profile
Inner circle
One day I will die leaving behind
2424 Posts

Profile of Silvertongue
I have 2 friends - twins - who are going to help me shoot a promo video at various locations around Los Angeles over 2 weekends. I have only recently told them about ' what I do ' because of needing their help... I have shown them no effects as of yet and want to record some 'twin' related effects to add to the 'documentary' style video...
A little about them, they are beautiful, bright and bubbly 18 yr old students of film making, who I know will give strong reactions in a live, unprepared performance. They are pretty much identical, its hard to tell them apart, I would like ideas on what type of effects you think may play big in their minds, I am thinking of showing how they think alike, having them read each others minds. I am definatly performing pk touches and framing it to fit within the twin theme. I will also have a small crew of students helping out.
The video itself will be my charecter video for a bizarre/mindreading act, the video will include things like scareing the devil at a hollywood goth nightclub, the real mindreading of a gypsy tarot reader in venice beach, some bizarre magic with the costume charecters on hollywood blvd, you get the idea, I have a whole host of them, performing at different locations, look out for the manhattan beach skit, english accent and lovely ladies = alottafun...
Thanks in advance, if anyone has any ideas on location related effects around L.A. or with my original question on effects for the twins it will be greatly apprieciated, thanks...
For as long as space exists,
And living beings remain in cyclic existence,
For that long, may I too remain,
to dispel the sufferings of the world.
-Shantideva

Engaging in the Conduct of a Bodhisattva
Bushido
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of Bushido
A watch routine should fit. one thinks of a time the other sets a watch.

That, or the watch routine found in S.A.D
Hill
View Profile
Inner circle
1164 Posts

Profile of Hill
Pk touches, any dual reality where one read's the other's mind, creative forcing. Lots of possibilities.
Mark Roberts
View Profile
Special user
Nottingham, UK
597 Posts

Profile of Mark Roberts
I, personally, would start with something like PK Touches.

As an identical twin myself, I have never felt that my brother and I have the same thoughts. In fact, we are totally opposite in character, which is not unusual with twins.

However, physically, I can feel sick when he feels sick (even when I don't know that he's sick). I can also feel down when he feels down ( even when I don't know that he's feeling down). There's no logic to this. I will feel unwell and when I call my brother later in the week, before I have said anything, he will say that he has felt sick during the week.

When I was a kid, my brother fell over and broke his right arm (he's right handed) .. a week later, I fell down the stairs and broke my left arm (I'm left handed)!

A coincidence?

Probably...but that is why I would start with something like PK Touches. It is something they will recognise and believe in.

You could then follow with another stronger routine involving thought transference, once they are in synchronisation. This gives them logical progression, which is a formula I use in my own show involving couples.

Once they experience something that they can relate to, albeit it at a much higher level. They will be more open to the possibility that more impossible things can happen.

Hope that helps.
Carlos the Great
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1234 Posts

Profile of Carlos the Great
Something along the lines of anniversary waltz, where you play up the connection between them.

Maybe something along the lines of a drawing duplication or spectator as mindreader where they do something independent of you.

Hard Copy Thought Broadcast or Tossing and Turning might play well in this regard as well if you have stuff from Jim Callahan.

-C
Cognite tute
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2701 Posts

Profile of kinesis
Kennedy's Open Transmission might be appropriate.
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein

FACEBOOK
Celloboy
View Profile
Special user
London, England
533 Posts

Profile of Celloboy
I second Kennedy's open transmission. Infact anything by Kennedy. Loads of his rouitnes rock.
Pete
Joshua Quinn
View Profile
Inner circle
with an outer triangle
2051 Posts

Profile of Joshua Quinn
Quote:
On 2007-08-14 15:33, kinesis wrote:
Kennedy's Open Transmission might be appropriate.

Really? Great routine, but in this context I'd advise against it -- unless you don't mind them peicing together what really happened after the camera is off. Large audiences you can manage, but twins are gonna talk at length.

But I second the suggestion for Jim Callahan's material. His work on combining mechanical and psychological forces is the best I've seen, and it would be perfect for this.
Every problem contains the seeds of its own solution. Unfortunately every problem also contains the seeds of an infinite number of non-solutions, so that first part really isn't super helpful.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Twins... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL