The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Coat hanger from Change Purse (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magicjg
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of Magicjg
I was reading in the Magic Menu about a routine where a coat hanger is drawn from a coin purse. I think it's a Don Alan routine. Where would I find this routine?
Danny Diamond
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1400 Posts

Profile of Danny Diamond
You don't drown by falling in the water;

you drown by staying there.

- Edwin Louis Cole
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21009 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Joe Stevens put out a Don Alan video in which it is explained beautifully by Don himself.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3726 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
It is an original Don Alan piece, and that particular hanger would probably be very difficult to find these days! Everybody who does any closeup or table magic should watch and study Don Alan. That video...especially the handling of Henny Youngman...is impeccable!

Steve
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21009 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Don is actually one of very few people who have ever HANDLED Henny and he did it SO well.

Funniest part about that is Don is known for his wit, and he used the opposite. He was a guy who knew how to work.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Brett Meyer
View Profile
New user
Charleston, SC
35 Posts

Profile of Brett Meyer
You can see Don Alan perform the "coat-hanger-from-coin-purse" on episode #1 of Magic Ranch (1961). He goes from that trick right into his famous Chop Cup routine, which is an absolute pleasure to watch!
We magicians are of a unique lot. We aspire to deceive. We are liars. We are cheats. We are con artists. We can not be trusted. But we mean well.
Ricardo_magician
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of Ricardo_magician
I was actually just watching a don alan dvd today where he performed and explained the coat hanger from purse it was on The Great Magic Video Library Don Alan ok just thought I would let you know.

Cya
Magicmatt1982
View Profile
Loyal user
Southeren IL
295 Posts

Profile of Magicmatt1982
Get and study anything from Don. I have the Stevens video and watch it all the time. NOt for the tricks but to watch him perform. See that is what we are surpost to do it perform and not do every slieght you can .
gadfly3d
View Profile
Special user
963 Posts

Profile of gadfly3d
Don Alan was one of my all time heroes and the coathanger bit is excellent. If you can't find the right coathanger you can go back to the original and produce a wand.

Gil Scott
closeupcardician
View Profile
Special user
Justin Teeman Moore, OK
602 Posts

Profile of closeupcardician
The Don Alan idea is Great.
"Magic as art cannot live without love. Love of some kind. There are novels without love, other arts without love. But there can be no magic without love." - Rodney Reyes
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Coat hanger from Change Purse (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL