The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Tips (Pro or Con) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
I touched on this in my previous thread and it got me thinking.

When you're performing...do you accept tips? Why or why not? What is the largest tip you have ever received at one table or strolling gig?

I do accept tips for two reasons.

1. I feel that when someone is giving you a tip, they are presenting you with a gift and to not accept the gift would be rude.

2. Accepting a tip is accepting the fact that the person who is giving it to me really enjoyed my act enough to present me a token of their esteem. So #2 kind of bleeds into #1 a bit I guess.

The highest tip I've ever received while hopping at a restaurant was $100 and the highest I've received while strolling thru a Society Party was $1000.00. Man...I wish that happened more often! = )
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Accepting yes for the reasons you state, soliciting no.
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
ABSOLUTLY!!! Once in a blue moon, I'll see an entertainer (usually clowns if you call that entertainment???) with a button or a sign on saying Tips Accepted! I hate that. Very tacky...very unprofessional. That makes it seem like you're telling your audince they MUST tip you. Not cool!
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20998 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Well the tip thing has been done to death here.

Really look at a search, it has a lot of stuff and it all has been said.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Tips (Pro or Con) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL