The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Billet gizmo (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

SSG
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of SSG
A while ago, I read about this neat little billet switching gizmo. It's a rod with a clasp on the end, which you use to hold the billet. Apparently, there was an electric switch you can push to make the billet change quickly and invisibly.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about?
AlienMind
View Profile
Regular user
Italy
131 Posts

Profile of AlienMind
Quote:
On 2007-08-16 19:00, SSG wrote:
A while ago, I read about this neat little billet switching gizmo. It's a rod with a clasp on the end, which you use to hold the billet. Apparently, there was an electric switch you can push to make the billet change quickly and invisibly.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Perhaps you refer to this?

http://www.thecentertear.com/full/Magic-......3018.htm

Best,
Pier
SSG
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of SSG
That's it, pal.

Much obliged.
Celloboy
View Profile
Special user
London, England
533 Posts

Profile of Celloboy
Check out The bold and subtle miricles of Dr. Faust for a non-tech version of this.
Pete
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3206 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
I’m not much of a fan of that Hoy switch.
eSamuels
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts

Profile of eSamuels
I just sold a Nelson Mental Gimmick on the Café a few days ago. FYI, SSG, without giving anything away, it's not electric.
mindmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1555 Posts

Profile of mindmagic
Isn't sticking a billet on the end of a rod rather an unnatural thing to do with it?

Barry
Paul Brook
View Profile
Special user
UK
667 Posts

Profile of Paul Brook
Hi Barry,

It does appear to lack a certain congruency. I am sure that the correct situation and story could cover it's unsual nature. However, I can already see the talk after the performance:

"I have no clue how he did it, but it must have something to do with that outdated clip on a stand!"

I had tongue in cheek when I called it outdated but, seriously, congruency is very important!

My two bits Smile

-Paul
PAUL BROOK

He Knows Shop - All of my mentalism books, PDFs and props Smile

Certified Mentalism A beautifully illustrated hardback book full of real world mentalism Smile

FREE MENTALISM Free hard-hitting effects, routines and methods, just a click away Smile
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18816 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Yeah...what barry and paul said..

I mean, if you had a touch of the leprosy, fair enough...but, well, even if you're not all that comfy handling billets or switching yet, there's that barking dog bulldog clip gimmick..

or just a dab of changin' glue somewhere will get you the results needed...
I've asked to be banned
Dr Desmond Jones
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of Dr Desmond Jones
Just met a chap at collectors weekend who was selling a version of an electronic switching box. It was well over priced. Otherwise I could have found a justification.
"You Lady, you call him Dr. Jones, --Short Round!"
caycemindreader
View Profile
Regular user
UK
107 Posts

Profile of caycemindreader
Isn't that linked item just an Ostin clip? If not, what advantage does it have over one?

Cayce
SSG
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of SSG
Barry:

Yes, sticking a billet on the end of a rod is an unnatural thing to do with it. But the audience will buy it if you give them justification.

My presentation: I make the prediction, set it aside, and promise that I will never touch it ever again!!!! Then, when it comes to read the prediction, I begin to reach for it and some wise guy ALWAYS says "Hey, you said you'd never touch it again." I roll my eyes a little, say fine, dig in my supply case a little, and pull out the clip. "There," I say. "Are you happy now? I'm not touching it. In fact, I'll give it to you. You touch it. Better yet, you open it."

All with good humour of course.
CAROLINI
View Profile
Special user
607 Posts

Profile of CAROLINI
That rod that you are talking about is what I have used for more years than I can remember. I have a small bulldog clip on each end. When I ask a spec to give me a folded bill for example, I offer one end of the rod to him. As I turn to give it to another spec for assistance I switch ends and my hand now covers their bill while my bill is given to the other spec who will eventually verify the serial number. I only use this for a serial number divination. I always try to KISS
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Billet gizmo (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL