The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Help with Book Tests (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Most magic shops carry it, or pm truthteller (Brad Henderson)

Here is a link to the effect: http://www.hanklee.org/xcart/product.php......p;page=1
mindgames
View Profile
Veteran user
389 Posts

Profile of mindgames
Predict the word "clown" from the book... Smile
I READ MINDS.... YOURS TOO.
TheTableTopTrixta
View Profile
Special user
708 Posts

Profile of TheTableTopTrixta
Quote:
On 2007-08-23 10:53, mesmer wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-08-17 12:34, TheTableTopTrixta wrote:
Oh would like to add the book needs to be thrown into the audience!!

its not in the Book that makes your Act Comedic...its in YOU....and please don't get offensive, as Im just trying to point out the obvious

Cheers

I don't understand who was being offensive??

Thanks guys for the help!!
mesmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1186 Posts

Profile of mesmer
You get it all wrong...Im afraid its YOU that might get offensive about my post...and please excuse for my poor english
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
You might want to try "Book On Fire" http://magicworldonline.com/magic-shop/p......p;page=1 with the covering "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" on it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Potte......_of_Fire That can be the last book you open up to display out of the three/four, and fire shoots out. So you toss that one away to stick with the other two/three for the book test.

I advise you to use one of three impromptu book test: Paolo Cavalli WDW, Josh's Impromptu Book Test, or the Hoy version.

You can perform a comedy expression as the fire is seen. A comedy line can be mentioned about Harry Potter. When it is time for the chosen book to be re-opened and displayed again, you tell the spectator a comedy line about you want them open it instead of you this time, as they find their page and word/sentence/paragraph.

"Book On Fire" should be the only hardbound book out of the rest.

And if you do not want to use fire, you might want spring snakes to shoot out of a custom made gimmicked book they open for display. It can be titled "Snakes On a Plane." When that happens, put it away and use one of the impropmtu books.
rbattle
View Profile
Loyal user
266 Posts

Profile of rbattle
I also agree with the Satanic Book Test. Lots of built in comedy as well as being mystifying.

Robert
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Help with Book Tests (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL