The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Thought of cards across question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
3263 Posts

Profile of warren
When performing a thought of card across routine for more than two people do you think it is more deceptive to show the cards as a group(fan) or individually for the mental selection to be made as ricky jay does in the following link ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgqXdnwIoQM
jbk2006
View Profile
Loyal user
USA
230 Posts

Profile of jbk2006
My suggestion....PHIL GOLDSTEIN'S (AKA MAX MAVEN AFTER 1 PM, LOL) Shinkansen .. The easiest most effective/pratical version in my opinon. It can be modified for two or more people. http://www.penguinmagic.com/specialorderproduct.php?ID=2901

-Mary
tboehnlein
View Profile
Inner circle
ohio
1779 Posts

Profile of tboehnlein
Only question, how the heck did he not kill the ventriliquist & then the bird?
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4455 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Quote:
On 2007-08-19 13:27, warren wrote:
When performing a thought of card across routine for more than two people do you think it is more deceptive to show the cards as a group(fan) or individually for the mental selection to be made as ricky jay does in the following link ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgqXdnwIoQM

Good question, and I address this in my Thought of Cards Across project available from http://www.magicshop.co.uk both in eBook and hard copy.
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
JSBLOOM
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of JSBLOOM
Penguin Magic sayeth:
Effect: Four red-backed cards are displayed; they're counted and held by a spectator

Another set of blue-backed cards is shown, and a second spectator simply thinks of any one. The packets are held by the spectators, who stand far apart from each other.

With the utmost fairness, the mentally chosen card vanishes from the blue packet and appears in the red!
Does spectator think of ANY ONE? The demo on GEEK magic looks like a FORCE.
Scott Fridinger
View Profile
Special user
Gloucester Pt, VA
883 Posts

Profile of Scott Fridinger
Quote:
On 2009-04-10 22:38, JSBLOOM wrote:
Penguin Magic sayeth:
Effect: Four red-backed cards are displayed; they're counted and held by a spectator

Another set of blue-backed cards is shown, and a second spectator simply thinks of any one. The packets are held by the spectators, who stand far apart from each other.

With the utmost fairness, the mentally chosen card vanishes from the blue packet and appears in the red!
Does spectator think of ANY ONE? The demo on GEEK magic looks like a FORCE.

This is really a great effect. This is more force then mental selection, but it makes little difference. The method used for this trick is a method that I can always see a mile away, however, used for this trick, in this way, it fooled me, and has always gotten good reactions from laymen.
www.JustGreatMagic.com
Sleight of Hand, Sleight of Mind
JSBLOOM
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of JSBLOOM
So...
The add is another example of a lie albeit a great effect.
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4395 Posts

Profile of Paul
The spectator BELIEVES he may have been concentrating on any one as his choice is apparently random. The card he is then thinking of travels leaving three cards behind. It's all about perception.... That is the effect as the lay audience remember it, magicians with more knowledge view it differently. I remember Max doing this with me and someone else on stage at Blackpool many years ago, so I got to appreciate how this version could also play 'big'

Excellent version of the effect. Others are discussed in my book on the effect "Across The Void", available from me or H & R Books.

Paul.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Thought of cards across question (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL