The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Almost Newbie (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Sipa
View Profile
New user
Watford UK
7 Posts

Profile of Sipa
Hi all,

I wouldn't say I'm a beginner, but I could certainly use some general pointers. I registered here a year ago and not long re-appeared to continue my personal project.

I have many memories of my grandfather, but besides the drinking and smoking in a pub in the roughest part of Liverpool, he showed me a couple of magic tricks. I became hooked on the spot and haven't stopped.

I'd never had a public performance and never made any money from it until January this year. I flew to Mauritius to marry my fiance who was Mauritian. I met all 50 million members of her family but found one big problem. I couldn't speak the language. I researched what I could, but the Mauritian Creole just isn't documented!

I turned to another form of communication... I mixed the few tricks I knew, with a few of the Creole words I knew and seriously knocked some socks off! I became a local celebrity and nearly missed my wedding.

On my return, I learned a few things from the locals there and mixed them into my act. I'm keen to perform in social situations rather than money making. I do however, despite practicing, keep getting caught out or run out of ideas. This is more a symptom of being put on the spot over lack of practice. I push the boat out, panic and fall in almost every time. It's very different when it's people I know over the Mauritians I'd just met.

Any advice is appreciated. I'm trying to join WAM club in Watford (UK) at the moment although noone's getting back to me. (please someone get me a contact in the club who has the power to invite me along!)

I'm also working a project on my (and your) passion in the form of a magic wiki. I'm populating from the old non-wiki site at the moment but any help would be appreciated. Please note in my defence against advertising/spamming, I am not selling on the site, nor is it advertising anything. There is no forum to compete with magic Café, it is simply a personal project I desperately need help with.

Regards to all

Simon
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3362 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
Welcome to the Café . . .
Cards never lie
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Almost Newbie (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL