The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » New Cody Fisher Product: Three Kid Monte (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3666 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
What are your thoughts on this effect? My initial concern is handing the coloring books to the kids and that they start opening them up or flipping through the pages. I am sure that Cody, the consumate professional, has thought about this and has intergrated the solution of preventing this from happening into his routine and instructions.

Michael

We have another winning routine from the Master of Commercial Magic, Cody Fisher. His original Three Kid Monte was a great routine…but after many years of tweaking it even more in the real world, Cody has taken his original concept to an entirely NEW performance level!

So what exactly is this? Well…for starters…think ‘banana bandanna’ on steroids…and without all the mess! Cody has taken the standard “coloring book” trick and turned it into a solid 8 minutes of FUN and ENTERTAINMENT!

The routine begins when you tell your audience that you sent away for a mail order course on “How To Become A Game Show Host!” You open your package and insert the “instructional CD” into your CD player and the FUN begins!

The instructor will walk you, your audience, and your onstage volunteers through a very funny 3-phase “Monte” type routine. Three kids are invited on stage and each one is given a coloring book…but ONLY ONE of the books is colored, the other two are not! When the music starts the kids mix themselves up and the audience has to keep track of the colored book! This is very funny!

After the mixing, the audience is then prompted to choose who has the special colored book. This proves to be way too easy for the audience…so we better add some funny disguises to the kids and mix them up again! Each phase gets funnier and funnier! In the end everyone is a winner…except for the magician! (There is even a funny kicker ending that no one will see coming!)

The professional audio performance CD is filled with funny lines, crazy sound effects, game show music, and lots of situational comedy. This professional routine will add 8 minutes of solid entertainment to your show! This is truly a packs FLAT plays HUGE type of effect!

This routine is perfect for birthday shows, church programs, family shows, etc. In the written instructions Cody even describes exactly how he uses this routine with his “character program” for educational school shows.

The CD was produced in a professional recording studio by professional voiceover talent and it sounds incredible! Nothing on the market even comes close to this production quality!

The routine comes complete with everything you will need to perform it right away! Your package includes:

Three Funny Looking Masks

Three Dazzling hats

Three coloring Books

Professionally Recorded Audio Performance CD (English Only)

Written Instructions

Extra Tips & Ideas For Using This In Schools

Just Add YOU!

This will ship mid September!

$150.00

What are your thoughts on this effect?
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Magic Enhancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Robert Haas
1805 Posts

Profile of Magic Enhancer
It is AWESOME. Believe me. I had the privilege in helping Cody with some of this. I won't say in what capacity (though most of you can probably figure it out). I just don't want to let any cats out of the bags. I'd rather have Cody be the first to tell you everything. It is a real fun routine. And I'm sure you will all enjoy it. If you do kid shows, this is perfect!

The description of the effect is right on. What you see is what you get. Anyone that knows Cody knows all of his products are great. This one will no different

Robert Haas
http://www.MagicEnhancer.com
Robert Haas
Magic Enhancer
Quality magic products for the working professional.
www.MagicEnhancer.com
Patriot
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of Patriot
With proper assistant selection and stage management, it should be no more difficult to control the children than any other volunteer effect. I can think of half a dozen methods for protecting the "secret" of the books while in the hands of the children right off the top of my head. With a certainty, Cody has this angle well covered.

On the other hand...$150 for a fun variation of the standard coloring book monte routine seems a bit stiff to me. I wish him luck!
MoonRazor
View Profile
Special user
761 Posts

Profile of MoonRazor
Was this routine (w/o the game show hook) released in MUM a few years ago? I used this routine a while ago and it went over very well.
Cody S. Fisher
View Profile
V.I.P.
Austin, Texas
1170 Posts

Profile of Cody S. Fisher
Hey guys,

Many years ago I released (and published in MUM / July 2000) the original three kid Monte. The basic premise is a Monte type routine with each kid having a coloring book and "mixing" the kids up to music. This is a very funny sight to see! I used that routine for years with great success. Several years ago I marketed that original routine on a very limited basis…primarily at magic conventions. It was the type of routine that once you “saw” it you wanted it.

Over the past many years I have changed the routine considerably. This latest (and final) version works even better than I had ever imagined. The entire thing plays just like a "banana bandanna" type routine...where the audio CD is basically walking you (and the audience) through the performance. It's a fun routine for kids and family audiences and technically very easy to do.

In the instructions I address any possible concerns that you may have concerning handing kids coloring books. I have also included information on how I use this routine in my school shows for Character Development and how I use this in my reading show when I talk about the magic you can find in books. The script has been carefully written so that it can be used in a number of performing environments.

When I decided to finally produce this version for the public...I went all out when it comes to production. Robert Haas has produced a masterpiece with the routine. After working with him for many many many many months...he has taken my concept and created something truly unique in this genre of tricks.

I think the ad pretty much sums it up…but do feel free to contact me if you have any questions…

Thanks,
Cody S. Fisher
To Sign Up For My Members Only FREE Monthly Videos Visit: www.CodyFisher.com/store

Cody's Comedy Confabulation / Silk-2-Egg / Killer Prediction / Tossed Out Deck / Comedy Book Test / Las Vegas Aces / Three Ropes & 1000 Laughs
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3666 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Cody,

Thank you very much for answering my questions and responding to my initial concern about handing out the coloring books. It sounds like a very entertaining and well thought out routine. I will be ordering it from you today or tomorrow.

What is the youngest age group you would be comfortable performing this routine with and for.

Best regards,

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
MJ Marrs
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1075 Posts

Profile of MJ Marrs
Just got off the phone with HP and placed a pre-order. I've seen Cody perform at the Castle and attended his lecture; IMHO if he says it's good, then it's good!

I've never performed the coloring book simply because, just like some other kids' routines, I've never come up with a presentation that felt right. Thank goodness for the creativity of some guys out there in Magicland...I'm great at personalizing routines and I perform every show like it was my last (you're only as good as your last show). But creativity isn't my strong suit. Thanks for releasing this Cody!
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1679 Posts

Profile of Amazing Magic Co
This routine sounds very interesting and I am very excited to learn more. My tremendous respect for Cody's creativity and professionalism combined with Robert's production talents leaves me confident this is worth considering. I hope more information will be made available outlining the fundamental routine. The promotional material mostly notes a comedic routine involving kids, coloring books and a professionally recorded track but doesn't give me enough detail to know whether it will fit my presentation style and show mix. Will a short video clip be coming? I am anxious to learn more as well as garner some feedback from my Café colleagues.

Thanks!
Dan.
TheAstonishingLarry
View Profile
Regular user
I aspire to more than only
183 Posts

Profile of TheAstonishingLarry
When I read the description of this act I immediately thought to myself, "Darn-it! Why can't I think of something like this?" What a clever use of the mundane Magic Coloring Book. And all the lines and by-play? Sign me up.

Regards,
Larry
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." - Carl Sagan
Magic Enhancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Robert Haas
1805 Posts

Profile of Magic Enhancer
Cody and Dan,

Thanks for the kind words. I appreciate it. This routine will be great. Not only because Cody and I are great (lol...just kidding) but because the routine is great. It's every thing that a kidshow should be about...participation, laughter and entertainment. Best of all, it's easy to do and everything you will need is supplied!

Robert Haas
http://www.MagicEnhancer.com
Robert Haas
Magic Enhancer
Quality magic products for the working professional.
www.MagicEnhancer.com
Chubby Harris
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of Chubby Harris
I am very interested in this. My only concern being, are the CD and the gag lines more suited to a American audience, rather than a UK one?
"Believe in the Magic of your dreams"
MJ Marrs
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1075 Posts

Profile of MJ Marrs
Just received this from Hocus-Pocus (thanks Tony!) and I'd like to report that this is a top-notch product in all areas.

Some may argue that $150 is too much for one routine, but my feelings are that if you have a handful of routines that you can use in a library, school show, or daycare setting which will help you to make a very decent living for the rest of your life, then the money is well spent. I remember spending almost this much money for a single textbook in college.

Anyways, I'll try to find time to offer a detailed review in the near future which can be useful to folks who are on the fence as to whether to order. For now, however, this has my HIGHEST recommendation to anyone looking to add a very solid routine to their program. It's obvious that Cody takes a lot of pride in his work!

By the way, Chubby Harris, the CD provided should be alright to use anywhere English is spoken. There doesn't seem to be any geographical specific jokes that wouldn't work in the U.K. Of course the accent is definitely an American one, but that shouldn't be a problem since the routine is inherently funny due to the situational humor and facial expressions of the routine rather than being based on any particular terminology only understood by folks on this side of the pond. I hope this helps.
Acecardician
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1336 Posts

Profile of Acecardician
I have a concern about the coloring book. I used to make mine in the 1970's.
In the last 10 years, "Magic Masters" has sold this to almost every hosehold. Hence, I could not even use my homemade one, which was a real coloring book. And you copuld flip both ways to show uncolored, or both ways to show colored.
At least one kid in every group had a magic coloring book from magic masters.
I changed to an instant art type of effect.

Is the routine designed to shut up the kids that shout they know the coloring book?

Can some other prop be used? Or does the CD specifally state coloring book?

Thanks for any help.

ACE
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
Do you know how old the thing actually is? I swear, I read 'discoverie of whitchcraft'; there's a version of it in it. I promise.
George
Acecardician
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1336 Posts

Profile of Acecardician
Someone told me I can change the covers. I think this will work.

ACE
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2203 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
I do the original version of this and the problem I have is when they get their little hands on the coloring books some of them open them up and when one does they all do... Anyone got any suggestions to eliminate this problem?
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
Ryan Price
View Profile
Special user
winnipeg, MB, Canada
641 Posts

Profile of Ryan Price
Envelopes, this is how I do my regular coloring book effect
Acecardician
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1336 Posts

Profile of Acecardician
What about bull dog clips? Stong enough so the little hands can't open them.
Or potato chip clips for comedy.

ACE
Acecardician
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1336 Posts

Profile of Acecardician
Thanks. But thanks to Magic Masters, I've actuall seen this book in several houses that I do parties at. The kid brings it to me to show me a trick when I am setting up. And of course the parents know how it works, and all their friends. And the clown company in town sends out non magician clowns, and they do 3 tricks, one is the coloring book, performed very bad. So even when a kid said I know that, means they have seen it before, and I wanted to do something different.
Maybe in the next few years it will die out, and a new group of kids will be around that don't have it.
When I was a teenager in the 70's, I took a real coloring book, colored every other page. I cut the pages at an angle, top and bottom. So you could show the pages not colored flipping it right or left. And then colored, flipping it right or left. I used to fool the pants off the grown ups also. No one ever saw the discrepency, the pages colored were different than the uncolored pages. Now I've used the stamp album, and no one ever said a word. But I never show blank pages. To me it is anti climatic and screams "trick".
Just empty pages for stamps. Put the stamps in the back, and it is full of stamps. More logical.
Now I use the Visual coloring changing from Hank Lee. It is very big and colorful. I have the birthday child rub a color changing streamer on it, and as they do this I pull it out, and it is visually colored. I make the kid the Magician.
I know this was in thousands of magic sets, and cereal boxes, but I have great success with it.
I already bought the 3 kid monte.
I'm sure with proper routining, I can do it well.
And still do the visual color changing earlier in the same show.
Thanks for your comments.

ACE
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2203 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
Thanks for all the suggestions...I really like the potato chip clip..what do you think all alike or 3 different colors...
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » New Cody Fisher Product: Three Kid Monte (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL