The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Math-Magic PTO Show (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jkvand
View Profile
Special user
Johnstown, PA
658 Posts

Profile of jkvand
Hi everyone,
I've been booked to do three 10 minute magic shows for a local PTO fundraiser. There are 3 elementary school assemblies, one for K-2, one for 3rd and 4th grade, and one for 5th and 6th graders. There are about 300 kids in each group, and I am only one part of a 45 minute assembly program that emphasizes the importance of math skills. I don't have a question about the show portion, I know what I'm doing there.

My question is related to marketing myself through this opportunity. I'll be showcasing in front of almost 1000 kids, and I would love to hand out some sort of coloring page or other giveaway, but I'm not sure how to do this since I'm only one part of the program, and there are other things going on in a limited time frame before they head off to their next class. I plan to call up a couple volunteers and give them something with my contact info on it, but how can I get something into the hands of all 1000 kids? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Jeff
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12231 Posts

Profile of John C
I would be marketing to the educators and parents. Make a large banner: sugarhousebanners.com

You could make up 1,000 items and bring them to school beforehand to have the teachers hand them out. Or have them on the tables. Is the PTO going to have goodie bags?

John
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13411 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I designed and bought my banners from sugarhouse as well.
It was a great experience.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12231 Posts

Profile of John C
Sugarhouse has a person there--Brittany Frye--she will design your banner. Tell her what you want, send her the images etc. It's $75 an hour. I have never paid over an hour. This last banner I paid less than an hour. The entire banner with stand and design was $129.00.

John
MoonRazor
View Profile
Special user
775 Posts

Profile of MoonRazor
Hey John, Thanks for the tip on Sugarhouse........ do you have a picture of the banners you got from them?
Also, how big do the images have to be to blow them up to banner size. I saw Ken Scott had a full size banner picture of himself for his library shows. tom
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12231 Posts

Profile of John C
Here's my new banner. I use it while performing library shows:

http://www.professionalmagicroutines.com/images/proof.gif

27"x59" I couldn't make the graphic because my QUARK EXPRESS program could only create a 48" page. Then Adobe reader could only handle an export of 45" page. So, I created the image and took a screen shot and sent it to Brittney. She made it in a half hour.

John
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Math-Magic PTO Show (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL