The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Heiny 500 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
MagicMan1957
View Profile
Inner circle
1444 Posts

Profile of MagicMan1957
Is the setup exactly the same as Hundy 500 OR do I have to make a whole new gaff?

I,m running out of Hundreds!...Smile
MagicAggie
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of MagicAggie
Mike Brezler
View Profile
Inner circle
Waynesboro, Pa.
1114 Posts

Profile of Mike Brezler
The Heiny 500 is great. Buy it and you won't be sorry.
afknight
View Profile
Elite user
491 Posts

Profile of afknight
Quote:
On 2007-11-02 02:35, MagicMan1957 wrote:
Is the setup exactly the same as Hundy 500 OR do I have to make a whole new gaff?

I believe it's the same setup as H500
afknight
View Profile
Elite user
491 Posts

Profile of afknight
Quote:
On 2007-11-14 17:59, afknight wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-11-02 02:35, MagicMan1957 wrote:

Actually, Karl mentions the setup briefly but refers the viewer to Greg Wilson's Hundy 500 for more indepth instructions for creating the gaff. If you want to end up with the same orientation of the bills as Karl uses, you'll have to modify the gaff slightly. If you do it exactly as described on Hundy, you'll be able to perform either version but there is a moment in Karl's presentation where the particular side of the single bill needs to be showing if you want to use his presentation - with the Hundy setup you'll need to modify the patter slightly... I'm working on a presentation that incorporates elements of both (at least until I have to spend the money!)

I believe it's the same setup as H500
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1515 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
Can you perform this with uk notes??
Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
869 Posts

Profile of Nechto
Hey Matt,

I'm afraid the gimmick won't allow you to change a £5 into a £50 because of the size issue but I perform Slow Burn (also uses Pat Page's gimmick) with receipts from a petrol station and change them to £20's, you could also cut up magazine articles or coupons from junk mail etc. You have to be a bit more careful but it is do able.

Ben
DP the Great
View Profile
Regular user
CC, Texas
198 Posts

Profile of DP the Great
Wow, that looks amazing. I am really impressed by the new handling and will definitely have to check this sucker out. Thanks for the heads up -DP
D. P. the Great
www.dpandedmagic.com
mysto59
View Profile
Loyal user
Bethalto, Illinois
264 Posts

Profile of mysto59
I bought Heiny 500 and I think it's great. I use 1's to 10's (my wife said NO to 100's) Definitely worth the price...
It's not the size of the wand that matters, it's the "magic" in it...
MagicAggie
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of MagicAggie
I also do $1 to $10 (the new $10 bill) so it adds a flash of color when the change occurs. I also have Slow Burn and Hundy 500 and vary the routine between all three and find it helps keep it fresh.

The visual transformation in Slow Burn works really well with the different color of the $10 bill.
jekyllandhyde
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of jekyllandhyde
Recently received this and made it up. The handling is so smooth I fool myself while rehearsing.
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
Any word if they might re-shoot the explanation of building the gimmick? I was going to buy this but outside the Café I have had 3 seperate people here locally tell me that building the gimmick without gregs dvd is near immpossiable
Michaels
View Profile
Elite user
412 Posts

Profile of Michaels
Quote:
On 2007-11-29 09:08, Joshua Barrett wrote:
Any word if they might re-shoot the explanation of building the gimmick? I was going to buy this but outside the Café I have had 3 seperate people here locally tell me that building the gimmick without gregs dvd is near immpossiable

If you pause the DVD while the gimmick is on the table you'll be able to set it up without any problems. Keep the frozen frame in front of you while constructing the gimmick.
Hope this helps
Michaels
"Our technology is ahead of our humanity"
Albert Einstein
KPPfeiffer
View Profile
Loyal user
205 Posts

Profile of KPPfeiffer
I think Hundy 500 works best with US currency (same size, same color). For other uses - changing paper to money - check out Peter Studebakers variation of the Page original. Its good! (Classic Studebaker DVD).
Roberto Giobbi has also a routine for Paper to money - as one expects from him very detailed.
Nick Lewin recently wrote, that Bruce Cervon performed a version, which was marvellous and inexplicable even for magicians. Does anyone know more about this?
lukeko
View Profile
New user
Northern Virginia
27 Posts

Profile of lukeko
This does seem like a great affect. I wonder if it matter which one/DVD you actually get between the Heiny and Hundy 500? It seems as though in the Hundy 500 that he might hand them out afterwards for examination.
"I do not envy the magician that knows 10,000 techniques... I envy the magician that practices one technique 10,000 times"
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5035 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Where the magic begins
MagicAggie
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of MagicAggie
Lukeko - it really doesn't matter which DVD you get. You cannot hand out the bills (all of them anyway) in either of the routines.

I think this is a great effect and actually have several different DVDs just so I could see different angles, patter, handling, etc. I have Hundy 500, Heiny 500, Slow Burn, 3-D Cash, Pat Page's #4 DVD with Easy Money and am certainly glad I got them all. They all offer something a little different.
Bobby Forbes
View Profile
Inner circle
virginia beach, VA.
1491 Posts

Profile of Bobby Forbes
I have Hundy and I love it. It Can be done surrounded
donkeys and waffles
View Profile
Loyal user
From Florida but all over US now....
294 Posts

Profile of donkeys and waffles
Aggie, I have hundy 500 as well and I really like the handling of the heiny 500. I perform the hundy all the time and it must be different in some way. I cant see doing the change that easily with hundy. Is it worth the 25 for the heiny if I already have the hundy ? Which one would you recomend next ? The slow burn or the heiny since I have hundy ? Thanks !
3 people can keep a secret if two of them are dead... Benjamin Franklin
MagicAggie
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of MagicAggie
The gimmicks are "nearly" identical but the way Heiny is constructed allows for the unfolding visual change that Karl shows in the demo video. I would recommend Heiny over Slow Burn because I like it better.

It really blows people away when you show them the ones, fold them over in your hand and then right before their eyes, the bills unfold into $100s (or $50s in my case).
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Heiny 500 (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL