The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Heiny 500 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
D&W,
There's a demo video at Kozmo's site that shows the presentation. If in your opinion it looks better than what you're doing, then you have your answer.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
donkeys and waffles
View Profile
Loyal user
From Florida but all over US now....
294 Posts

Profile of donkeys and waffles
Thanks guys. I have done Hundy for months now and it is one of my favorite effects. I do like the rolling out of the 100s, it seems more magical and fair than flipping the money. Hundy is great but I think this is a better version.

Thanks again !!!
3 people can keep a secret if two of them are dead... Benjamin Franklin
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Got mine and love the idea, something so simple. Well I already had my gimmick do to a previous product. ONly issue I'm have is the Change. You know where he say to keep a Br. To prevent from the extra bill to flip? Well I have a hard time finding it with the pinky and they don't fall foward singly, almost like in twos or threes. Any thoughts?
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
I Like it, I ordered some million dollars bills and I'm gonna try it with those
magicman1
View Profile
Inner circle
1183 Posts

Profile of magicman1
Didn't like the million dollar bills as they were to stiff..

Don
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
Yeah, the ones I'm trying are rather cheap in price... however iv seen several different ones, anyone try the http://www.millbill.com bills?

all I know is I can't afford to do it with hundereds and id have a hard time having 20s tied up longer then a week right now
donkeys and waffles
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

I bought some fake, real fake looking 5's from the costume/magic shop and I made copies to exact size of a real bill. I am going to make the fake 5's turn into real 5's. I do the 100 dollar ones but am constantly feeling to make sure they havent fallen out of my pocket. I think this extremely fake 5's to real 5's will be a strong effect too. Imagine passing out the fakes and some patter about counterfeiting and such and then in one motion, turn them into usable money. It would be easy to do at a bar and try to pay with fake fives. Say oh, I am sorry, I thought I had already changed these and switch to real fives. Hand them two or three of the five dollar bills to pay for a drink,check whatever. Have a few extra real fives to replace into packet and then you are ready to perform it again in seconds.
tpax
View Profile
Elite user
Columbia, Maryland
443 Posts

Profile of tpax
I think the Heiny 500 is a far superior handling then the Hundy 500 for most situations. I like the change back to the 1's, it's very natural and makes for nice patter.
I would not try to pay for anything with fake money, even in the context of a magic trick. All it takes is showing it to the wrong person at the wrong time and, BAM, charged with trying to pass counterfit money. And that would be a bummer.
spencerpeterson
View Profile
Regular user
New York City
186 Posts

Profile of spencerpeterson
Does anyone know if I can do this with magazine paper to money or singles to mismade bills?
www.cleardeception.wordpress.com

The Magic of Spencer Peterson
donkeys and waffles
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Quote:
On 2007-12-23 23:49, tpax wrote:
I think the Heiny 500 is a far superior handling then the Hundy 500 for most situations. I like the change back to the 1's, it's very natural and makes for nice patter.
I would not try to pay for anything with fake money, even in the context of a magic trick. All it takes is showing it to the wrong person at the wrong time and, BAM, charged with trying to pass counterfit money. And that would be a bummer.

I guess I should have been clearer, I meant show or flash the fake ( mickey mouse fake) bills and then change them to real bills before handing out to be used as real currency. If someone tried to pass these fakes out and someone was stupid enough to cash them or to think that someone was really trying to use them, I would have to question the persons intelligence or lack thereof.

all that being said, I think it will be a great effect to hand out the fake 5's ( to spectators) and then take them back and switch them to real five dollar bills and if I did lose the packet, I wouldnt be near as upset as I would if I lost 606 dollars. Smile
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
I just recently purchased this and must say that I'm very impressed with it. Yes, you can use magazine paper to money and singles to mis-made bills.
cardlover
View Profile
Regular user
149 Posts

Profile of cardlover
I have never done this type of trick and want to know if it would be easy enough for a beginner of money magic?
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Yes, once you make the gimmick and practice a bit, it's very easy.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
organicmagician
View Profile
Veteran user
USA
345 Posts

Profile of organicmagician
I just wanted to chime in that Karl showed me a few tips on this recently and I've been working on it for a brief time. This could be my favorite trick. When Karl does it, it looks like real magic and is probably the most visually stunning closeup illusion I've seen.

I had Hundy 500 sitting on my shelf, not wanting to commit the 100s, but after I saw the creator perform the illusion, I bought it immediately and made the gimmick right away. You can use magazines, fake money or probably almost anything with some thickness to construct the gimmick. I'd also agree this is pretty easy. If you have good dexterity, you might even have this ready the same day you make the gimmick.

Also, I watched Hundy 500 in the background once without paying attention, but I was able to construct the gimmick easily enough by just watching Heiny 500 without referring to the other DVD. Very impressive. The shuffle is also amazing.
organicmagician
View Profile
Veteran user
USA
345 Posts

Following the questions about magazines, I made up a Heiny 500 with 1s and magazine pieces. I used an off-white paint to color the tips of the magazine sheets and drew a smiley face for george, a pyramid on the back and the word "EAGLE".

It looks awesome!

I do a little a patter about how you can hypnotize people into doing things they normally wouldn't. I pull out the fold of magazine sheets and say, "These are Euros...no, no, obviously they are counterfeits. And pretty bad ones" (said as I show one of the magazine pieces to the spectators). Then I go into the Heiny "Look at the Pyramid" bit from the DVD and talk about how if you stare at it for a minute, it almost looks real, then finish the routine.

People seemed really wowed by this and I love it. Thanks for the magazine idea.
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
I might mention that I purchased from a crafts store a paper cutter called "Cutterpede". Its a small paper cutter that will make the task of making the magazine bill a lot easier.
daver
View Profile
Elite user
Jupiter, FL
424 Posts

Profile of daver
Help! Okay, I am officially a dork.

Someone recently (I can find NO history of it either here on the Café' or my personal e-mail) was kind enough to send me a small video clip that was put together to help further explain how to build the Heiny 500 gimmick. I have my DVD, and finally the bills to do it, but now I can't find the video file on my PC.

Could someone be kind enough to resend it to me?

PM me for my email.

Thanks in advance...

Okay; After a loooong time searching, I found it. And now to make up for the annoyance and interruption here, if someone needs this, just PM me where to send it, and please, don't ask for it unless you have the DVD already (not only is it "bad form", but just having a gimmick does not mean you can do justice to the handling, of which Karl goes into very nice detail on the DVD....)

Back to real stuff now...

So what glue to you prefer for making your gimmick? Karl says rubber cement. I'm kinda iffy on that (have not tried it yet) because I suspect that will give additional weight and thickness to the gimmick.

I have tried several of my daughter's school glue sticks (because one says "permanent" and I do not want to permanently ruin $200), but...

1) The "washable" glue sticks do not seem to adhere to US currency (I'm fooling with 1's for now)

2) The "permanent" one (Avery brand) seems to adhere to the bills okay, and once it sets, seems reasonably sturdy and after 4 hrs of being "set", I can pull the bills apart and the stickiness is gone (i.e. the bills could be spent). I'm wondering if this could hold up to some number of performances...

What have your experiences been?
Dave

What's the difference between a magician and a deck of cards? A deck of cards has FOUR suits...
organicmagician
View Profile
Veteran user
USA
345 Posts

I have used rubber cement and I've made about 10 of these gimmicks so far. It works great, the weight is fine and then you can pull them apart and use them later.
daver
View Profile
Elite user
Jupiter, FL
424 Posts

Profile of daver
How about the stiffness? I don't have any rubber cement handy to try tonite, but with these glue sticks, the gimmick is still pliable, but perhaps a little stiff. Had you tried anything else before the rubber cement?

Just looking to see some alternatives before mucking up the bills I got from the bank ;-)
Dave

What's the difference between a magician and a deck of cards? A deck of cards has FOUR suits...
organicmagician
View Profile
Veteran user
USA
345 Posts

Well, I was happy with the cement, so I haven't felt the need to experiment. The bills are slightly stiff with it, but I doubt any more than any other glue because rubber cement is very flexible. I only use a small amount.

The nice thing about it is it comes off the bills very easily so you can reuse them. I wouldnt worry about experimenting with it on 100s, because they pull apart easily enough and the you can just rub/use a little friction to remove the glue residue completely.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Heiny 500 (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL