The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Heiny 500 by Karl Hein (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
magicman1
View Profile
Inner circle
1183 Posts

Profile of magicman1
Just ordered it. Looks to dam good

Don
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
Quote:
On 2007-11-04 10:47, Christopher Kavanagh wrote:
I'm guessing any of these, slow burn, hundy, heiny, you wouldn't do table hopping as you'd like to get tipped and whi is going to tip someone that can turn dollars into hundreds.

If you're not going to perform for magicians, where have folks that use these effects peerform them?

That's why you change it into checks or a different currency.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2007-11-04 22:35, THEGUY26 wrote:
Quote:
I'm guessing any of these, slow burn, hundy, heiny, you wouldn't do table hopping as you'd like to get tipped and whi is going to tip someone that can turn dollars into hundreds.

If you're not going to perform for magicians, where have folks that use these effects peerform them?

I do do that. But the dvd shows ones to hundreds, so I was wondering for folks that do that, where they perform it.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Anyone get this in yet? I recently had to get into my Hundy gimmick so I might have to go with 1 to 20's.
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Quote:
On 2007-11-04 22:54, Christopher Kavanagh wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

I do do that. But the dvd shows ones to hundreds, so I was wondering for folks that do that, where they perform it.

Oh, I understand. You can have them tip you then, change it to a hundred using any old bill switch, then walk away.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2007-11-05 00:08, THEGUY26 wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Oh, I understand. You can have them tip you then, change it to a hundred using any old bill switch, then walk away.

I'm not talking about a single bill switch.

Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
Southeastern United States
1119 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
I finaly watched this today, and will now be using this handling.

I have Hundy 500, 3D cash and now this, which to me is the most magical, because of the extremely open and smooth handling.

3D cash is something I will still use, because of the extra change, but as far as the smoothest handling out of all three, Heiny wins hands down!

Steve
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Quote:
On 2007-11-05 00:41, Christopher Kavanagh wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Neither am I. You perform your Heiny, you get tipped, and they asked if you can change that into a hundred, and you do that with a bill switch (of course s****** the T*** T** while you are putting the Heiny thing in your pocket).
bond19
View Profile
Inner circle
Blackpool, England
1338 Posts

Profile of bond19
Heiny all the way... pure magic!!
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2007-11-05 02:21, THEGUY26 wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Neither am I. You perform your Heiny, you get tipped, and they asked if you can change that into a hundred, and you do that with a bill switch (of course s****** the T*** T** while you are putting the Heiny thing in your pocket).

Now that is DARN CLEVER and solved the riddle for me. THANK YOU!!!

jaws826
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of jaws826
At the risk of causing a stir...

I was never a big fan Hundy 500 handling, and not sure about this new version. I don't like that you need to fold the packet (though the 'folding' is admittedly more subtle in Mr. Hein's version) to cause the change.

To me, Slow Burn is much more magical looking. If done correctly, the hand appears to pass about three or four inches in front (a-la shadow coins) of the OPEN packet. The resulting change is beautiful, magical, and impossible to explain.

Granted- the 'fold under' is necessary in order to display the entire changed packet. But if handled deftly, the spec never remembers this. Here's what they do remember: He cleanly showed me four regular checks(how I do it), front and back. Then he passed his hand over the checks and they turned into real money, which was again counted out and cleanly displayed front and back.

Honestly- how can you do better than that?
Tim Hannig
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago area
1149 Posts

Profile of Tim Hannig
Quote:

If you're not going to perform for magicians, where have folks that use these effects perform them?

It's something I carry with me to show anyone who hears that I do magic. If I feel like showing them something, I act like I don't really have anything on me, and then act like I'll just "try" something with my money.

I keep hundy in a money clip in my front pocket separate from my wallet.

On the occasions when I do strolling for a corporate event, it is a great opening effect for me. It commands instant attention and respect....waving that much money around.
For me, so much better than opening with a card trick.

I will have to say that I'm careful who I show it to and who's watching:

1) in instances where I might get robbed!

and

2) If I'm around someone where that much money might change their life, I would probably do a different trick. I don't want to come off like a rich jerk.

Make sense?
Author of PERFORM, the 2020 Magic Cafe Book of the Year

"I loved this book!" Ken Weber

"4 out of 4 stars!" Nick Lewin

"This will be a classic of magic!" Mark Pocan

performbettershows.com
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Quote:
On 2007-11-05 11:05, Christopher Kavanagh wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-11-05 02:21, THEGUY26 wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Now that is DARN CLEVER and solved the riddle for me. THANK YOU!!!

Wow, I thought you were going to say it was a dumb idea. Anyways, I'm glad to help. does anyone know if the Heiny 500 gimmick is the same as the Slow burn gimmick? I would really rather just have one gimmick.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
On 2007-11-05 18:28, THEGUY26 wrote:
Quote:

Wow, I thought you were going to say it was a dumb idea. Anyways, I'm glad to help. does anyone know if the Heiny 500 gimmick is the same as the Slow burn gimmick? I would really rather just have one gimmick.

I only say that to dumb ideas. lol.

I use Slow Burn but never thought about your great idea. May I use it?

THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Of course you can.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I'm getting itchy to order this bad boy. I'm close....

http://www.madhattermagicshop.com has this ( they have such a cool shop. Magic and all sorts of neat effects ).

Click here:
Heiny 500 by Karl Hein

stevenamills
View Profile
Veteran user
397 Posts

Profile of stevenamills
I've PMed Karl, but I know he's not a regular here, so I haven't heard back.

I'm having trouble making the gimmick to match the DVD. I even went back and made a fresh set ($1s & $5s - not $100s) using Greg Wilson's instructions right from Hundy 500. I even marked the ABCD on the bills. I still have the same issue. It doesn't match the DVD. Karl says he makes it like the Wilson method, but I can't make it work.

Specifically, I never get the Pyramid side up in the first phase and George is facing the opposite direction.

Nothing here is terribly critical, I guess, but it makes it very difficult to "follow along".

Maybe I'm messing something up. Has anyone else had this issue?

As good as the DVD is, I wish he had spent more time on the gimmick construction. For me, it's very difficult to folow.

s.a.m
MagicAggie
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of MagicAggie
Or here where it's less expensive when you add the shipping cost.

http://www.bottsbeans.com/shop/index.php?productID=237
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Quote:
On 2007-11-08 09:34, stevenamills wrote:
Maybe I'm messing something up. Has anyone else had this issue?

As good as the DVD is, I wish he had spent more time on the gimmick construction. For me, it's very difficult to folow.

s.a.m

I discovered the same thing when I made my first gimmick. Using GM's method it's exactly the reverse of Karl's version. I don't think it matters that much unless you use the design as part of your patter.

Yes, the construction phase is a bit sketchy, but to their credit they did mention Patrick Page's original and "Hundy 500" for more detailed information. For some reason I was under the impression when I bought this that it was an "improved handling" and that it would do no good unless I already knew Hundy 500. As it turns out it stands well enough on it's own,... except for the gimmick construction part. Wilson's explanation seems to be so well done that nothing other than exactly copying his instructions would equal it.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
BrucUK
View Profile
Regular user
UK
163 Posts

Profile of BrucUK
Quote:
As it turns out it stands well enough on it's own,... except for the gimmick construction part. Wilson's explanation seems to be so well done that nothing other than exactly copying his instructions would equal it.

I'm sooo glad it isn't just me that thinks this.
It would have so much more "fair" to have told people this up-front.
Bruce
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Heiny 500 by Karl Hein (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL