The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » It's happening again! (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
3953 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
This is already posted in the convention section. The winds of Autumn are just around the corner. And with them comes news of another magical event by the New York Coin Magic Seminar Group. David Roth, Dr. Michael Rubinstein, and Mike Gallo are proud to announce Coin Seminar Five, to be held on Oct 27th, 2007, at Marc DeSouza's Magic Theatre outside of Philadelphia . Although Mr Latta will not be participating at this time, we are proud to present the same brand of coin magic that has made the Coin seminars the coin event of the year! Not only will you get over eight hours of lectures, presentations, workshops, and hands on personal instruction from the guys who have shaped the world of coin magic over the last thirty years, but as always, there is much, much more! At our now famous seminars you will always find unpublished routines, practical material for all performing situations, new coin moves, a special gift package worth over $100, a Pizza lunch (always a highlight!), a few surprises, and of course,special guests!

We are pleased to have with us at Seminar Five, a Seminar Veteran, Kainoa Harbottle. Kainoa will be making a special presentation, and will be present throughout the seminar to answer all your questions, and show you his wonderful techniques. But wait, there's more!

We are proud to announce a special event, for the first time in the United States!!! Appearing with us at Coin Seminar Five, direct from Florence, Italy, Giacomo Bertini!!! Giacomo has rocked the coin world with his innovative techniques and routines, and will be showing some new material, never seen before. Giacomo does not speak English, but Dr. Michael Rubinstein will be able to provide simultaneous translation from Italian to English. Due to the language barrier, Bertini will not be returning to the USA for quite some time, so this is a rare and special opportunity to see a New Master at work!!

The cost for all this? Until October 1, we have a special price of $250. After October first, the price goes up to $300. Seats are limited, and with this year's lineup, this Seminar is sure to book up fast. For payment information, please send an e mail to coinchampions@aol.com . Watch our website for any further information. We look forward to having you with us this Fall!!
ONLY A FEW BOOKS LEFT AVAILABLE FOR SIGNING!!! First edition and reprint of Rubinstein Coin Magic sold out in RECORD TIME! The good news, though, is that I have reprinted the book once again (they are selling like hotcakes!), so there are enough for everyone!! As such, and for the last time, I again have a VERY limited supply of books left that I can sign. All come with a special FREE GIFT (worth over $25!) until supplies are gone, so first come, first serve! To order, be sure to send me an email at rubinsteindvm@aol.com . The books usually ship the day after the order is received (excluding weekends)!
RUBINSTEIN COIN MAGIC- The biggest book on coin magic since Bobo's Modern Coin Magic, and the most important since David Roth's Expert Coin Magic! Hardbound, 500 pages, 20 chapters of state of the art coin magic illustrated with 930 crisp photos! A contribution chapter from over 20 of the world's top coin magicians! This will be the book against which all future books on coin magic will be measured! Already called a Modern Classic!!
And if anyone (USA ONLY) needs some of the coin stuff used in the book, shoot me an email at rubinsteindvm@aol.com as I have some limited supplies of coins and props used on the book.
Fingers
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania, USA
1330 Posts

Profile of Fingers
Wow, that sounds fantastic Dr. Rubinstein! Time to start saving up some cash.....
Where I go, so do my coins.....
Bill Wells
View Profile
Elite user
Lexington, VA
457 Posts

Profile of Bill Wells
Michael -

It's great that you guys are presenting another Coin Seminar - anyone seriously interested in coin magic should take advantage of this remarkable opportunity and Mark's private theatre is a wonderful venue for the seminar.

Are you planning a theme or particular area of coin magic for Coin Seminar V? ... and will you be shooting another DVD after the seminar?

Bill
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
Hmmm...I might have to try and go to this. Depends on the drive. =D
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
3953 Posts

As always, we will be focusing on a specific topic, although we always seem to cover so much more, based on the interest of the group. The topic for this Seminar is Productions, Vanishes, and Penetrations. We will be filming a DVD as well (to come out several months later), but as always, the DVD does not cover all that we do at the Seminar. The Seminar is a unique opportunity to get new and practical material, performing tips, critique, personalized instruction, and material that will never be seen elsewhere, including the opportunity to see BERTINI in action in the USA for the frst time, and learn from him!. While the DVDs have some material taken from the Seminar, many of the tricks taught are not the same, and things come up and are covered at the Seminar that have nothing to do with the DVD. The DVD is a good learning tool, but the Seminar is a unique experience all its own. We have already received a good initial response, and expect that with BERTINI And KAINOA, this Seminar should book up in no time (Marc's theatre only holds a limited amount of people). Looking forward to seeing you all there!
ONLY A FEW BOOKS LEFT AVAILABLE FOR SIGNING!!! First edition and reprint of Rubinstein Coin Magic sold out in RECORD TIME! The good news, though, is that I have reprinted the book once again (they are selling like hotcakes!), so there are enough for everyone!! As such, and for the last time, I again have a VERY limited supply of books left that I can sign. All come with a special FREE GIFT (worth over $25!) until supplies are gone, so first come, first serve! To order, be sure to send me an email at rubinsteindvm@aol.com . The books usually ship the day after the order is received (excluding weekends)!
RUBINSTEIN COIN MAGIC- The biggest book on coin magic since Bobo's Modern Coin Magic, and the most important since David Roth's Expert Coin Magic! Hardbound, 500 pages, 20 chapters of state of the art coin magic illustrated with 930 crisp photos! A contribution chapter from over 20 of the world's top coin magicians! This will be the book against which all future books on coin magic will be measured! Already called a Modern Classic!!
And if anyone (USA ONLY) needs some of the coin stuff used in the book, shoot me an email at rubinsteindvm@aol.com as I have some limited supplies of coins and props used on the book.
Kainoa
View Profile
Elite user
NewArk, Delaware
424 Posts

Profile of Kainoa
Quote:
On 2007-08-27 09:16, Bill Wells wrote:
Are you planning a theme or particular area of coin magic for Coin Seminar V? ... and will you be shooting another DVD after the seminar?

Viz. the productions, vanishes, and penetrations: It will run the gamut from single coin techniques to multiple coin techniques and even a few discussions on gaffs (I'm even bringing my Triple Threat, or at least my version of it). I imagine we'll also be putting things through our hands and through tables (and mini-tables and then putting the mini-table through tables) and things like that.

I always produce my coins at the beginning and vanish them at the end of a tablehopping set (and care more about those moments than what they do in between), so I'm really looking forward to the topic.
solidimageartsllc
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles
176 Posts

Profile of solidimageartsllc
Oh, how I wish I lived on the East coast again.... (sigh) -Dan
Take infinite pain to make something look effortless - Michelangelo
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4355 Posts

Profile of rannie
Man oh man!!!! I will be in the East Coast.... BUT... I will miss it by a week! Darnit!
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
Quote:
On 2007-08-27 09:23, Joshua Barrett wrote:
Hmmm...I might have to try and go to this. Depends on the drive. =D

Heck, this one sounds so good, I'M considering driving. I mean, Bertini's coming. You'd better believe that he's got a lot more material than what you saw on the CD-ROM, and it's at least as good, if not better. And if you've got any interest in edge grip work, this Seminar features two of the best edge grippers in the world.

Oh yeah, and I hear Kainoa will be there, too.
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
tedski
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
786 Posts

Profile of tedski
I'm still working on some of the material from the first seminar in NYC....LOL!!

anyone serious about their coinwork would find this seminar a real treat with the original lineup.... but adding Kainoa and Bertini.....sheesh!! Wish I could make it...
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
3953 Posts

Not only may we touch on the topics that Kainoa mentioned, there are a multitude of plots to choose from...think hanging coins, black hole, coin to impossible location, cylinder and coins, and.......find out at the Seminar! Hey Ted, you are not too far away, come hang out with us!
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

Quote:
On 2007-08-28 22:13, Curtis Kam wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-08-27 09:23, Joshua Barrett wrote:
Hmmm I might have to try and go to this. depends on the drive =D

Heck, this one sounds so good I'M considering driving. I mean, Bertini's coming. You'd better believe that he's got a lot more material than what you saw on the CD-ROM, and it's at least as good, if not better. And if you've got any interest in edge grip work, this Seminar features two of the best edge grippers in the world.

Oh yeah--and I hear Kainoa will be there, too.

oh I agree , its more a matter of cost of lodging and travel...unfortantly....
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
3953 Posts

Lodging is very inexpensive, and an easy car ride to the Theatre. We use this location, as it is accessible by car, or plane.
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

Hehe ill see what I can do mid september if space is still available Smile
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
3953 Posts

Oh, forgot to mention, the real treat is seeing Marc DeSouza's incredible magic collection, in the bar outside the theatre. In addition to the great rare posters he has, there is a great collection of books and props. If you look at the video we have up on the Seminar page on our website, you will see what the theatre loks like, and if you have the Copper Silver DVD's. you can see some of the bar area in the workshop highlight section (in the bonus section).
Bill Citino
View Profile
Special user
Doylestown, PA
831 Posts

Profile of Bill Citino
Man I really hope I can get the money together to come to this seminar. I've missed out on the others and Marc's house is only 40mins from my house. I'm going to do my best to work up the money asap! This one sounds like it's going to be a good one!

-Bill
CitinoMAGIC: SLEEPLESS NIGHTS eBook - AVAILABLE NOW!
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

I'm trying to figure out the 9 hour drive, while not that far, I'm not sure if I could do it all in one sitting lol

++++++++++

Hmm...anyone near Cincinnati want to car pool there? =D
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
3953 Posts

Just got off the phone with BERTINI. He is going to reveal his own unique take on a classic Ramsay plot at the Seminar. I know that it will be something very special, and it will be premiered for the first time at Seminar 5, along with many other great ideas, tips, and techniques taught by the Italian coin master!
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

Seriously, anyone? lol
magicpro212
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of magicpro212
Who is this Bertini Guy? Are there any clips of him performing online?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » It's happening again! (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL