The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » REEL MAGIC MAGAZINE - TV For Magicians » » Episode #2 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Moonshadows
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of Moonshadows
Can't wait for mine!
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
If What Kevin and Jason said was on another DVD or even a book, I would have payed more. Jason really makes you sit down and think... Cant wait to see his working routine for the Palace.
squando
View Profile
Elite user
444 Posts

Profile of squando
This is a great resource. HORRAY FOR REEL MAGIC!
Frank
Danny Hustle
View Profile
Inner circle
Boston, MA USA
2393 Posts

Profile of Danny Hustle
This is the best thing that has happened to magic in a long time! BOTH DVDs have been home runs! I didn't think you could top volume 1 and the Jason Alexander stuff just blew my hair back in a big way! Unbelievable stuff on character development from GEORGE KOSTANZA himself! The guy created a character that is known everywhere in the world. And Kozmo and company got him to share the inside dope on Reel Magic. Just unfreakingbelievable stuff! For the price, if you don't buy it you are a moron plain and simple. People who call themselves magicians NEED to see this!

It's great Kozmo, just unbelievably fantastic!

Best,

Dan-

P.S. In both issues David Regal has caused me to spew coffee across the room. I have made a not to not indulge in hot beverages while watching volume 3. My cat may never speak to me again!

"MT is one of the reasons we started this board! I’m so sick of posts being deleted without any reason given, and by unknown people at that." - Steve Brooks Sep 7, 2001 8:38pm
©1999-2014 Daniel Denney all rights reserved.
Danny Hustle
View Profile
Inner circle
Boston, MA USA
2393 Posts

Profile of Danny Hustle
P.P.S. Kozmo...on issue three can you pretty please with sugar on it beg David Regal to share his work on the McCombical deck? Those of us who missed it in MAJ have been waiting for years to see it released somewhere.

Best,

Dan-

"MT is one of the reasons we started this board! I’m so sick of posts being deleted without any reason given, and by unknown people at that." - Steve Brooks Sep 7, 2001 8:38pm
©1999-2014 Daniel Denney all rights reserved.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Everything that Danny Hustle said. What a gift to the Magic world Kozmo has given!!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
Quote:
On 2007-10-25 01:33, Christopher Kavanagh wrote:
What a gift to the Magic world Kozmo has given!!
That's right Chris, it's excellent.

I must point out that, as is often the case in magic, it's a case of standing on the shoulders of others.

Full credit must also be givin to Tim Smithies in the UK for originating the format with his electronic magazine Prestidigital. He developed the concept at least a year before Kozmo. I think Tim's offering should be givin a thread here too.

If anyone doesn't know what I'm talking about take a look here:

http://www.prestidigital.tv/
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Thanks Koz, you are putting out one of the freshest and most fun subscriptions in magic. I love everything about it. Personally, outside the interviews my favorites are David's section (LOVE IT) and now Simon's comments (funny, sad, and on point). Please, more rants from Simon...

Tony
tian_ci
View Profile
Elite user
Knoxville, TN
477 Posts

Profile of tian_ci
This is a great project. I realize that I'm a bit late with my comments, but I really enjoyed watching this dvd while I washed the dishes and did various housework. It's fun, entertaining, and witty....

Very good stuff. The george...err...jason interview was fantastic and really insightful.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
I just got mine today, after ordering it last week. Seems I missed it, when it came out in Oct. I thought Wayne Kawamoto's segment was REALLY good! #3 had a "canned" feel, but this one ROCKED!

Simon Lovell is mostly correct on the "Internet", but what I find disturbing, is the influx of new "P2P" sites exposing some of magic's best effects...thousands of $$$$ worth...free for the taking. I get almost MILITANT, thinking about that..

The segement where Kevin James talks to Tim Trono was EXCELLENT! Tim was very low-key, which spotlighted Jason A. in a big way! Tim Trono is an EXCELLENT interviewer! Those of you that know me, know that I don't hand out compliments to broadcasters/interviewers that easily. Being a radio broadcaster, myself, I am very critical of the business. Tim Trono absolutely SHINED on that segment!

Koz says, "...Reel Magic Quarterly...is excited about the future and what we can do to improve this product."

Well, Koz, really...you've got a winner. It stands alone. If you want to "improve" it, I'd really only suggest more "freebies", like #3, including a gimmick or two with one of the features. Other than that, I've never sat through TWO hours of magic DVD's before..I ALWAYS watch in segments...not this...all three, I sat and watched the entire two hours and fifteen minutes.

In a word? Phenomenal!

Doug
Kex
View Profile
Special user
Arlington, Texas
577 Posts

Profile of Kex
I would agree that the interview with Jason Alexander was top notch. Nice to hear his thoughts on developing the act and how to break out of the 'George' mold that Sienfeld left him. I wouldn't say I was a huge fan of his.. but now I am and really need to see his act!
Geoff Weber
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington DC
1384 Posts

Profile of Geoff Weber
I bought the first 3 volumes from Koz at magi-whirl. #2 was my favorite. Loved the Jason Alexander interview, and David Regal's enthusiasm for cigapen cracked me up. I'm a convert! I'm going to subscribe.
mantel
View Profile
Special user
922 Posts

Profile of mantel
Quote:
On Aug 26, 2007, Kozmo wrote:
So you want to know whats in Episode #2

We also have the return of David Regal “ Tricks of the Trade”, Wayne Kawamoto with “Choice Cuts”

1. Cigapen by Jesse Feinberg
  2. Prohibition by Charlie Justice
  3. Andrew Mayne's Shrinker
  4. Friend Vol 1 & 2 by Bruno Copin
  5. Caller I.D. by Larry Becker & Lee Earle

1. Street Cups DVD and book by Gazzo
  2. Link! by Nabil Murday
  3. Trilogy by Dan and Dave Buck
mantel
View Profile
Special user
922 Posts

Profile of mantel
Quote:
On Aug 26, 2007, Kozmo wrote:
So you want to know whats in Episode #2
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » REEL MAGIC MAGAZINE - TV For Magicians » » Episode #2 (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL