The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Triple Espresso (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Scott O.
View Profile
Inner circle
Midwest
1142 Posts

Profile of Scott O.
If any of you are within driving distance of one of the following cities, you have to go see Triple Espresso.

Milwaukee
Minneapolis
San Diego
Portland

This is a great show featuring magic as part of the play. It is not a magic show, but, instead, uses magic as part of the "plot" (if you can call it that) You'll also see hand shadows that will have you rolling in the aisle.
Quote:
The premise of "Triple Espresso" is that one of the characters, Hugh Butternut, is celebrating his 25th anniversary of being the entertainment at the cafe. His specialty is singing, with his own piano accompaniment, '70s pop tunes.

Hugh and his former colleagues Bobby Bean and Buzz Maxwell - I hope you're catching all of the coffee references here - appeared on Mike Douglas' television show 25 years ago, but their performance was such a fiasco, the group disbanded in a fit of quarreling. Although they haven't spoken since, Bobby and Buzz quietly appear in the audience for Hugh's anniversary gig. He calls them up on stage, and they are off and running.

This show is hilarious. My sides hurt from laughing so much. And if you watch with a critical eye, you can learn a great deal about performing magic properly.

A magician in my area recommended the show, and I heartily do the same for all of you. If you get the chance, go see Triple Espresso.

http://www.tripleespresso.com

Scott Smile
Do not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time you will reap a harvest, if you do not give up. Galatians 6:9
spfranz
View Profile
Regular user
Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
137 Posts

Profile of spfranz
Same here. It's a great time and good clean humor. I live in Minneapolis and went to see it. Bill Arnold was normally the magician and I had heard great things about him. I was a little disappointed when we got there and heard that he had a substitute that night. Not too disappointed though, his substitute was Christopher Hart.

Great show.

Scott
Never ask a dog to watch your food.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Triple Espresso (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL