The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Mississippi IBM Ring 98 Bob Sanders Lecture (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dlachance
View Profile
Veteran user
Mississippi
343 Posts

Profile of dlachance
LECTURE

IBM Ring 98 "The Gene Grant Ring" in Ridgeland, MS is proud to welcome Bob Sanders of Magic By Sander among its midst for a lecture on September 14, 2007 at 7:00 pm.

Where: Colonial Heights Baptist Church
444 Northpark Drive,
Ridgeland, MS 39157

Prices:
Ring Members $5
All others $10

If you have any questions, please call Dorian LaChance at 601.940.9930 or email dorian@magicbydorian.com

INFO ON LECTURE.....
http://www.magicbysander.com

Bob was born and raised in Montgomery, Alabama and has always called it home from where ever he might have been at the time. Although he was raised as a cowboy, his mother, a singer/dancer, always encouraged him to pursue the entertainment business. By age thirteen he had a personal manager, agent and contract with a major movie/recording company. He was already performing in theaters and on stage as a professional musician with recording artists and movie stars. (He also went to school with John Denver.) Upon going off to college at the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa, Bob started American Artists Enterprises as a personal management and booking agency for professional entertainers and a firm that traded and negotiated recording contracts. It had offices in Tuscaloosa and New York. Uniquely, it was also the largest agency in the USA handling live entertainment for shopping centers and malls. Over 542 malls and shopping centers bought their live entertainment though AAE. That kept a lot of magicians and variety acts working.

At college graduation, Bob had service in the US Navy ahead of him, so he sold American Artists Enterprises and had to leave the world of commercial music forever. He went exclusively into the magic he had begun at age sixteen. In 1969, following the advice of other professional entertainer friends and to give privacy, he began working professionally as Magic By Sander. In his forty-something years in the business, Bob has performed stage shows in theaters, hotels, fairs, conventions and ballrooms around the country. He also has decades of experience in fundraisers, trade shows and sponsored corporate magic as well as talent in television commercials. His corporate clients have included the world’s largest private daycare provider, the most profitable brewing company in America, some of the largest consumer electronics firms in the world, the largest shopping mall management firm in the USA, the nations largest retailer, major advertising agencies, several leaders of the computer/information industry, medical care providers and communications firms. He has turned down invitations to perform for Worldwide Magical Congresses in Mexico City and Calcutta, India.

Bob has been active in magical fraternal and professional organizations since the 1960s. Those include the International Brotherhood of Magicians, the Society of American Magicians and the secretive Wizards of the Ozarks (professional magicians of the West and Midwest), which elected him Magicians’ Magician of the Year 1981-82. During that period he was doing over 200 stage shows a year, working on a Ph.D. in marketing, management, and finance; and caring for his infant son on the road with him. He has held offices in all of the major magical organizations. In the 80s he was responsible for transferring part of SAM’s film library to VHS tape.

Among magicians he is best known for dove magic. Perhaps that is because he is the originator of Dove Hotline on the Internet and he wrote it for about seven years. Tony Clark handled it for a couple of years while Bob worked on a couple of books. Bob has returned to writing Dove Hotline in March 2006. Bob is on staff at The Magic Café. He also posts on PMZZ, KIDabra and the Genii forum.

Aside from magic, Bob is a published university professor, registered lobbyist, marketing and management consultant to publicly traded corporations, entrepreneur, importer, and has served on the corporate boards of directors of national and international corporations. He is married to Lucy Collins, MD, former ballet dancer and model from New York and Los Angeles, and stage magician who performs both with Bob and in her own shows. Lucy has a grown son in Los Angeles and Bob has an adult son in Hoover, Alabama and a daughter at Colorado State University. Bob and Lucy live with their many animals (horses, goats, doves, ducks and geese, and dogs) on Magic Valley Ranch in Clanton, Alabama near Lucy’s rural medical clinic where she enjoys her dream of being a country doctor.
-Dorian LaChance
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
I'd pay $20 to see that distinguished gentlemen.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
Bob is lecturing in Memphis the day before.
The only stupid question is the one not asked.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Now there's an offer Margaretta, Bob, Graceland, and BBQed ribs all in the same town.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
So, Al, should I make the dinner reservations now? What time should I expect you? Smile

Margarette
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
See you soon folks. I'm loaded up and truckin'

Bob
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
phillipsje
View Profile
Veteran user
329 Posts

Profile of phillipsje
Quote:
On 2007-08-28 15:13, Al Angello wrote:
Now there's an offer Margaretta, Bob, Graceland, and BBQed ribs all in the same town.

I'm envious.
dlachance
View Profile
Veteran user
Mississippi
343 Posts

Profile of dlachance
Wooooo hoooooooooo....can't wait

Dorian
-Dorian LaChance
magicelam
View Profile
Veteran user
Tennessee
368 Posts

Profile of magicelam
Just want to say that Bob is a great guy, and his lecture is great. He performed for us at the Twin City Magic Convention, and was wonderful.
Mike
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Thanks All, for the kind (in some cases forgiving) words.

We do have fun in magic!

Tonight will be the lecture in Memphis. (Al sorry no ribs for you! I did see Elvis. Could you teach him to juggle?)

Friday, I will roll even more SOUTH to Jackson to my friends in Mississippi. (Do we need to post a "Look-out"?)

Bob
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
Looking forward to it Bob. Unfortunately, it will just me from my family in attendance. Other obligations require the rest of my bunch to be elsewhere. BUT, Ryan says HI and hopes to see you at The Cavalcade next year.

Margarette
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
I'll miss seeing Ryan. He keeps me on my toes. I know that the tough competition is only a half step behind. At The Cavalcade, I'll watch him blow my doors off with his magic. (That gives me about six months to practice until the end of March. I'll have to work hard.)

Earlier to day I went out to see where we are meeting. Everyone there told me about the Magic Tuesdays that have been going on there. It sounds like they have been having fun.

See you tonight!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander

PS --- Is Elvis coming?
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
just_larry
View Profile
Veteran user
330 Posts

Profile of just_larry
Al,
You forgot "Now there's an offer Margaretta, Bob, Graceland, BBQ ribs.....And Larry.... all in the same town."
See everyone tonight.

Larry
Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
Elvis wasn't there, and it was pizza instead of barbeque, but Bob's lecture last night was, in a word, excellent. All I can say is that it's a good thing I didn't get my paycheck until today, otherwise, I would have spent it all last night! Jackson, MS....you are in for a treat tonight!!

Margarette
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Folks,

It was a blast! Someday I hope we get to meet again. I look forward to taking up where we left off.

Thanks for inviting me!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Dorian,

Watch your email. I owe you some photos. Sorry the battery died in the camera or there would have been more.

Margarette,

I catch you in Eureka Springs at the Cavalcade of Magic the last weekend of March. I hope Ryan is performing.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander

PS --- I have suggested to some other lecturers that they make it a point to contact you.
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Mississippi IBM Ring 98 Bob Sanders Lecture (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL