The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Chronologue / Gordon Diary ? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Devils Advocaat
View Profile
Loyal user
London
248 Posts

Profile of Devils Advocaat
Hi all,

Does anyone know how the two effects differ? (Chronologue Vs. Gordon Diary). Apart from price of course. Chronologue is available from Alakazam for £30. The Gordon Diary can be had for around a tenner. Alakazam's source seems to be Viking, Chronologue is listed here for $35.

Many thanks,

Frank. Smile
"My Karma ran over my Dogma..."
ixnay66
View Profile
Inner circle
Denver
1525 Posts

Profile of ixnay66
I've seen both. I think the strength in Chronologue is that you don't use a deck of cards. The spectator names a date, you have them look it up in your diary. You mention an envelope in the pocket in the diary. You tear it open and the card from their date is in the envelope.
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of Logan
Chronologue seems like a wicked awesome trick, I must say.

I'm ordering Gordon Diary so when I get it I'll give a review on it. The basic differences would be that the Gordon Diary can be used with a borrowed deck and the spectator shuffles and everything.

With Gordon Diary, you can incorporate a story with it and in my opinion, you can make the whole thing last alot longer - just my opinion.

Of course, there is a price difference but then again, Chronologue does seem to be a very wicked trick - I would love to see it in action!

Will write a review of Gordon Diary when I get it.

All the best,

Logan
You've been hit by, you've been struck by, a smooth criminal.

Singapore's Hairiest Corporate Comedy Magician!
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4748 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I bought Chronologue from Collector's Workshop years ago. As you know, Collector's sells only the best. Chronologue is no exception. I recommend it highly. I also recommend getting four Piatt envelopes. This provides a cleaner ending in my opinion, but is not necessary.
MichaelSibbernsen
View Profile
Special user
Omaha, NE
513 Posts

Profile of MichaelSibbernsen
The differences between the two are vast. In terms of quality of props, quality of effect, and workability, Chronologue rates very high on the scale and the Gordon Diary very low.

If you want to see "the real work", check out the make-it-yourself version of Chronologue on the Bob Cassidy Mental Miracles video.
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
I have used Chronologue for many years now with great success. It's a killer effect.
You can also use it in impromptu situations anywhere.
I mostly perform in the Swedish language, therefore I have made my own calender in Swedish.
But I have a different approach to the ending. I put the envelope visibly on the table before the effect. When the spectator names the card, I dump the card out and show the envelope empty. Easy to do, but you need a good crystal clear presentation for this effect.
Michael Dustman
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
1223 Posts

Profile of Michael Dustman
I have never personally seen the Gordon Diary in action. I can attest to the phenomenal reaction that Chronologue gets.

I have performed Chronologue in my close-up shows and strolling gigs for about 10 years. I bought my set directly from Collectors Workshop. I have a story that goes with the routine that takes the routine to about 5 minutes long. The reaction though has always been positive. I wear a suit to work every day and carry Chronologue with me on a daily basis.

Michael
View Profile
Special user
874 Posts

Profile of 1908
Ok, I am very satisfied with Chronologue but my opinion is to purchase Bob Cassidy's mental miracles--much better investment which includes a better method for chronologue.
Don't wait for the perfect moment...Take a moment and make it perfect!!!
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
I've used Chronologue for about 13 years now. I generally use it as a "stall" when performing Collector's Workshop's Perfect Time. They work well together, and then you've not only predicted the correct birthdate, but the exact time as well.

Steve Thomas
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2280 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
We had a good thread going on this in "Inner thoughts."
Those interested might want to check it out for more info....
Bryn D. Reynolds, Author of:
"The Safwan Papers" & "The LOGAR Scrolls" Mentalism ebooks - PM any interest.
My artwork: https://darkmountainarts.com
Gary
View Profile
Veteran user
Market Harborough, UK
367 Posts

Profile of Gary
The strength and overall impact of Chronologue is that it does not use a deck of cards. This is something that Cassidy reinforces on his DVD/video where he performs a version.

The Collectors Workshop release is certainly worth buying, but it is also possible to make your own version if you are prepared to spend the time.
"I can see clearly now, the brain has gone"
- Anon
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Chronologue / Gordon Diary ? (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL