The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Liquid glass (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
JoyJoy
View Profile
Special user
Germany
514 Posts

Profile of JoyJoy
Quote:
On Aug 29, 2007, thefifth wrote:
How about a Video?

Oh wait here we go...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsMNMhAW77M

It seams this link is dead. Is there another one?
Thanks in advance.
magicmatt
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of magicmatt
Yes is there another link. I feel like there was one posted on Facebook not that long ago and can't find it.
Sean McLellan
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of Sean McLellan
I'd be interested in seeing it as well, if anybody happens to find a link that's working.
Sorcerer
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of Sorcerer
Sean, you can watch it here: https://youtu.be/rlEvQR8gk3Q
Fungineer
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of Fungineer
Is the original Peter Warlock version (routine and plan) in print anywhere?
natmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
USA
295 Posts

Profile of natmagic
I think pulling the glass out at the end tips the method
karvis
View Profile
Regular user
spain
133 Posts

Profile of karvis
Quote:
On Mar 23, 2016, natmagic wrote:
I think pulling the glass out at the end tips the method

maybe,,, I know it is like a puzzle but I hvae no idea about the secret... I and I would like to know... Smile
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22652 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
No it is not a puzzle, but it can be Puzzling as all magic tricks should be. It is a NEEDLE WITH A RIBBON ATTACHED THROUGH PLATE GLASS. In other words a penetration.

Owen's Magic made Harry Blackstone Jr.'s version.

I seen Harry Blackstone Jr. perform this live here locally.
Mike Thornton
View Profile
Regular user
Canton, MI
102 Posts

Profile of Mike Thornton
Harry Blackstone's Liquid Glass was made by Willie Kennedy, not Owens.
thomasR
View Profile
Inner circle
1115 Posts

Profile of thomasR
I saw Rick Thomas perform this last year in his Branson show. He did a really nice job with it, as usual.
rocky clements
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of rocky clements
I have performed Liquid Glass for many years and I can tell you that lay people do like it very well. It gets more "how in the world does that work?" comments after the show than any other effect in the show. The lifting of the glass through the ribbon at the end always gets a visible and audible reaction from the audience, so I definitely do not think that tips the method. And the reflecting of the stage lights on the glass as it is lifted out looks very nice. I have learned the hard way, however, that you need to have both shutters on when you do "the move" as the inevitable fingerprints on the glass can tip the method. If you want to do a trick that you are confident will fool just about everyone in the room, this is it.
mralincoln
View Profile
Loyal user
If I wasn't so busy, I'd have more than
220 Posts

Profile of mralincoln
I've seen Rick Thomas perform this in Branson, too, and his performance of this effect made it one of my two favorite effects he performs. His choreography to fitting music for this effect made it very special. He recently removed it and replaced it when he added his disappearing helicopter (and audience member), and, to be honest, I preferred the Liquid Glass illusion. In fact, I would love to find a good, used (authorized) version of this at a good price. To be honest, IMHO, this is much more "fooling" than a guillotine or head chopper. (I own versions of each.) While the head copper type illusion is funny/humorous, the Liquid Glass is MYSTERIOUS, if performed well. Again, this is just my humble opinion; I'm not trying to spark a debate.
Fungineer
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of Fungineer
Quote:
On Oct 25, 2016, mralincoln wrote:
I've seen Rick Thomas perform this in Branson, too, and his performance of this effect made it one of my two favorite effects he performs. His choreography to fitting music for this effect made it very special. He recently removed it and replaced it when he added his disappearing helicopter (and audience member), and, to be honest, I preferred the Liquid Glass illusion. In fact, I would love to find a good, used (authorized) version of this at a good price. To be honest, IMHO, this is much more "fooling" than a guillotine or head chopper. (I own versions of each.) While the head copper type illusion is funny/humorous, the Liquid Glass is MYSTERIOUS, if performed well. Again, this is just my humble opinion; I'm not trying to spark a debate.

I too saw Rick Thomas perform this in Branson two years ago or so. His staging, music selection, choreography, and overall presentation of this effect was one of the best and memorable things about the show. This is a great illusion.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Liquid glass (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL