The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Neat and Tidy - Rubber Bands - By Wayne Fox (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
This sounds like a "snap" to perform.. Smile ..
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
jamie9
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

Profile of jamie9
Yeah you can buy rubber band balls at an office supply store. And the gimmick looks easy to make for like under 5 bucks....
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1691 Posts

Profile of Markymark
One of the gimmicks is not easy to make up for under 5 bucks!
I have this and I do like it.The only drawback for me pocket space as it is quite
a large ball.
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2574 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
This may have been answered before, but is the ball examinable once you're done?
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1691 Posts

Profile of Markymark
Yes it is.Wayne suggests maybe giving it to an important client.So you could then
replace it with another one.
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
magicmanfrank
View Profile
Inner circle
1127 Posts

Profile of magicmanfrank
I see that the fine folks over at Hocus-Pocus are now carrying this.

Anyone know if you HAVE to wear a jacket or not to do this?

How about long or short shirt sleeves?

Thanks!

=Frank=
The Early Bird may get the Worm, but it's the SECOND Mouse that gets the CHEESE!!!

Frank Thurston

www.FrankThurstonMagic.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Magic-of-Frank-Thurston/116625117910?ref=nf
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1691 Posts

Profile of Markymark
A jacket must be worn but it could have short sleeves!
kadz
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of kadz
So according to the description of the effect, it is a gimmick that rolls the rubberband together...so the rubberbands are not gimmicked itself yea?

Reason I ask this is I wonder if we must use the rubberbands provided, or can we just get a bunch of rubberbands from a newly bought packet and perform the trick
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1691 Posts

Profile of Markymark
You could use your own rubber bands or add some to the bunch you get.
This is very like a trick from Eric Anderson lecture notes from some years back
but I do believe it's a case of 2 people coming up with the same idea.
It is one of those 'why did'nt I think of THAT!'type of things.
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
Important question: Is it an instant reset for walkaround and restaurants?
Important question 2: Does it take up an entire jacket pocket?
Important question 3: Is it definitely angle proof?

I don't care about the cost. It's a great looking trick. I'd gladly pay $50 for something I'll use that looks that good. I'm a working professional and am always looking for interesting material to add to the arsenal...especially for repeat customers.
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1691 Posts

Profile of Markymark
It does re-set.It's not angle proof but the ball does only take up half a pocket.
digiquick
View Profile
Regular user
Sydney
114 Posts

Profile of digiquick
For what it is worth

It is a little pricey, but the DVD is very good, so much more that you can get from this seasoned performer - I sell it here in Australia and use it myself, the reactions I get make it worth the high price.

I think the ball could be slightly smaller, so remove some bands to suit yourself
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
One more question. Do you have to remove a wad of bands from your pocket, do the trick in the hands and that's all? I mean, is it possible to have the bands out, take two bands, do a few tricks, then make the band ball? I know you can't put it on the table. What I guess I'm asking is do you take out a wad of bands, take two, put the wad back in the pocket, take them back out and perform neat and tidy? I'm really thinking about buying this.
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1691 Posts

Profile of Markymark
The best way [and the way Wayne suggests] is you do 1 or 2 elastic band tricks such as crazy mans or ring off band.Then hand those 2 bands out and then take the
wad of bands out of your pocket and say something like ''Look at all these bands I
have to carry around! This leads into making the band ball.You can put the ball on the table or even give it away.
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
That's what I thought. Sounds good to me.
WolfgangWollet
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of WolfgangWollet
We finally have them in stock at http://www.wonderwarehouse.com
Martin Waring
View Profile
Loyal user
York, England
255 Posts

Profile of Martin Waring
I have it and its one of the best gimmicks of this sort that I've ever used so do not be concerned about the quality that you are getting for the price. The instructional video is short and sweet and directly to the point with no unnecessary filler which I really like.

I haven't performed this yet as, although its not hard to perform, its going to take me a deal of practise before I'm confident enough to bring this out at a gig but I do like it a lot and I'm sure that with practice I'll be ready to give this a go real soon. I'm not sure where I'll use it yet. Probably not strolling but maybe at tables could work or an after dinner cabaret situation.

Obviously some pocket space is needed to hold the ball!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Neat and Tidy - Rubber Bands - By Wayne Fox (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL