The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Ball Rolling up and Down Cane (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bairefoot
View Profile
Inner circle
1097 Posts

Profile of Bairefoot
Hello. Has anyone here ever seen a magician hold a cane out between both hands and have a ball go up and down the cane? If so please email me or please share how good or bad the effect looked. Did it look magical?

Thanks
Bairefoot
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
It looks more like juggling/balancing skill than magical... but if you sell it and do it well, go for it.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Pete is right. By itself it may not look good and magical but you can always combine it with ball manipulation to spice up the routine.
ibm_usa
View Profile
Special user
In Your Mind, Ky, USA
722 Posts

Profile of ibm_usa
Sure it can become magical. It is a ball that refuses to obey the laws of gravity!
"You may think that i only talk of things from the past, you know, history, well magic is history"

-Guy Jarrett

"Curiosity isn't a sin Harry, but it should be exorcised with great caution."

-Albus Dumbledore (Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire)
http://www.jordanallen-mentalist.webs.com/
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1950 Posts

Profile of kregg
That's right. The difference between magic and juggling are the relationships between the object, the performer and ultimately the audience.
POOF!
Bairefoot
View Profile
Inner circle
1097 Posts

Profile of Bairefoot
Thanks fellows. So can someone help me with some methods that will work. I plan on using a golf club. Thanks

Bairefoot
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Petrick and Mia sell a floating golf ball that should work well for you. I just checked their web site and it is no longer listed. I have one I can sell. It is a newer version of the old Blondio ball trick. Ball travels from hand to hand.

http://www.pmmagic.com
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Why didn't you mention a golf club in the beginning? You asked about a cane. Different problem owing to the shape differences.

BTW: I just thought of a way to do the ball bouncing off the club head ala Tiger Woods (but I ain't gonna tip it off). Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
montemagic
View Profile
Elite user
San Diego, CA
471 Posts

Profile of montemagic
Michael Lair had a mini paper lantern that he did a similar effect with. It may have been a mini beach ball. It was very cheap and easy to do.
Aim To Amaze
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Dr. Peter Gloviczki had a billiard ball roll (actually creep) slowly down his arm into the last remaining space between his fingers. It is explained in one of his sets of lecture notes.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Bairefoot
View Profile
Inner circle
1097 Posts

Profile of Bairefoot
Thanks everyone. Mr. Baker do you have those lecture notes? I do remember Mr. Lairs routine now. Thanks Monte. Can you tell me more about the Blondio Ball? Thanks Pete I love that idea it would look like reel magic.

Thanks again.

Bairefoot
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Sorry, Michael. I did have them until about a year ago. Sending you a PM.

~michael
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Paul Jester
View Profile
Special user
UK
759 Posts

Profile of Paul Jester
Blondio (sp?) ball is explained in "It's Easier Than you Think" Vol 3 (the add on to the original book) by Geoffrey Buckingham. It's a similar effect where the ball is rolled along the top of a handkercheif. If you get some string and play you can put it together real easy though...
If you hit upon any problems let me know.
Paul
Bairefoot
View Profile
Inner circle
1097 Posts

Profile of Bairefoot
Thanks Paul.

Bairefoot
BenSalinas
View Profile
Special user
Coinoscenti
746 Posts

Profile of BenSalinas
Gaetan Bloom rolled an egg across a wooden cane in a movie called "Henry & June" about Anais Nin a few years ago.
Your Friendly Neighborhood Coin Flinger

www.SalinasMagic.com

The Modern Coin Magic blog
www.ModernCoinMagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Ball Rolling up and Down Cane (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL