The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Ninja Rings by Shoot Ogawa (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
1796 Posts

Profile of Daren
I have noticed on Bob Kohler's site that he is now selling the rings and DVD.

What exactly is this routine? Can anyone describe it for me, or is there an online demonstration?
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
4865 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Is it much better than McAbee Rings?
Dan Farmer
View Profile
Loyal user
Northern Nevada
235 Posts

Profile of Dan Farmer
Unfortunately I don't know what McAbee Rings is, but I can say that Ninja rings is an awesome routine. It's essentially linking rings but with a close-up scale. I would get the rings that are approx. 3 inches in diameter. The rings are very nice looking (at least the ones Shoot used). It's cool because at various phases in the routine you allow the spec to choose where they would like the ring to penetrate and you do it right there. You can let the spectator link a ring. Ermm...I can't remember all the other phases but I do remember hearing Jeff McBride yell, "What!?"

I didn't know it was out yet! Woohoo!

-Dan
KC
View Profile
Special user
Utah
550 Posts

Profile of KC
Here in Japan, every toy store that has a magic section (a good majority of them) has every magician doing the miniature linking rings. There are even 2 videos they sell on the linking rings which feature Shoot Ogawa, Keiko Kobayashi and others.

I haven't seen the instructional videos, nor do I really care to because I was one of the few fortunate people to get a copy of Reed McClintock's version of the linking rings. And also, some of the magicians I know here would gladly teach the linking rings to me if I wanted to learn it.

But I guess that everyone in the Café isn't as fortunate to have that resource. So, either wait for the Shoot Video, try to find the Reed McClintock Manuscript or try to find the other mini linking ring video that came out a few months ago. I think it was Dan Garret or Dan Fleshman, I don't really remember.

The ninja rings always gets strong reactions from lay people here in Japan. Although, my mom saw someone do it at a toy store and when she got home, she asked me, "There's a h***, right?"
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
I just read the ad on Hocus-pocus.com for the Shoot Linking Rings. The quality of the rings is very high. Welded smooth and nickel plated. That is about as good as it gets and the routine sounds awesome.
I am placing my order tonight.
Chance Smile
Creator of Wacky Wolf Productions & Fine Collectibles

A DECADE of building Magic and we're just getting started!

http://www.wolfsmagic.com
Dan Farmer
View Profile
Loyal user
Northern Nevada
235 Posts

Profile of Dan Farmer
I guess I was a little overly enthusiastic on my first post but truly my girlfriend and I got to see Shoot do what was essentially a parlor show and the ninja rings was her 2nd favorite thing after his rope routine.

-Dan
alexhui
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong
1669 Posts

Profile of alexhui
I purchased the Ninja rings in Japan a year ago. Well, you can say they are good rings with a good routine video. And that's all.

Alex

One point to add. I didn't perform the routine at all after I purchased the rings because when I was in Japan, everyone was performing the same routine. I don't want to do the same thing everyone in Japan is doing. Smile I've already seen the routine hundreds of times.

Alex
The Real Way of Magic is to touch the soul of our audience, but not to touch the ego of our soul
sharpace
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of sharpace
My feelings are the same. So many people are doing it with 4 rings, not too many routines can be worked out. I prefer the 8 linking rings routine.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Ninja Rings by Shoot Ogawa (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL