The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Single vs. Multiple (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24096 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I like better when when multiple bills change the same time. The single bill change does not satisfy me as much. What method you prefer?
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3717 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Greg Wilson's "Hundy 500" effect looks good. Five one dollar bills change to five one hundred dollar bills.

Mark.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24096 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I agree it looks good. But I use foreign money to American money. I always walk up to a cashier and ask if they take foreign money. They always tell me "No." I say "I guess I will have to turn it into American money." They always ask me how I did that.
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3717 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Sounds like a great effect and I bet gets good reactions. What is the change you're using?

Mark.
Darby
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
231 Posts

Profile of Darby
Hundy 500 is a great multi-bill change. I tried it, however, with different colored bills (now that the new bills are a different color than the older $1 bills design), and thought it was noticeable. I'm sure the foreign bills are a different color - so how do you hide it?
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3717 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Darby, you're right. I saw it with ones changing to the new tens, which were a different color bill. You could spot the bills a mile away and, although the change looks good, you can't pull it off in public because of the color contrast. It just looked cool from a magician standpoint looking at the concept.

Mark.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24096 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2007-08-29 19:00, mrunge wrote:
Sounds like a great effect and I bet gets good reactions. What is the change you're using?

Mark.

Patrick Paige's method.
Darby
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
231 Posts

Profile of Darby
Yeah - I did it with $10s too. It worked in dark environments, but not well lit environments. I even tried shaving the inner bills, but then they looked fake (they were checked pretty closely when I tried to spend them later too). I had to get the older $10 bills.
h_A_Z
View Profile
Special user
Ireland/Msia
701 Posts

Profile of h_A_Z
This color reason is the reason why I decided not to perform this effect. I know that Pat Page original routine changes blank pieces of paper to dollars. How does he display the papers without the dollars peeking out? Can someone point me to his routine? DVD? Booklet?
Spydur
View Profile
Special user
PDX, now San Diego...back to PDX
966 Posts

Profile of Spydur
Hey All,

There is a version that is on my upcoming DVD "Voracity" that I think you will thoroughly enjoy!

Corey
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24096 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2007-08-29 21:27, h_A_Z wrote:
This color reason is the reason why I decided not to perform this effect. I know that Pat Page original routine changes blank pieces of paper to dollars. How does he display the papers without the dollars peeking out? Can someone point me to his routine? DVD? Booklet?

Michael Ammar Easy to Master Money Miracles, Volume 3 (EZ Money): http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=401
Joey Stalin
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1077 Posts

Profile of Joey Stalin
I was scared of the colour difference at first, I have Hundy, although I can only afford to change $5s to $10s. I'm Canadian. Our 5 dollar bills are a bright blue, and our 10 dollar bills are purple. The only thing I changed was the change, I use the 3D cash change, instead of Greg's. All I have to do is cover the front edges of the bills with a finger, keep everything moving and slightly pointed down.
-A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.
-It is easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them.
-The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.

See you space cowboy...
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24096 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Joey, you might want to go to a coin shop to look for foreign money you might want to add. There may be other bills that match your country's bills. That is how I found foreign money.
Darby
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
231 Posts

Profile of Darby
Paper to Bill effect is also on The Secrets of Money Magic - World's Greatest Magic by the World's Greatest Magicians. It's called "Paper Money" from Mark Leveridge's Master Routines. With the method he shows, the bill is not visible in the beginning, and the bill can be handed out and inspected at the end.
Joey Stalin
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1077 Posts

Profile of Joey Stalin
I don't know if I'd use foreign money before, cause I have broken up my hundy gimmick more than once lol.

I forgot to mention I switched to the 3D change cause I could use that joke about asking "What's the fastest way to double your money? Fold it in half!" They roll their eyes and chuckle, I do it and they go blind from shock.
-A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.
-It is easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them.
-The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.

See you space cowboy...
Scott Fridinger
View Profile
Special user
Gloucester Pt, VA
883 Posts

Profile of Scott Fridinger
Quote:
On 2007-08-29 19:43, mrunge wrote:
Darby, you're right. I saw it with ones changing to the new tens, which were a different color bill. You could spot the bills a mile away and, although the change looks good, you can't pull it off in public because of the color contrast. It just looked cool from a magician standpoint looking at the concept.

Mark.

I would disagree, I did it with 20's which have green edges and no one noticed. I do prefer 100's when working though, it gets a much stronger reaction.
www.JustGreatMagic.com
Sleight of Hand, Sleight of Mind
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18559 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
With all the versions out now, I still prefer Pat Page's EASY MONEY with the half-inch offset as used by Fred Kaps.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
For me, both versions have their Beauty and Ugly side. Let's take the Single Bill change:
1-The bill is Borrowed.
2-It can be Examined in ALL the situations.
3-You make the switch again, and the person stays MORE astonished.
The Bad points:
1-Only one Bill is used.
2-You need a TT, a prop FULL REVEALED in "Night at the Museum" Movie.
3-Your hands need to LOAD AND UNLOAD THE TT.

The Multiple Bills:
1-You use many bills, and this fills the eye of the person.
2-You have your hands clean at the start and the end of the miracle.
3-The Quantity (Maybe for magicians it is not important, but for lay it is) is not the same - 1 100 dollar bill, as 5 100 dollar bills!
The Bad ones:
1-Are YOUR BILLS.
2-Is NOT examinable.
3-You do the change only once.

Maybe I am SO classic, but one of the MOST entertaining bill switch effects I've seen is "Polaroid Money" by Richard Himber!
Thanks, and good luck with your bill switches!!!
Hansel!
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Single vs. Multiple (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL