The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Who Manufacturs the Best Folding Coin? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
triXter9669
View Profile
Loyal user
229 Posts

Profile of triXter9669
Just curious as to your thoughts. I would love to see one where there is no visible lines to the naked eye. Not sure if one is out or if that's even possible (i wouldnt think so) but I have seen ones that are better than others.

Your thoughts?
jbk2006
View Profile
Loyal user
USA
230 Posts

Profile of jbk2006
Get one from Roy. K. His are the best in my opinion. Johnson is my second choice. Sasco, then tago. The tango folder's have an internal system(mine does at least) and when the band breaks, it causes to much hassle to get it back in. I'd rather have a band groove than spending 2 hours replacing a band. I use a silver metal putty(hardened into a mold but removeable) to cover my groove.
TWOCAN
View Profile
Special user
PORT RICHEY FLORIDA
763 Posts

Profile of TWOCAN
You know its the luck of the draw on these. Some times you get 100 that come out great and that 101 has visable lines. I have to say that Roy Has great products and yes Johnson is great also. There are others that have great custome work but the price is high depending on your budget. I sell the Johnson flipper and so far every one that I have recieved has been very good.
Close up coin magic.

Okito box clip.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=100n9CnFjXw
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6112 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Years ago when I bought Johnson > quarter, I thought I got ripped off. I saw nothing.
andrelimantara
View Profile
Special user
Surabaya, Indonesia
869 Posts

Profile of andrelimantara
Get the custom one from either Schoolcraft n Lassen

Cheers
Andre
"Good performance comes from good practice, Great performance comes from the heart - Andre Limantara"
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6074 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
I think my folder is a Johnson and it's just fine! I opened my "special" coin case looking for my Johnson flipper today and it has vanished (best one I've done to date) so I'm using it as my excuse to call Jamie to order a gravity flipper!
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
1919 Posts

Profile of tbaer
http://www.precisionmagic.com/reviews.htm

"Bite coin plus" at precision magic is suppose to be top of the line.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I would go with Johnson's. They have the best quality.
phillipsje
View Profile
Veteran user
329 Posts

Profile of phillipsje
I would go with Johnson's as well.
TWOCAN
View Profile
Special user
PORT RICHEY FLORIDA
763 Posts

Profile of TWOCAN
Johnson it is. Bravo
Close up coin magic.

Okito box clip.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=100n9CnFjXw
triXter9669
View Profile
Loyal user
229 Posts

Profile of triXter9669
I was looking at that bite coin plus. Any other reviews on this one? See, I owned a johnson and I wasnt too thrilled with it. I don't know if it was becuase I used it so often or what not but to my eye I could clearly see the lines. Now, contrary to this, I know that the spectator would not be looking for this so its not that big of a deal, I just wanted to know what the best ones out there were.

If anyone else could give a review of the Bite Coin Plus that would be great!

Thanks for everyone's responses.
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
1919 Posts

Profile of tbaer
TriXter9669, here is a link about the coin. Three pages worth, you should be able to make a decision after a lot of reading.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=109
triXter9669
View Profile
Loyal user
229 Posts

Profile of triXter9669
Thanks Tbaer I appreciate it!
DaddyDoodle
View Profile
Loyal user
Northern Hemisphere
277 Posts

Profile of DaddyDoodle
I really enjoy my Butter Coin (http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=664).
Smile Tally-ho! And Tuscarora too! Smile
phillipsje
View Profile
Veteran user
329 Posts

Profile of phillipsje
Stick with the Johnson Coins.
DaddyDoodle
View Profile
Loyal user
Northern Hemisphere
277 Posts

Profile of DaddyDoodle
Johnson coins ARE fantastic though. All in all, I'd say the best gaff for the green.
Smile Tally-ho! And Tuscarora too! Smile
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1460 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
Johnson makes very good folding coins. I've noticed, however, that coins minted in some years make better folders than other years. For Instance, the gaffs made with the years 1971 & 1972 are better looking and the cuts don't seem to show as much. Also, if you're using Kennedy halves, the right hand cut should follow Kennedy's profile for the best look. Just my opinion.
jquackc
View Profile
Loyal user
JC - Denver
218 Posts

Profile of jquackc
Quote:
On 2007-09-12 01:03, DaddyDoodle wrote:
I really enjoy my Butter Coin (http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=664).

The Buttercoin has limited use. It has a great cut but you can forget doing coin in bottle with it. IF you don't do coin in bottle then it is an alright coin.

Actually, the best folding quarters I've seen are from Sterling Magic. Johnson's have a great folding half dollar but I have yet to find a better cut folding quarter than sterling's.
JC

www.jquackc.com
myspace.com/jquackc

It's coming...QUACK... a new ebook from the fallible mind of JC... April 2048... groundbreaking material... limited edition... only 200 will be sold. Starting at $47... Preorder your copy toda
RJ Hunt
View Profile
Elite user
Lakeland, FL
466 Posts

Profile of RJ Hunt
2 words..."Profile Cut" I know that Johnson used to make Halves and Quarters with Profile Cuts. Also years ago El Duco and Steerling both made very high quality folding coins. You want to get a coing that has a profile cut, and not just a partial profile but full profile cut..,Good Luck...O and BTW the best coin for Coin in the Bottle is the one you get from the spectator...they can look and touch all they want. But as soon as you give it to me...POW!!! right inside the bottle...I do it at least a dozen times a night in my clubs...each one just a bit different...just something to think about because if you stick with magic you will see and understand a whole lot more...Good Luck to ya hope this helps in your quest...
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3729 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
I have one from a guy in Georgia named "Adamson", and it's pretty darned well-made.

Steve
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Who Manufacturs the Best Folding Coin? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL